ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>Movies you haven't seen in a few decades
007 04:33 AM 08-23-2019
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 04:27 PM 10-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
But Just One of the Guys (1985) is a pretty ambitious flick, especially for 1985. This gal thinks that all the good jobs go to guys, so she dresses up like a guy and goes to high school. There have been other movies that took a similar type movies since, but they were far more Disney-fied.
Joyce Hyser is 61 years old and never married.

Some trivia:

Bruce Springsteen saw Joyce Hyser at a party in L.A. during his 1978 tour. Bruce asked Gary Busey to introduce them and she traveled with him on the rest of the tour.

I saw that movie about 5 times, usually when flipping channels and then I watch the remainder. I don't think I've ever sat down and watched from beginning to end.

Found that she has never been married, and there are tons of photos of her and Rosanna Arquette all over each other. I think her and Rosanna are bi-friends. Arquette was a strange one. A guy in Toto wrote the song Rosanna because of her but they broke up. Peter Gabriel around the time of the 'So' album bought her a $40,000 engagement ring, but they broke up. I think the guys would find out she likes girls and guys both and then split.

As far as Joyce Hyser, it looks like her acting days are over. Her last TV work was a 2011 small part of CSI and she had a small part in a 2014 movie called The Wedding Pact. There are dozens and dozens of photos like these going way back.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:53 PM 10-19-2019
I ran across one I hadn't thought of in years.

I don't know how it has aged, I'd imagine not well. In critics eyes I'm sure it would be blasted.

But Just One of the Guys (1985) is a pretty ambitious flick, especially for 1985. This gal thinks that all the good jobs go to guys, so she dresses up like a guy and goes to high school. There have been other movies that took a similar type movies since, but they were far more Disney-fied.

This movie is pretty upfront about the struggles between women and men, dudes getting bullied for femine features, and of course, romance dynamics and so on and so forth.

These days, it would be crucified by the LGBTQWOEVBNOUIBNW community and would probably never get made, frankly, but this is an interesting look into gender differences.

But the real reason I remember it...

NSFW
https://giant.gfycat.com/AcrobaticFemaleChuckwalla.webm

Those made quite an impression when I was a kid.
It's the pussy lift, for distance.
[Reply]
FanXiche 09:09 PM 10-20-2019
Originally Posted by 007:
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
Holly is really scared of beauty. i've seen it three times.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 07:07 AM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by FanXiche:
Holly is really scared of beauty. i've seen it three times.
Always was very good, Hunter and Dreyfus remind of two others from that era. Broadcast News with Holly Hunter was good, but her voice can get on your nerves. I lived in Atlanta when I saw Broadcast News in the theater and girls there don't even speak that bad. I think she puts it on. Richard Dreyfus was excellent in Stakeout with Emilo Estevez, I just saw that again recently, there was a sequel, not so good.
[Reply]
scho63 03:07 PM 10-21-2019
I ran across one I hadn't thought of in years.

I don't know how it has aged, I'd imagine not well. In critics eyes I'm sure it would be blasted.

This movie is pretty upfront about the struggles between women and men, dudes getting bullied for femine features, and of course, romance dynamics and so on and so forth.

These days, it would be crucified by the LGBTQWOEVBNOUIBNW community and would probably never get made, frankly, but this is an interesting look into gender differences.

But the real reason I remember it...

NSFW
https://giant.gfycat.com/AcrobaticFemaleChuckwalla.webm

Those made quite an impression when I was a kid.
That was a really cool movie and she had GREAT real tits. That's what stuck out to me! :-)

Plus I remember when she kissed the leading man and he went all anti-gay.
[Reply]
scho63 03:09 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Joyce Hyser is 61 years old and never married.

Found that she has never been married, and there are tons of photos of her and Rosanna Arquette all over each other. I think her and Rosanna are bi-friends. Arquette was a strange one.
Rosanna and her whole family are bunch of complete screwballs. :-)

They probably are both certified muff divers.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:00 PM 10-21-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
That was a really cool movie and she had GREAT real tits. That's what stuck out to me! :-)

Plus I remember when she kissed the leading man and he went all anti-gay.
Her tits are in the link fwiw
[Reply]
scho63 08:19 PM 10-21-2019
Her tits are in the link fwiw
I remember it well. I think I gave it 4 out of 5 boners. :-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:28 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'm still waiting after 50 years of watching movies to find a remake that is equal to or greater than the original.

It's the laziest form of film making and Hollywood has gotten real lazy these last 10-15 years.

I think they did a good job with this one. One of my favorite movies

[Reply]
Cheater5 05:52 AM 10-22-2019

Breaking Away from 1979. Loved this movie.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:01 AM 10-22-2019

I also remember watching My Bodyguard at least a dozen times as a kid...young Matt Dillon as the punk-bully.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:07 AM 10-22-2019

Christopher Walken in The Dogs of War. Another awesome early 80's movie that also had a fairly unknown Tom Berenger.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:16 AM 10-22-2019

Streets of Fire (1984)-- mainly because of Diane Lane whom I have been in love with forever...but the movie itself is incredibly dumb.
[Reply]
oldman 12:15 PM 10-22-2019
One of my favorites is Howard Hughes's 1930 classic Hell's Angles. The female lead was played by (Kansas City's own) an 18 year old Jean Harlow. While the dialogue is pretty schmaltzy, the dog-fighting aerial scenes are almost beyond belief. In fact there were many crashes and deaths. It even has a zeppelin in the movie!!
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 12:22 AM 10-23-2019
Terrance Malicks's 1973 classic Badlands

[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up