ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Welp. Looks like we need a RB.
KC Hawks 08:08 PM 11-30-2018
So who looks good in this upcoming draft?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:07 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
David Montgomery from isu declared today.

Yes please.

I don’t know much about him, but this thread seems high on him.

How are his receiving skills and speed?
[Reply]
Toad 03:22 PM 01-07-2019

Yes please.
Yep. 1200 yards and 13 TDS.
According to Pro Football Focus, Montgomery led the FBS in broken tackles in back-to-back season.

Is he on the board for our round 2?
[Reply]
Iowanian 04:02 PM 01-07-2019

He had 71 Receptions, averaged 8.2ypc. 1216 yards rushing this year averaging 4.7 and 13TDs.

I doubt he's a first round guy....but he runs really hard. I'm not a cyclone fan but I feel like Montgomery like I did David Johnson when he was at UNI.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-conner-floor/
CBS draft projection has his floor at James Connor....his Ceiling at Saquan Barkley.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:49 PM 01-07-2019
Montgomery has good balance and leg drive. I get the Hunt comparisons. Still like Vaughn and Jacobs better, but it all comes down to position for me. No earlier than the 2nd and preferably 3rd or 4th round is best, IMO.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:48 PM 01-07-2019

He had 71 Receptions, averaged 8.2ypc. 1216 yards rushing this year averaging 4.7 and 13TDs.

I doubt he's a first round guy....but he runs really hard. I'm not a cyclone fan but I feel like Montgomery like I did David Johnson when he was at UNI.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-conner-floor/
CBS draft projection has his floor at James Connor....his Ceiling at Saquan Barkley.
Would be poetic

Matt Campbell coached Hunt at Toledo before heading to Iowa State.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:52 PM 01-07-2019

Yes please.
X2. This coming from a hawk fan.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:44 PM 01-07-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I like Montgomery and Snell a lot.
This, and I'm a Hawk fan. Both looked really good in their bowl games.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:26 PM 01-07-2019
Vaughn highlights:

https://youtu.be/ms2P-ZbZtOc

I love the breakaway speed, quickness and vision. He catches the ball well, too.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:41 AM 01-08-2019
You know who'd be good in this offense...Travis Etienne, to bad he's a sophomore.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:45 PM 01-08-2019
Matt Miller from Bleacher Report has David Montgomery as his #1 rated RB. Interesting enough WalterFootball.com has Montgomery listed as the #20 RB. Still a little early to put much stock into these rankings but I am also intrigued to see where Montgomery lands in mock drafts closer to draft day.

If I had to guess today Chiefs probably take a stab at a RB in a similar round as they did with Hunt, 3rd-5th round depending on how much they love the player.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 01-08-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know who'd be good in this offense...Travis Etienne, to bad he's a sophomore.
Just write "Justyn Ross, WR - Clemson" on the card and see what happens.

I mean, probably nothing good, but maybe the league will just miss it. Sure, we'll have to wait a couple of years to get him but that worked out okay for the Celtics when they took Larry Bird...
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:25 PM 01-12-2019
James Williams from Wazzu would be an interesting UDFA pickup. Excellent hands and routes. Good blocker. Not the fastest or most elusive though.
[Reply]
ArrowheadMagic 11:32 PM 01-13-2019
Darrell Henderson from Memphis, tough runner and good hands. On film looks a lot like Hunt.
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 01-14-2019
Damien has been awesome, I think Ware is really underrated and I like Darrell Williams.

I think they need to look at someone that is a RB but can play a lot of WR as well.
[Reply]
kccrow 04:42 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Damien has been awesome, I think Ware is really underrated and I like Darrell Williams.

I think they need to look at someone that is a RB but can play a lot of WR as well.
Ware being a free agent and Darrell not really showing legit production is a significant concern in my mind. The Chiefs need to get a RB in here. That could be a free agent, a late round pick, a UDFA, whatever, but they can't sit idle.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up