ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Devin Bush ILB
O.city 11:07 AM 01-24-2019
Saw some chatter on twitter that the Chiefs might be interested. Talk to me about him?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:19 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure - but I think this draft is only about 20 players deep in 'pure first round talents'. Maybe 25.

Now there's gonna be some QB reaches and someone snapping up a WR or OT that is probably higher than I'd go, but by the time you get to 29, your pickin's on 'pure first round talents' are gonna be awfully slim, especially at premium positions.

There's an excellent chance that you're looking at 1 of 2 things by then - a couple if 1st round talents at positions of secondary importance (I'm looking at you, Josh Jacobs) or a big ol' mash of borderline 1st/2nd round players at positions of higher importance and more significant relative need.

So that's how you end up with Devin Bush. You're looking at a half dozen guys of all roughly similar 'prospect value' with no clear standout option of the bunch so you go with need over taking perhaps a higher end player at RB or OG.

There's a world where Bush is our pick and I'm not upset about the pick, but that world requires 3 hours of dick punches as my preferred options get picked clean right ahead of us.
oh I think it's deeper than that. I think there might be 10 players that would've gone before Fisher if this was the '13 draft. And some of the QB's that are gonna go in the 1st add to the depth although I don't think any of them are as good of prospects as the first rounders in '17 or -18.

I think it's real deep in CB's, S's, and DL. It's just the differences between the quality level of players is pretty slight until you get into maybe the late 2nd. For instance, I don't think Greedy Williams is THAT much better a prospect than Oriwariye or Baker, for example.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:39 PM 03-03-2019
If that 4.43 holds up, he has to be in the conversation at 29
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:42 PM 03-03-2019
He's not making it to 29, so nothing to discuss IMO
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:42 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If that 4.43 holds up, he has to be in the conversation at 29
Did anyone doubt that he was fast?

I'll concede, that 10th or so is no joke; I didn't realize he was THAT fast, but he was obviously fast even from his tape.

The problem is still instincts for me. Is the guy just going to flash right off your screen as he over-pursues again? Is he going to run really fast right out of his coverage responsibilities.

I don't want to fall into the habit I oft fall into of overstating the warts on a guy because he's not my preferred option. Like I said - there's a world where he's the pick at 29 and I'm not upset about it.

But I do think there are some red flags here that his 40 time doesn't address.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:46 PM 03-03-2019
He has Colts written allover him
[Reply]
O.city 09:45 AM 03-17-2019
https://twitter.com/willblackmon/sta...147055616?s=21
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:00 PM 03-17-2019
I’d be ok with him at 29. Not sure what it does with the LB group but who the fuck cares anymore. Just get talent in here.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:30 PM 03-17-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’d be ok with him at 29. Not sure what it does with the LB group but who the fuck cares anymore. Just get talent in here.
This is where I'm at, take the player that's number one on your board
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 08:44 PM 03-17-2019
I think I'm a bit more bullish than most on Devin Bush.

I see him as a guy that can really take our defense up a notch.

with him, DoD, and Hitchens you suddenly have 3 linebackers that can cover a lot of space...and I think he'd do a lot of damage at the LoS getting to play behind our new D-line. I think he has the potential to be among the best in the league at TFL once he's fully integrated into a system.

I'd trade up into the late teens to get him if he's still hanging around on the board.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:21 AM 03-18-2019
I place ILB a long ways behind RDE and CB1 at this point. I really question Veach's decision to axe Houston AND Ford in the same offseason and I think it's going to blow up in his face if he doesn't get an edge player. There isn't an outside CB on the FA market really worth a shit. There's a couple of okay slots like Dennard and Callahan.

That said, Bush is a solid player. He actually seems like the guy Pittsburgh would target to replace Shazier in the middle so I think you'd have to leap them for him and if I'm going up I'm going up for one of a CB or DE and not an ILB. I think you'd still get a good player in Mack Wilson or Germaine Pratt in round 2.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 03-18-2019
Yeah, I don't think ILB would be on the table unless they think one of the top 2 guys are Kuechly type players there for them.

There's just too many holes on the defense that don't even have a starter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:29 AM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I place ILB a long ways behind RDE and CB1 at this point. I really question Veach's decision to axe Houston AND Ford in the same offseason and I think it's going to blow up in his face if he doesn't get an edge player. There isn't an outside CB on the FA market really worth a shit. There's a couple of okay slots like Dennard and Callahan.

That said, Bush is a solid player. He actually seems like the guy Pittsburgh would target to replace Shazier in the middle so I think you'd have to leap them for him and if I'm going up I'm going up for one of a CB or DE and not an ILB. I think you'd still get a good player in Mack Wilson or Germaine Pratt in round 2.
Callahan's off the board - Denver.

I'd say CB is just as important as DL at this point but the CB options are FAR worse in this draft.

It's just hard to know what's gonna happen, though. I guess Sweat could fall w/ the heart condition and at 29 maybe he's worth the gamble. Just all seems like it's gonna have to come together on the fly because there aren't any clear answers left.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 03-18-2019
Callahan's off the board - Denver.

I'd say CB is just as important as DL at this point but the CB options are FAR worse in this draft.

It's just hard to know what's gonna happen, though. I guess Sweat could fall w/ the heart condition and at 29 maybe he's worth the gamble. Just all seems like it's gonna have to come together on the fly because there aren't any clear answers left.
This is kind of where i'm wondering what the initial plan was?

I mean we see now that they wanted Earl at 12 mil so that makes sense to clear that for this season I suppose.

But what the hell is the plan at Corner and DE?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is kind of where i'm wondering what the initial plan was?

I mean we see now that they wanted Earl at 12 mil so that makes sense to clear that for this season I suppose.

But what the hell is the plan at Corner and DE?
Looks like the plan at CB is to replace Nelson with a similarly average option and then target DL in the draft.

I mean the CB situation isn't any worse than it was and I was never convinced CB was the problem, not once Scandrick got off the field. The issue was safety and off-ball LB.

Well safety has been partially addressed and I guess they intend to deal with off-ball LB via the new system and different responsibilities.
[Reply]
O.city 11:04 AM 03-18-2019
Looks like the plan at CB is to replace Nelson with a similarly average option and then target DL in the draft.

I mean the CB situation isn't any worse than it was and I was never convinced CB was the problem, not once Scandrick got off the field. The issue was safety and off-ball LB.

Well safety has been partially addressed and I guess they intend to deal with off-ball LB via the new system and different responsibilities.
Maybe. Seems that way atleast.

I think they've got something in the works via tag and pay but I can't be sure.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up