ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 103
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:13 AM 04-27-2019
This guy at The Draft Network wrote a great article about Hardman and why he liked him more than any receiver in the class. The writer is apparently a collegiate wide receivers coach somewhere, actually.

Good read with GIFs too: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...no-matter-what
[Reply]
Warrick 01:55 AM 04-27-2019
2016 QB/ATH Mecole Hardman 2015 season highlight REMIX

https://youtu.be/3Kbhhstt0sw

Unbelievable what this kid can do in H.S... He kinda looks like Barry Sanders kid out there... A one man wrecking crew!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:59 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This guy at The Draft Network wrote a great article about Hardman and why he liked him more than any receiver in the class. The writer is apparently a collegiate wide receivers coach somewhere, actually.

Good read with GIFs too: https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...no-matter-what
On the surface, it's looks like a great match for us. YAC is so crucial to what we do and it looks like he excels in that dept. Reid should be able to bring this guy up with minimal learning curve.
[Reply]
el borracho 03:06 AM 04-27-2019
Shame that we will never see him on the field with Hill. That would have been fun.
[Reply]
Chargem 04:22 AM 04-27-2019
My instant reaction to this trade up and pick was "Why trade up for this guy when there are so many consensus better wide receivers still on the board?" and then I thought "oh god did we need a Tyreek "type" receiver to slot into a role in the play book just to avoid having to re-write half of the book and so had to take this guy rather than someone better?"

But, as I had more time to think about this, I actually really like it. First of all, I feel like Andy has proved to us all he knows how to use guys on offense and also build an offense around what he has, so if he wants this guy I don't mind a bit of reach for Reid to get his guy. This is very different to how I felt about perceived reaches on the defensive side of the ball last year.

And, I still think that maybe Campbell will be a more talent receiver career wise, but I really like what I saw from Hardman's highlights and if somehow he is on the field at the same time as Tyreek, then maybe we just created a monster. If not then Reid still got his guy to build the lateral sweep and screen game around as well as a genuine deep threat for Mahomes.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:26 AM 04-27-2019
It's kinda scary how similar Hardman and Hill's draft profiles are...both strengths and weaknesses (excluding character).
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 06:14 AM 04-27-2019
I thought the Raiders beat writers were poor. This Pryor lady sounds awful.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:22 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I believe you’re going to be pleasantly surprised.

I just see a different fluidity to Hardman’s game that is rare. He’s a little raw no question, but with Mahomes and Reid, his talent will be maximized so long as he does his part with hard work.
He has to know this is his best chance to get that $100 million contract at some point. You have the coach/QB/scheme to throw it deep to a speedy receiver. He got lucky to land here. He'd better go for that brass ring. Anything less than 100% would be unacceptable.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 06:34 AM 04-27-2019
If Tyreek somehow comes out of this and we have this guy....

How do you defend him, Tyreek and Watkins?

All three guys are low 4.3 guys with good hands....
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:40 AM 04-27-2019
I'm happy with our draft . Don't expect much the rest of the way but I bet Veach picks up some OL now which should produce
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:08 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
AND Parris Campbell was going to be gone anyway.

I kind of liked Campbell a touch more, but both were called 2nd round picks.

It's not a reach. If that's what Big Red wanted, and let's face it, THAT is the case, then it's all good.
If it makes you feel better, having watched parris Campbell a bit, he's never felt like a natural receiver. Dude is incredibly fast but just a year before he dropped everything thrown his way. I think he'll end up being a role gadget player than a true playmaker. I wouldn't mind both because we still haven't really replaced Albert wilson. But the limited I know of Hardman this pick seems better.
[Reply]
notorious 07:09 AM 04-27-2019
Stop the comparisons with Hill.

Let him be his own player.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:14 AM 04-27-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
If Tyreek somehow comes out of this and we have this guy....

How do you defend him, Tyreek and Watkins?

All three guys are low 4.3 guys with good hands....
Our krypyonite last year was when teams got to mahomes quickly. Even worse when they get pressure but they bracketed tyreek. Mahomes needs more options for quick throws. And much as I hate to say it, in many cases he needs to take those. We have to balance a deep attack with some short stuff. These elite qbs always seem to have an ultra reliable guy who just knows how to get open and catches every damn thing their way. I'm thinking guys like Ricky proehl, Randall Cobb, etc.... We saw Albert wilson thrive in that slot role even though he's not that great.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:15 AM 04-27-2019
I was surprised it was Hardman, but the more we read the more I like it.

The suddenness and agility combined with the speed make him seem like a great fit for this offense. It’s great insurance on Hill regardless what KC does with that situation.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:21 AM 04-27-2019
Listening to Veach's press conference... he said Toub was smiling wide when they drafted Hardman and mentioned that Toub thought he was the best returner "since Devin Hester that he had seen in a long time."

I had to do a double take here and rewind it. He said the exact same thing about Hill the day the Chiefs drafted him.

I feel like we've entered some realm of the twilight zone.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 103
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up