ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>SHOULD we make any moves before the deadline?
UChieffyBugger 11:50 AM 10-18-2019
When Pat went down and all hell broke loose, folks were thinking we'd be picking quite high in next years draft!!! :-) . But now the good news about the MRI has come through does Brett stick or twist where getting new players is concerned? I still say make moves. If we can get PP and maybe a line-baker or DT to give this defense a real chance to be decent by January then why not? I think defense and running the ball are more important than ever now.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:08 PM 10-18-2019
I'd throw a late round pick or pick swap at s good front 7 guy with an expiring contract.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:08 PM 10-18-2019
You know what the recipe for success was? Not putting Darron fucking Lee on the field. Played 2 snaps last night!! Sorenson and Niemann got a majority of his snaps
[Reply]
Buckweath 03:13 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I've been saying for awhile, but I think the next step to becoming a good defense isn't in acquiring a CB but a LB. That's great if you have an all world corner who can cover anything, but it's not so great if he makes the same mistakes as the other DBs due to unfamiliarity with the coverage or the assignments.

Up until this game, we were still getting continually ****ed by Hitchens and Lee and their shitty tackling, and Wilson and Niemann aren't exactly making up for it even though they commit fewer mistakes.

If there were magically a ****ing amazing playmaking LB available for trade, that would be the best thing for this defense. Not a CB.
Totally disagree. I think a top CB would help this defense more than a top LB.

More important position and I like what I've seen of Ward si far but otherwise I am not fully convinced that the CB position on this roster is stronger than the LBs.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:14 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
Totally disagree. I think a top CB would help this defense more than a top LB.

More important position and I like what I've seen of Ward si far but otherwise I am not fully convinced that the CB position on this roster is stronger than the LBs.
We are 10th and pass defense and 29th in run defense... DBs > LBs
[Reply]
J Diddy 04:48 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We are 10th and pass defense and 29th in run defense... DBs > LBs
Ragland got an opportunity to play finally and balled out. I’m not sure if a move is needed.
[Reply]
Kman34 04:50 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Ward has done well lately, but PP is on a whole different level and would take away half of the field my friend.
Yeah.. I still want pp..
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:55 PM 10-18-2019
It's funny, because I went on the record not too many days ago saying we needed a couple run-stuffing DTs and a solid run-stopping MLB. And then last night happened. Now I'm not so sure we need those guys.

Don't get me wrong; if Justin Ellis was 100% healthy, I'd want him on the team. If Clay Mathews were available and 100% I'd want him on the team.

And I thought our pass D was competent but not great.

But our defense just played the best game of the season. With all the guys we thought were no good.

If they play in a similar fashion against the Packers, I'm tempted to say we can ride with what we have.

What a difference a day makes . . .
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:02 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by TheSourceX1:
Mariota just got benched, take him over Moore for the next 4 weeks.
Bring me Fitz'magic instead.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 05:13 PM 10-18-2019
Yes.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:25 PM 10-18-2019

The Hitchens number is interesting, because it shows that Spagnuolo really adjusted and mixed up his LB groupings for different situations.

Niemann - 34
Wilson - 33
Hitchens - 32
Ragland - 25

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 18, 2019

[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 05:26 PM 10-18-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Trade for Hunt *ducks*
Mostly, if guys play their gaps/assignments like they should, the D SHOULD look closer to last night rather than prior games. Your above thought is more along the lines of something I was thinking...but definitely NOT Hunt.

If Andy isn't going to utilize the screen pass plays quite a bit more w/ Williams and McCoy, I'm not so sure they are the right kind of backs we need for now. I'd see if we could get Miami to take a real low pick for renting Drake. I think he'd thrive in this situation.
[Reply]
threebag 05:29 PM 10-18-2019
Don’t trade any draft capital period.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 05:30 PM 10-18-2019
Can we please stop saying trade watkins. no one is trading for that contact. Seriously. Stop.
[Reply]
Buckweath 05:36 PM 10-18-2019
People think we dont need any addition anymore because of last night's game? Lol

A good CB would be great and also a LB to a lesser extent.

It is clear now that trading for PP will require a drastic overpay.

It seems like there are too many options.

Veach was supposedly aggressive to get Minkah Fitzpateick and I'm sure he was trying for Ramsey but it looks like it might be hard to get a good CB.

The Eagles also seem to be desperate for a CB.
[Reply]
MahiMike 05:55 PM 10-18-2019
We need OL help. Save the franchise and run it more. Would help Moore too.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up