ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 205
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
comochiefsfan 06:28 PM 08-26-2020
Shit’s gonna really hit the fan when (not if) NFL players decide to strike. NBA, MLB, NHL, none of them have the impact and influence that the NFL does.

It feels like we’re going through a seriously transformative period in our country right now.
KCUnited 06:30 PM 08-26-2020
Several NCAA football programs considering sexually assaulting someone to honor Jacob Blake. Some players citing just Covid fatigue though.
Sassy Squatch 08-26-2020, 06:32 PM
This message has been deleted by Sassy Squatch.
Sassy Squatch 06:33 PM 08-26-2020

The NBA has scheduled a special Board of Governors meeting on Thursday morning, sources tell ESPN.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) August 27, 2020

htismaqe 06:33 PM 08-26-2020
We don't have a black population here. We have a lot of hispanics but other than that, this place is about as white as Bill Clinton's legs.

And yet, I've seen people get tased and shot for resisting arrest several times.

It's almost as if resisting arrest is the problem or something.
Mecca 06:34 PM 08-26-2020
I think everyone owes it to themselves to listen to what Fred VanVleet said about this, especially if you're less sympathetic towards the reasons why these boycotts are happening today.
staylor26 06:39 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The problem is that in many cases, there's no justification for killing someone.

But my words don't matter. I'm not an African-American. I've never had to deal with type of situation in my entire life.

But Doc Rivers' words should matter.

I don’t have to be African-American to know that Doc Rivers, Lebron James, and a lot of these people are full of shit.

What about African-American Jason Whitlock and his take on all of this? He’s an AA and I happen to thinks he’s 100% right. Do his words matter?

It’s not that I don’t think that unjustified killings happen, I just don’t think they happen nearly as frequently as the narrative suggests. I think the 25% of police killing that blacks account for proves that. When 13% of the population commits around 50% of the murder and violent crimes, 25% is actually lower than I’d expect.

And in most of these cases that go viral, it’s almost always a violent criminal that is resisting arrest which leads to escalation. I’m sorry, but it’s hard to have sympathy for stupidity.
ping2000 06:41 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
College basketball is fucking garbage. 99.999999% of those kids can't play defense or shoot.
They play defense in the NBA? Stupid post Dane, and I am a fan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Pitt Gorilla 06:45 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
How many times are you going to repeat your dumb shit? It's not an honest question. It's you being a dumb **** because someone said something you don't like.
Had you posted in this thread prior to today? If not, why are you posting today?

You certainly seem awfully interested in how the NBA conducts its business for someone who seemingly cares very little for the NBA.
Pitt Gorilla 06:46 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by ping2000:
They play defense in the NBA? Stupid post Dane, and I am a fan.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
A lot of times, yes.
BigRedChief 06:46 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We don't have a black population here. We have a lot of hispanics but other than that, this place is about as white as Bill Clinton's legs.

And yet, I've seen people get tased and shot for resisting arrest several times.

It's almost as if resisting arrest is the problem or something.
I’ve lived in an 80% black zip code for 8 years now. I’m treated way different and better than my black neighbors by the police. I’m treated way worse by some employees of businesses in said zip code. It goes both ways. Just my anecdotal experience.
Pitt Gorilla 06:48 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t have to be African-American to know that Doc Rivers, Lebron James, and a lot of these people are full of shit.

What about African-American Jason Whitlock and his take on all of this? He’s an AA and I happen to thinks he’s 100% right. Do his words matter?

It’s not that I don’t think that unjustified killings happen, I just don’t think they happen nearly as frequently as the narrative suggests. I think the 25% of police killing that blacks account for proves that. When 13% of the population commits around 50% of the murder and violent crimes, 25% is actually lower than I’d expect.

And in most of these cases that go viral, it’s almost always a violent criminal that is resisting arrest which leads to escalation. I’m sorry, but it’s hard to have sympathy for stupidity.
What frequency, specifically, does the narrative suggest?

With what frequency do you think they happen?
Mecca 06:48 PM 08-26-2020
Anyone who argues college basketball is better than the NBA is making a ridiculous argument.
petegz28 06:49 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Had you posted in this thread prior to today? If not, why are you posting today?

You certainly seem awfully interested in how the NBA conducts its business for someone who seemingly cares very little for the NBA.
Why? Because I was working, dickhead. Now take your childish bullshit and go smoke your boyfriend's pole
Pitt Gorilla 06:49 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Anyone who argues college basketball is better than the NBA is making a ridiculous argument.
Literally nobody is that stupid, not even on CP.
petegz28 06:50 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't know but I prefer watching college BB over the NBA.
Page 182 of 205
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192 > Last »
Up