ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Movies you haven't seen in a few decades
007 04:33 AM 08-23-2019
Came across Always (1989) with Richard Dreyfus and Holly Hunter last night. Forgot how much I loved that movie. Was also reminded just how gorgeous Holly was in that movie.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:12 PM 08-27-2019
Another interesting film from that general time period is Altered States, starring William Hurt as a scientist who takes genetic research just a bit too far. Very trippy. Also has great visuals. I haven't seen it for a long time, but I think it would still hold up well.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:21 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Sure. It's a great movie. Obviously the special effects may seem dated to you at this point, but at the time they were ground breaking. IIRC, Rick Baker won an Oscar for the make-up effects. It's also funny as hell when it's not being scary as hell, is very well written, and has a great cast. I'll never understood why David Naughton didn't become a big star. I think you'd really enjoy it.
I think you missed what I was getting at. :-)

I have no problem with old movies and their [by today’s standard] lackluster special effects. With all my current down time I have been putting a little extra time into shows and movies I haven’t seen before. Some of them haven’t even been on my list because I didn’t even know about them. I had a couple of late nights I dedicated to watching some old film noirs that I wasn’t familiar with, and still more of them sitting there waiting on me. So I don’t mind dated so long as it either well acted with a good story/plot or, fun.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:29 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I think you missed what I was getting at. :-)

I have no problem with old movies and their [by today’s standard] lackluster special effects. With all my current down time I have been putting a little extra time into shows and movies I haven’t seen before. Some of them haven’t even been on my list because I didn’t even know about them. I had a couple of late nights I dedicated to watching some old film noirs that I wasn’t familiar with, and still more of them sitting there waiting on me. So I don’t mind dated so long as it either well acted with a good story/plot or, fun.
Yes, bump it to the top of your list!
[Reply]
Frazod 06:36 PM 08-27-2019
First attack scene.

[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:42 PM 08-27-2019
Yes, bump it to the top of your list!
:-) I’ll check Prime and Netflix for it.
[Reply]
cripple creek 07:00 PM 08-27-2019
1970's Kelly's heroes
[Reply]
Frazod 07:24 PM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by cripple creek:
1970's Kelly's heroes
Another one of my favorites. One of the best casts ever assembled.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 08-27-2019
Another interesting film from that general time period is Altered States, starring William Hurt as a scientist who takes genetic research just a bit too far. Very trippy. Also has great visuals. I haven't seen it for a long time, but I think it would still hold up well.
Haven’t seen that since the 80s.

Just watched clips on YouTube after season 1 of Stranger Things ripped it off.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:35 PM 08-27-2019
I watched Youngblood the other day... It seemed better in the 80's, but still entertaining...
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 12:56 AM 08-28-2019
The Sword and the Dragon a fantastic fantasy flick from Russia. A must see.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:56 AM 08-28-2019
Monster Squad

Body Snatchers (1993)

RoboJox

Superman 3 and 4 (Christopher Reeve)

Cool Hand Luke

Jaws 3 and 4

The Navigator

Goonies
[Reply]
Kclee 05:29 AM 08-28-2019
Yellow Beard

Midnight Madness

Cannonball Run

Krull

Poltergeist
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:50 AM 08-28-2019
Clockwork Orange

Freddie got fingered
[Reply]
DeepPurple 06:57 AM 08-28-2019
I find it strange was American Werewolf actor David Naughton between that movie and he was doing those Dr. Pepper commercials at the time, I would of thought he'd be a big star. Don't remember ever seeing him ever again. I looked at his film credits and he's been busy, just not stuff I watch I guess.

[Reply]
scho63 09:32 AM 08-28-2019
The Outsiders (1983) Directed by Francis Ford Coppola and starring:

C. Thomas Howell as Ponyboy Curtis
Matt Dillon as Dallas "Dally" Winston
Ralph Macchio as Johnny Cade
Patrick Swayze as Darrel "Darry" Curtis
Rob Lowe as Sodapop Curtis
Emilio Estevez as Keith "Two-Bit" Matthews
Tom Cruise as Steve Randle
Glenn Withrow as Tim Shepard
Diane Lane as Sherri "Cherry" Valance
Leif Garrett as Robert "Bob" Sheldon
Darren Dalton as Randy Anderson
Michelle Meyrink as Marcia
Tom Waits as Buck Merrill
Flea and Nicolas Cage have uncredited cameos as background Socs. Heather Langenkamp was cast to play Evie, Steve's girlfriend, but her scenes were cut from the final film. Television writer and showrunner Trey Callaway also has an uncredited speaking role as "Soc in Concession Stand."
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up