Page 52 of 68
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:11 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Texans are going to trade Watson. They just are.

Yeah they’re a terribly run franchise but even they know that Watson is not answering their calls bc he’s done. They know that if they try to keep him around and make this worse, he’ll tell them to fuck off and submit his retirement papers.

Then they lose Watson and get nothing.

He’ll be traded and I think it will be sometime later in the off-season.
I don't think they will. I think they're that delusional.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:11 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Texans are going to trade Watson. They just are.

Yeah they’re a terribly run franchise but even they know that Watson is not answering their calls bc he’s done. They know that if they try to keep him around and make this worse, he’ll tell them to fuck off and submit his retirement papers.

Then they lose Watson and get nothing.

He’ll be traded and I think it will be sometime later in the off-season.
Saying this doesn’t make it any more true.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:13 PM 02-12-2021
Imagine Russell to the Raiders and Watson to the Donkos.

That's what you call the #MahomesPanic
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:14 PM 02-12-2021
Watson isn't going to retire regardless. He may threaten to, but giving up that amount of money is ridiculous just because you're unhappy with where you're playing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:15 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Yep. Might actually be better in the long run for that franchise. Let him sit out the year so you can tank and hopefully McNair sees the error of his ways and cleans out Easterby and his goons.
It's better for us if Easterby stays. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:16 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Saying this doesn’t make it any more true.
By all means. Go ahead and make it 50X worse.

Watson is done in Houston. He will retire if it comes to that. And they will get no compensation at all. Ironically I can see that happening with those stooges.

Carson Palmer did this 10 years ago, so there is a precedent for it happening. This is also a new era and QB’s are speaking up more than ever before.

I don’t see Watson playing a down for Houston ever again.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:16 PM 02-12-2021
I don't think they will. I think they're that delusional.
This.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:21 PM 02-12-2021

Im obsessed w Jack Easterby. This guy is rasputin level conman whose in charge of the Texans and hes maybe the best stand up comedian in the world pic.twitter.com/McSweA4ibw

— PFTCommenter (@PFTCommenter) February 12, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 01:22 PM 02-12-2021
Watson isn't going to retire regardless. He may threaten to, but giving up that amount of money is ridiculous just because you're unhappy with where you're playing.
Watson has made $40.85 million from the Texans. And he’s only 25. The guy could retire, sit out this year and get a similar contract to what he got from the Texans in March of 2022.

Teams would be flooding his agent with calls to give him that much money :-)

In fact, it would be better for him. He got a $27 million signing bonus on his current contract. He’d easily get that again from his new team.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:26 PM 02-12-2021
No one in that audience knows wtf a crip walk is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:26 PM 02-12-2021
Uhh, that's not how that works. The Texans would hold his rights indefinitely.

Reserve/Retired List – If a player retires prior to the expiration of his contract, the team can place him on the Reserve/Retired List and retain its rights to the player under the player’s contract. The contract is tolled, so if, for example, a player retires with 2 years remaining on his contract, and is placed on the Reserve/Retired List, then, if he chooses to “unretire”, the player’s rights are still held by the team to the extent of the remaining 2 years of the contract.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:32 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. I don’t know why this is so hard for some people to grasp.

The teams that have a best shot are the ones with valuable assets (top 3 picks, good young players on rookie deals, etc.) and extra draft capital.

A team like the Broncos is going to have to give a ridiculous haul. More than anything people are thinking/saying.
I would imagine that whichever team is able to make the trade will give up a ridiculous haul...
[Reply]
-King- 01:45 PM 02-12-2021
What

The

Fuck?!?!
[Reply]
staylor26 01:49 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I would imagine that whichever team is able to make the trade will give up a ridiculous haul...
I don’t think you understand the difference between a team with significant extra draft capital like the Jets/Dolphins and the Broncos. Not to mention a top 3 pick this year.

The Jets and Dolphins can give up a ridiculous haul while not sacrificing their future.

They have more to offer. This is very simple.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:49 PM 02-12-2021
Why is this guy speaking at a church? Isn't there some vetting process? I mean, I get working for the Texans, but getting a set at a church?
[Reply]
Page 52 of 68
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662 > Last »
Up