« First < 4445051525354 55565758 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Chris Jones Thread****
Dante84 05:36 PM 04-29-2016
He's our guy: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...t-chris-jones/

Coming to KC soon. #Salute pic.twitter.com/dFDRuUdDt3

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 30, 2016

Here's a bunch of his tape:

Spoiler!

.@PFF_Mike explains why the Chiefs just landed a highly-underrated DT in Chris Jones. https://t.co/b0G66chLl5 pic.twitter.com/iVQ0KXqY7s

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) April 29, 2016

My scouting report on #Chiefs DL Chris Jones, who I believe has elite potential in NFLhttps://t.co/Nc2mJFYJEn pic.twitter.com/pIlxuf67iz

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) April 29, 2016

[Reply]
O.city 11:35 AM 07-20-2023
The cinci one is on Mahomes. Throw it to an open Kelce, or over his head out of the endzone.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:38 AM 07-20-2023
:-) Also, that 'hard truth' I've seem him mention a multitude of times? Loses quite a bit of bite when you take into consideration Reid has head coached in the second most playoff games in NFL history.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:49 AM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
:-) Also, that 'hard truth' I've seem him mention a multitude of times? Loses quite a bit of bite when you take into consideration Reid has head coached in the second most playoff games in NFL history.
And won the second most I believe.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:01 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
A head coach should know how to properly use, or not use timeouts, and along with that, challenges on plays that don't ****ng matter early in a contest, that potentially cost you one of your 3 timeouts.

I'll go slow here, so try to keep up.

Superbowl V Buccanneers.

Game situation: Defense has not been able to stop a nosebleed, Patrick Mahomes has had zero protection, and our receivers forgot how to catch footballs.

2 minute warning of first half, Brady and the bucs run the football on first down, and do not spend a timeout, nor do they rush to the line.

Bruce Arians is content to surrender this possession, and go to half up 14-6, a mere 8 point lead.

Andy knows we get the ball to start second half. A possession is being surrendered and the chance to get out of this shitshow half and adjust with an opportunity to tie next drive.

Nah. It's not like our defense has already been flagged 6 times this half. TIMEOUT!!

Defense proceeds to give up 2 spot fouls leading to a TD when Brady, enraged at his gift being refused goes into scoring mode, now we're down 21-6 at half. Brilliant. Who saw that coming?

AFCCG V Bengals. Early in the game Andy throws a challenge flag for spot of the ball. In no way should this have been challenged on such an insignificant play so early.

KC loses the challenge, and a timeout.

Mere seconds left at the end of the half, 0 timeouts left, Andy Reid passes on a gimme FG. Patrick Mahomes tosses an ill fated pass to Hill behind the line of scrimmage, where he is tackled immediately and Mahomes is frantically calling timeout, a timeout he no longer has, because Big Red gambled it and lost it on a ****ing ball spot challenge in the first quarter.

The aftermath lives in infamy. The Chiefs are thrown into disarray after getting nothing before half, Mahomes seems to forget how to play football, Rabblerouser loses his mind and the Bengals go on to lose to stat padford and the :-) in the superbowl we should have been in.

I could go on, but yeah. Timeout and challenge management are pretty God damn important. Especially when ****ing it up on the biggest stage cripples your chances of winning.

Hard truth remains fellas, Andy Reid has lost more post season contests that he was the favorite to win, than any other head coach in history.

It doesn't happen by accident.
You're seriously gonna act like Reid trying to get the ball back at before half, which he has always done since PMII has been here, to try and score was a bad idea at the time? He's getting the blame for the refs driving the Bucs down the field? You're blaming Andy for the Bengals loss? That's on Mahomes. Reid put them in position to win and they didn't capitalize.

Andy Reid very rarely wastes time outs and very often has 2-3 at the end of each half. He's better than most at that.

Id like to see the stats on losing the most playoff games that he was favored in, but I'd put that more towards him being so good if a coach that he takes mediocre QBs to the playoffs and they choke. He's 11-3 since Patrick Mahomes has started. What other coaches were so good that they drug mediocrity to the playoffs year after year?

You're such an idiot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:06 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dudes already gotten a massive contract and outplayed that, but some dipshit in here is worried that this is gonna be the contract that turns him lazy? I think he's proven that's not the type of player he is.
Yeah, if guaranteed money is the issue, figure that out.

Ultimately I just don't have many concerns regarding his level of effort. ESPECIALLY when he's a guy who's done nothing but mature and get better in that regard since he's gotten here. He's gotten more trim, more fit, more dedicated seemingly every year.

Why would that flip? The only worry I ever had was when we flipped from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and I was worried he wouldn't be willing to do the grunt work from an interior tackle that would've been more extreme than as a 3-tech. But he's very obviously proven that concern was unfounded.

Pay the man. Guarantee the largest percentage in league history for a DT. The only concern I might actually have would be on a 3 vs. 4 year extension. Paying him through age 32 is just fine for me but age 33 at top of the market money? Eeeeehhhhhhh......
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:08 PM 07-20-2023
Alex Smith was fine in the regular season, but couldn't handle the playoffs. I'd assume that's where most of the losses came from. Imagine thinking you have some kinda gotcha when the guy has the 2nd highest playoff winning percentage in history, has 2 Super Bowls, 4 Super Bowl appearances, and has been the the conference title game 6 times.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:10 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, if guaranteed money is the issue, figure that out.

