ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Would you consider Josh Jacobs at 29?
staylor26 07:56 PM 02-05-2019
Just got done watching his tape, and I’d have to say I’d be tempted. Normally I’m against a RB in the 1st, but this guy truly has elite upside. He runs very hard, he’s quick with good speed, he can catch the ball out of the backfield and is damgerous in space, and he can block/pass protect very well. He has some ridiculous blocks in his highlight video.

Would you trade our 1st for a guy like Kamara on a 4 year rookie contract with the 5th year option? That’s incredible value that we’re honestly unlikely to get at corner or safety all the way down at 29 for instance.

I still probably wouldn’t do it, but I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t consider it.
[Reply]
O.city 08:03 PM 02-05-2019
No

Never
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:03 PM 02-05-2019
With how many needs the Chiefs have right now, I would not.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:07 PM 02-05-2019
Lol I knew this wouldn’t be a popular idea on CP.

Again, small chance I pull the trigger, but if we sign a couple defensive starters in free agency and a #2 TE, I’d be tempted.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:14 PM 02-05-2019
Yes absolutely. Nerds can figure stats and what not, but the foundation to playoff football is stopping the run and running the ball.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 PM 02-05-2019
No.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:08 AM 02-06-2019
Not just no but HELL NO

We have far too many needs superseding tailback to address...

I wouldn't be mad if the first rounder was on offense, but that position is at the very least solid
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes absolutely. Nerds can figure stats and what not, but the foundation to playoff football is stopping the run and running the ball.
Nah.

The pats ran for all those yards against kc and stopped the run and should have lost.

You can find rbs everywhere.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 AM 02-06-2019
No.
[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 02-06-2019
Even if he turns into an elite RB, do you get the value you would from a really good say, corner or safety or DL?

I just don't think there is a lot of difference between an elite RB and a really good RB. So much depends on the OL, the scheme etc. that I think you can pretty much take a guy every so many years in the 3 or 4 round, run him down and pick up another one.

The shelf life is so short, even taking them in the first and getting 5 years, you may or may not get 5 years out of him physically.

Look at it this way, the Giants took Barkley at what, 2? He was the rookie of the year, looked awesome. I still think it was probably the wrong choice as long as they have Eli.
[Reply]
El Jefe 10:45 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Even if he turns into an elite RB, do you get the value you would from a really good say, corner or safety or DL?

I just don't think there is a lot of difference between an elite RB and a really good RB. So much depends on the OL, the scheme etc. that I think you can pretty much take a guy every so many years in the 3 or 4 round, run him down and pick up another one.

The shelf life is so short, even taking them in the first and getting 5 years, you may or may not get 5 years out of him physically.

Look at it this way, the Giants took Barkley at what, 2? He was the rookie of the year, looked awesome. I still think it was probably the wrong choice as long as they have Eli.
Agree completely, look at Zeke, best RB in football, but he cant win the game himself.
[Reply]
O.city 10:51 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by El Jefe:
Agree completely, look at Zeke, best RB in football, but he cant win the game himself.
I've had this conversation before, but I guess we can again LOL>

Zeke is for sure a badass dude. Great RB. Elite, top of the line RB.

I still think the Cowboys would have been better served taking Ramsey there and a RB later.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 AM 02-06-2019
Nah.

The pats ran for all those yards against kc and stopped the run and should have lost.

You can find rbs everywhere.
I’d prefer TJ Yeldon, but I’m just saying I wouldn’t rule it out. If the board is bare at 29 I would rather take Jacobs than a lesser player to simply reach for defense.
[Reply]
O.city 11:15 AM 02-06-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’d prefer TJ Yeldon, but I’m just saying I wouldn’t rule it out. If the board is bare at 29 I would rather take Jacobs than a lesser player to simply reach for defense.
If the board is that bare, they've set it wrong.

Year after year we see RB's come from late in the draft. Why would we take one that early.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:18 AM 02-06-2019
If the board is that bare, they've set it wrong.

Year after year we see RB's come from late in the draft. Why would we take one that early.
This.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up