ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 103
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
ROYC75 02:39 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Warrick:
@ROYC75: Hill was able to learn Reid's complex offense, it shouldn't be a problem for Hardman. He's gotta a little Randle El and Hines Ward in him as far as quarterbacking goes...
Hill didn't learn all of Reids offense in ear 1, ran a lot of punts back for TD's. We were all salivating on Hill becoming a Top WR. Just when Hill does get it all down, we get his past issues to bite us in the ass.

Now, I can get into the RandEl / Hines Ward thingy if he doesn't throw it into the other teams hands.

Plus to be fair and honest here gang, Reid's offense changes some what each year, it has to, it's the NFL.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:51 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Well if you believe what the Chiefs have said, there was no situation in why we selected him other than they had this guy on their radar for a long time and they went out and got him.

Veach also said that he received numerous calls about trading down from 61 and after they traded up to get Mecole he reached out to those same teams about trading down from their next selection which was just a few spot downs from 61 and they werent interested. He believed that was because other teams were targeting him too and given that a fuckload of receivers went off the board after that pick its probably a good interpretation of what was going on.
I'm slightly hopeful that he's cleared even with the bullshit, because Tyreek hasn't been released
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:54 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by :

Do you want to wait a year again when we are in " WIN NOW " mode ?

Any way you want to spin this, Campbell was the more polished WR of the 2 when it comes to running the plays we ran with Hill, FOR THIS YEAR!

Raw talent? Really? Every WR, for that matter, any player from the college ranks coming to the Pro's is Raw by way of determining their ability.

Come gang, let's be sensible here.

I have thought this all night long. Campbell received punts, he may of, I don't recall him on kick offs. Some of you Buckeye fans chime in here to help me on this one. Plus Meyer had Campbell and McLaurin as WR's, so each one got routes to run and a few deep balls.

Campbell probably broke more tackles when he was hit running the same speed and being almost 20lbs heavier.

I hope Hardman holds up when he is getting drilled across the middle or on kickoffs.

Bottom line, I wish the best for him because I want to win ..... NOW! I'm 61, will be 62 this fall and I just feel differently about taking on a project when we are in "win now mode" !

As recently as two days ago I was all-in on Campbell until I hung out with some Michigan and Ohio State fans before the draft.

I was disturbed to hear their opinions on Parris Campbell. I thought "super fast speedy former running back bam another Tyreek". And they were like "absolutely not. He cannot track the ball. He can't catch downfield. He improved but he was a drop machine. His longest passes are bubble screens that he'd catch and then run far."

I do not like that. Tyreek was amazing tracking the ball. It's totally different if you have to rely on screens to get moving. If we had Alex, sure. But with Mahomes you have to get down field and catch 40 yard passes regularly.

Everything I've read since on Hardman is that he's a natural pass catcher and an extremely "with purpose" change of direction route runner. He's just as fast as Parris and he looks the look.

Also I trust our scouts more than draft website part time dudes.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:26 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Beethoven:
Ugh. We traded up for a punt returner?

DK Metcalf and Parris Campbell were both there.

Veach the Reach.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:32 PM 04-27-2019

Apparently, @PatrickMahomes texted #Chiefs GM Brett Veach after the @MecoleHardman4 selection. https://t.co/i01iLNjkzw

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 05:03 PM 04-27-2019
Just another thought: Hardman apparently played multiple positions, including QB and CB. This infers that he's pretty football smart and adaptable. Should make him a quicker study than some prospects. He might surprise a lot of people by mid-season.
[Reply]
gonefishin53 06:10 PM 04-27-2019
I expect Mahomes, being the leader that he is, will arrange practice sessions with Hardman to accelerate his learning curve.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:24 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Stop the comparisons with Hill.

Let him be his own player.
He will be. But you have to give people time to get over this potential loss and move on.

Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
He's Dexter McFuckstick 2.o

Let him go sign with Arizona or Tennessee.
Fuck, now that you mention it, why not send DAT along with some picks down to Az. for PP? DAT ain't doing shit here.

Originally Posted by Frazod:
Expect an angry thumbs down from TwistedChief. And a bill for a new box of tissues.
:-) That guy thinks that because he's standing 50 yards away from the people who actually MATTER both within and without the organization, that he's somehow "in the group" and must protect clowns like Pryor at all costs.
He's a passive-aggressive, neck-bearded cunt, and one of the very few people on this site that I legitimately detest.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I'll trust Reid and his evaluation of offensive talent.
You have to think he's earned it at this point, especially outside the QB position. His choices for play makers, for guys who can get the ball in their hands and produce, have been as good or better than anyone else in the league.
One thing that I haven't seen anyone here take in to account is that for all of the grousing about 40 times and who may have been a "better pick to win now", what about all of the other elements that it takes to be successful in Reid's offense and in the NFL in general?
It's obvious that several teams wanted this kid and were burning up the Chiefs phone at the opportunity to grab him, so it's not like he's a "maybe" in the talent dept. Maybe the other receivers available didn't have the particular game we were looking for. Maybe some of them didn't possess the mental acuity necessary to master the Chinese Phone Book. Who knows? The point is, there's more to this than what we see on YT videos and combine workouts. I'm starting to see that it's almost more important to find right kind of player for the team as it is to find the most gifted. Obviously, you want those two attributes to collide, but that's not always going to be the case. And after what we've endured the last two seasons, I'll take some productive stability over an extended fireworks display.

We have the best QB in the league and a coach who knows how to use him. Don't ever forget that. And even though our mindset and strategy is to go all out and "win now", you need to keep in mind that the offense is still in a state of refinement and the defense is in first year changeover and will take time to develop. Temper expectations accordingly.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:37 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Fuck, now that you mention it, why not send DAT along with some picks down to Az. for PP? DAT ain't doing shit here.
Thanks for the hot take. Now explain how a team trades a free agent.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:38 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:39 PM 04-27-2019
He wouldn't know.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:59 PM 04-27-2019
I wasn't aware of his status. I just know he pretty much sucks and has become useless.

Like you!
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:06 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
As recently as two days ago I was all-in on Campbell until I hung out with some Michigan and Ohio State fans before the draft.

I was disturbed to hear their opinions on Parris Campbell. I thought "super fast speedy former running back bam another Tyreek". And they were like "absolutely not. He cannot track the ball. He can't catch downfield. He improved but he was a drop machine. His longest passes are bubble screens that he'd catch and then run far."

I do not like that. Tyreek was amazing tracking the ball. It's totally different if you have to rely on screens to get moving. If we had Alex, sure. But with Mahomes you have to get down field and catch 40 yard passes regularly.

Everything I've read since on Hardman is that he's a natural pass catcher and an extremely "with purpose" change of direction route runner. He's just as fast as Parris and he looks the look.

Also I trust our scouts more than draft website part time dudes.
Yeah, people need to watch Paris Campbell games, not highlights. Dude is fast as hell. But he's not a good pass catcher. Almost to the point of being klutzy.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:08 PM 04-27-2019
Hardman went to the right place. Andy will draw up great plays and Pat will make him look really good.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:08 PM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
Hill didn't learn all of Reids offense in ear 1, ran a lot of punts back for TD's. We were all salivating on Hill becoming a Top WR. Just when Hill does get it all down, we get his past issues to bite us in the ass.

Now, I can get into the RandEl / Hines Ward thingy if he doesn't throw it into the other teams hands.

Plus to be fair and honest here gang, Reid's offense changes some what each year, it has to, it's the NFL.
agreed time to change it up Andy
[Reply]
Page 18 of 103
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up