Ultimately I just don't have many concerns regarding his level of effort. ESPECIALLY when he's a guy who's done nothing but mature and get better in that regard since he's gotten here. He's gotten more trim, more fit, more dedicated seemingly every year.

Why would that flip? The only worry I ever had was when we flipped from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and I was worried he wouldn't be willing to do the grunt work from an interior tackle that would've been more extreme than as a 3-tech. But he's very obviously proven that concern was unfounded.

Pay the man. Guarantee the largest percentage in league history for a DT. The only concern I might actually have would be on a 3 vs. 4 year extension. Paying him through age 32 is just fine for me but age 33 at top of the market money? Eeeeehhhhhhh......
He's such a freak I think he ages well. He takes care of himself, isn't a fat shit and is just huge. I also think he really wants to be in the Hall of Fame.
[Reply]
Kman34 01:45 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
A head coach should know how to properly use, or not use timeouts, and along with that, challenges on plays that don't ****ng matter early in a contest, that potentially cost you one of your 3 timeouts.

I'll go slow here, so try to keep up.

Superbowl V Buccanneers.

Game situation: Defense has not been able to stop a nosebleed, Patrick Mahomes has had zero protection, and our receivers forgot how to catch footballs.

2 minute warning of first half, Brady and the bucs run the football on first down, and do not spend a timeout, nor do they rush to the line.

Bruce Arians is content to surrender this possession, and go to half up 14-6, a mere 8 point lead.

Andy knows we get the ball to start second half. A possession is being surrendered and the chance to get out of this shitshow half and adjust with an opportunity to tie next drive.

Nah. It's not like our defense has already been flagged 6 times this half. TIMEOUT!!

Defense proceeds to give up 2 spot fouls leading to a TD when Brady, enraged at his gift being refused goes into scoring mode, now we're down 21-6 at half. Brilliant. Who saw that coming?

AFCCG V Bengals. Early in the game Andy throws a challenge flag for spot of the ball. In no way should this have been challenged on such an insignificant play so early.

KC loses the challenge, and a timeout.

Mere seconds left at the end of the half, 0 timeouts left, Andy Reid passes on a gimme FG. Patrick Mahomes tosses an ill fated pass to Hill behind the line of scrimmage, where he is tackled immediately and Mahomes is frantically calling timeout, a timeout he no longer has, because Big Red gambled it and lost it on a ****ing ball spot challenge in the first quarter.

The aftermath lives in infamy. The Chiefs are thrown into disarray after getting nothing before half, Mahomes seems to forget how to play football, Rabblerouser loses his mind and the Bengals go on to lose to stat padford and the :-) in the superbowl we should have been in.

I could go on, but yeah. Timeout and challenge management are pretty God damn important. Especially when ****ing it up on the biggest stage cripples your chances of winning.

Hard truth remains fellas, Andy Reid has lost more post season contests that he was the favorite to win, than any other head coach in history.

It doesn't happen by accident.
JFC.. Dude let it go..
[Reply]
tredadda 02:00 PM 07-20-2023
He's such a freak I think he ages well. He takes care of himself, isn't a fat shit and is just huge. I also think he really wants to be in the Hall of Fame.
Same. I think he only has two motivations left, one last big payday and the HOF.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 07-20-2023
That man's build cracks me up.

He's just built like a regular person who got put in an enlargement machine or something. He's not exactly yoked, he isn't fat.

He's just the living embodiment of the square/cube law. He's like 25% bigger everywhere (except...there) and somehow it makes him 80% more massive. But if you have him just standing in front of a white screen with nothing to provide perspective, he looks like the most normal dude in the world.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by Kman34:
JFC.. Dude let it go..
He's been fucking this chicken for 4 years. What makes you think he's going to suddenly become LESS idiotic?
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:25 PM 07-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That man's build cracks me up.

He's just built like a regular person who got put in an enlargement machine or something. He's not exactly yoked, he isn't fat.

He's just the living embodiment of the square/cube law. He's like 25% bigger everywhere (except...there) and somehow it makes him 80% more massive. But if you have him just standing in front of a white screen with nothing to provide perspective, he looks like the most normal dude in the world.

I always thought that about Poe. He was 350, but he always looked 290/300 at the most. You hear “350 lb DT” and you think of Gilbert Brown, but that wasn’t Poe at all
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:28 PM 07-20-2023
Really? That dude always looked thiccccc AF to me. Like a straight up barrel at times.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:30 PM 07-20-2023
Look at this glorious specimen. He has the physique of a tailless TRex

[Reply]
RealSNR 02:42 PM 07-20-2023
Look at this glorious specimen. He has the physique of a tailless TRex

I guess he had a biiiiiig ass. Didn't really have the pure gut like some other dudes, though.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 59
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 > Last »
Up