ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 104
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:22 AM 10-02-2018
Well since I'm banned from the other thread (c'mon mods, do I really seem like a troll?), I'll just say here that Reid is a boss. I'm so happy he's our HC. Yeah he's not perfect by a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG shot, but the list of coaches I'd trade him for is incredibly short.
[Reply]
redfan 08:18 AM 10-02-2018
Andy Reid is NOT a terrible football coach, he's actually really good.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:40 AM 10-02-2018
He’s the perfect coach for Patrick. You can tell he loves teaching him. He owns this division!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:44 PM 10-14-2018
legend

The Patriots have allowed 40+ points just three times in the regular season since 2013:

Week 6 in 2018 vs. Kansas City
Week 1 in 2017 vs. Kansas City
Week 4 in 2014 at Kansas City

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
notorious 10:45 PM 10-14-2018
If only he would have went for it on 4th down at least once.

I know he's the reason for the scoring, but you have got to realize that the defense isn't going to stop the,.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 11-05-2018
Should easily pass Noll early next year.

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 08:32 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Should easily pass Noll early next year.

Could pass him this year
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:33 PM 11-05-2018
Meh. Win a Super Bowl in KC. Otherwise.... crush a buffet.

It’s all about post season success. aFC championships and Super Bowls are ALL that matter.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 08:37 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Meh. Win a Super Bowl in KC. Otherwise.... crush a buffet.

It’s all about post season success. aFC championships and Super Bowls are ALL that matter.
And you don't win SBs without QBs or a bunch of luck. He's never had either, but now he does, so the real judging starts now. Judging him negatively based on his other years here is beyond stupid. Not one coach in NFL history wins a SB w/ Alex Smiff. Period.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:44 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
And you don't win SBs without QBs or a bunch of luck. He's never had either, but now he does, so the real judging starts now. Judging him negatively based on his other years here is beyond stupid. Not one coach in NFL history wins a SB w/ Alex Smiff. Period.
He brought Alex to KC. That’s his fault.
[Reply]
wasi 10:14 PM 11-05-2018
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
He brought Alex to KC. That’s his fault.
Coaches coach. Players play.

Never has that cliche been more true
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:11 PM 11-13-2018
Holy shit. Jon Gruden is the same moron he was in the 90s. Nothing has changed.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/11/12/fu...as-city-chiefs

Originally Posted by :
As a young assistant in Green Bay, Reid would often bring new ideas to his fellow coaches. Alas, they were loyal to the gospel of the West Coast offense, a rhythm-based passing system in which a QB takes snaps under center and works through progressions.

Reid once persuaded Holmgren to let Brett Favre try the shotgun, but that experiment ended after one snap went flying over Favre’s head in a Saturday walk-through.

When Reid pushed a new idea, “Holmgren’s pat answer, and [then Packers assistant] Jon Gruden’s pat answer,” reports Childress, “was, ‘Yeah, that looks like a good play—but you know what? I don’t know that play. When you get your own offense, you go ahead and feel free to put that in.’ 

But, Childress says, “that’s not Andy.”

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:16 PM 11-13-2018
There's going to be excellent article tomorrow from Sam Farmer of the L.A Times.

He spent this past weekend with Andy Reid, Pat Mahomes and Pat's family. Sam Farmer was on the radio this morning sharing some things that Andy shared with him.

Apparently Andy Reid "beat up" his older brother's High School Varsity Qb when Andy was like 10 years old :-) :-) :-)

Also, Andy Reid's dad was a Hollywood set designer. Never knew that.

And John Wayne once denied little fat Andy some Meatballs.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:18 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Apparently Andy Reid "beat up" his older brother's High School Varsity Qb when Andy was like 10 years old :-) :-) :-)
Dude has always been alpha :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:22 PM 11-13-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dude has always been alpha :-)
As Sam Farmer told the story, Andy was the water boy for his older brother's high school football team.

The team would make fun of Andy because he was so big. They'd taunt him and ask him why he wasn't playing ball on the team (Some of them not realizing he was still in middle school).

One day they're out on the field and his older brother hears shouting off in the distance from the varsity Qb, "GET YOUR BROTHER OFF ME!".

:-)

Li'l Andy got tired of the taunting and let the QB have it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 104
< 12 34561252102 > Last »
Up