ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1109 of 4823
« First < 10960910091059109911051106110711081109 111011111112111311191159120916092109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:29 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
Vonn is such a cheating pos Dbag. At least twice-he jumped offsides, and even though the play was whistled dead- got away with two vicious QB hits.

You know he did it on purpose- sacrificed the 5 yards to try and injure Dak.

Vonn is the dirtiest player in the NFL.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 09:48 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Vonn is such a cheating pos Dbag. At least twice-he jumped offsides, and even though the play was whistled dead- got away with two vicious QB hits.

You know he did it on purpose- sacrificed the 5 yards to try and injure Dak.

Vonn is the dirtiest player in the NFL.
Are you sure it as whistled dead?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:57 AM 09-18-2017
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
Trevor Siemian has now started 16 games — a full season’s worth. His numbers: 328-of-546 (60.1%), 3,851 yards, 24 TD, 12 INT, 87.0 rating.
11:05 PM · Sep 17, 2017
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:05 AM 09-18-2017

Always love having my two biggest fans at the game supporting me! We love #BroncosCountry! pic.twitter.com/IVPOiJhx5c

— Jamaal Charles (@jcharles25) September 18, 2017

:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:07 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
Trevor Siemian has now started 16 games — a full season’s worth. His numbers: 328-of-546 (60.1%), 3,851 yards, 24 TD, 12 INT, 87.0 rating.
Pretty average in most areas.

Not great for someone with Dem Thomas and Sanders and a capable ground attack but definitely good for a 7th rounder.

I'm not sure about their strength of schedule thus far but they've got some tough games coming against the likes of Kansas City, Oakland, Pittsburgh and New England.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:09 AM 09-18-2017

ICYMI, Siemian’s QB rating after 16 starts vs. other Week 1 starters through their 1st 16. Above Mariota/Newton/Winston, just behind Ryan. pic.twitter.com/HApfItEijP

— Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) September 18, 2017

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 09-18-2017
So now Siemian is this great QB.....even though he just barely beat out Lynch during TC and preseason.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:13 AM 09-18-2017
Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
A season stat line that Alex Smith would be proud of . . . . . .

(Yes, I went there)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:14 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
So now Siemian is this great QB.....even though he just barely beat out Lynch during TC and preseason.
We heard this last year after Donko's Week 3 game against the Bengals.

Just give it some time and reality will bring it back around . . . .
[Reply]
RunKC 10:21 AM 09-18-2017
Semen played against a Cowboys defense with 3 corners out so him having a great day wasn't completely surprising.

I want to see what he looks like against a good defense.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:27 AM 09-18-2017
Semen played against a Cowboys defense with 3 corners out so him having a great day wasn't completely surprising.

I want to see what he looks like against a good defense.
I'm not getting excited until that happens, so I'm hoping you and Blacktop can tell me when that will happen. :-)

Next 3 are @ Bills, vs Raiders and vs Giants. Are any of those defenses good?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:30 AM 09-18-2017
The Donkos pre-Bye schedule is pretty soft (and mostly at home), but toughens up considerably after the Bye week. We'll find out what kind of team they are then.

Chiefs & Eagles back to back on the road (at end of October) will be a nice test for them . . . .
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:31 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
The Donkos pre-Bye schedule is pretty soft (and mostly at home), but toughens up considerably after the Bye week. We'll find out what kind of team they are then.
Dammit! I have to wait until after the bye? Crap, ok... thanks for letting me know.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 10:38 AM 09-18-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Dammit! I have to wait until after the bye? Crap, ok... thanks for letting me know.
I've already gone on record in here saying the Donkos are better than I thought they would be so far, but I still think they're behind Raiders and Chiefs in this division. They'll get a chance to prove me wrong when they face the Raiders in a couple weeks. We'll see . . . . .
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:41 AM 09-18-2017
Mike McCoy's Broncos offensive makeover on display in win

Originally Posted by :
"We should have put up 50," McCoy said, flashing an ice-cold glare. "Look, I want to score every single time we have the ball, and then I want to score some more -- that's my mentality, and that's how I approach it. I love our defense, and they're capable of carrying us, but I'm trying to give them as much of a cushion as I can. So I'm going to try to get the ball in the end zone, until (head coach Vance Joseph) tells me to stop.'

This, Broncos fans, is the real McCoy.

"I'm just doing what I love," he said, "in a place that feels like home."

"Oh man -- how do you want me to even start?" asked receiver Demaryius Thomas, who helped torment an undermanned Cowboys secondary with six receptions for 71 yards. "Mike is super-aggressive. He knows how to outscheme people, and he's trying to put up as many points as he can. He wants the players to come to him during the game and tell him what we think will work. If we bring it to him and he sees it, he'll try it."

Said cornerback Chris Harris Jr., whose third quarter interception of Dak Prescott and 23-yard return set up the Broncos' fifth touchdown: "As soon as we hired Mike McCoy, I knew it was over. He's all about matchups, and he'll find a weak link and attack that person. You never know who's going to make the play, who's gonna score the touchdown, because it all comes down to matchups. And he's gonna change it up every week. That's why we love him."

"We just needed a new scheme, man," Harris said.

While Kubiak, who now works as a senior personnel advisor for the Broncos, remains respected and well liked within the building, many Denver players believed things had gotten stale on the offensive side of the ball, contributing to growing locker room tension between the two units. The Broncos missed the playoffs in 2016, finishing with a disappointing 9-7 record.

"It feels so good, man, because last year it wasn't like that," cornerback Bradley Roby said. "We know how good we are on defense, and now to see our offense do that? If they're on and we're on ... Super Bowl, man."

Anderson, too, heralded McCoy's presence when assessing the Broncos' newly discovered offensive might.

"In the other scheme, it was, 'we're gonna run what we run,'" Anderson said of Kubiak's system. "This one is, 'we're gonna put our athletes in the best position to make plays.'"

"They better stop sleeping on my dawg -- Broncos country included," said Harris, whose deployment at safety confused the Cowboys early in the game. "Trevor is a great quarterback. As long as you give him time, he's gonna dot you up. Don't even get me started."

Said McCoy: "Trevor's in a good place, because whatever situation arises, we give him answers. And I expect him to keep improving."

Siemian threw an interception to cornerback Jourdan Lewis, who returned it 25 yards to set up Prescott's 28-yard scoring pass to ageless tight end Jason Witten.

After the game, as we spoke privately near his locker, Thomas took the blame.

"My f--- up," Thomas said. "It was a miscommunication, and I wasn't where Trevor expected me to be. Instead of running a post and stopping, I should have broken it off and run a 'thimble' -- it's actually very similar to what I ran in that playoff game when I caught the pass from Tebow. We sucked up the linebacker, and nobody was on the backside -- and I probably would have gone the distance this time, too. That was on me."

Seven teams reached out to gauge McCoy's interest in serving as an offensive coordinator, but he made it clear that the Broncos were far and away his first choice.

"I love the organization," he said Sunday night. "I love the city. Demaryius and Emmanuel are here. It was a no-brainer."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...display-in-win

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 1109 of 4823
« First < 10960910091059109911051106110711081109 111011111112111311191159120916092109 > Last »
Up