ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Nzoner's Game Room>Damien Williams: is it time for a change?
dlphg9 09:54 PM 10-18-2019
I know the title is my own question, but I'm going to answer my own question. This guy has very clearly shown that last year was an absolute fluke. He can't do anything worth a shit and if Veach wouldn't have given him a stupid ass extension, then he'd be off this team. In what universe do you keep giving the ball to a guy that has 41 rushes for 70 yards and 1.7 ypc. This last game was absolute dog shit 11 total touches for 6 ****ing yards. Are you kidding me? He shouldn't touch the ball again.

Bad is an understatement. He's horrendous. Literally the absolute worst back in the league. There are 43 qualified players and he ranks 43rd in ypc. He's at 1.7 ypc and no one else is under 3.0 ypc. The distance between him and the 42nd rank player, Le'Veon Bell, is 1.3 ypc. The distance between Le'Veon Bell and the 20th ranked player, Chris Carson, is 1.3 ypc.

This is definitely something that needs brought up more. That's gotta be some kind of record for worst ever. We are seeing history boys. The absolute worst RB performance in the history of the game or close. I took off the hide non qualifiers filter and it looks even worse. He's 192 out of 227. There are only 5 other players with 10+ carries that average less ypc, it's pretty much a Who's Who of most electric runners in the league.

#194 Kalen Ballage - 22 car/36 yards/1.6 ypc/13 carries since being demoted from being a starter 3 games ago

#198 Joe Flacco - 11 car/11 yards/1.0 ypc/He's a statue of a QB. **** id hope Williams would have more ypc than this bum. Spoiler alert - all the rest of this list is the same. Statue QBs.

#208 Jared Goff
#210 Jimmy G.
#213 Tom Brady

Did some more research and going all the way back to 1999, so 20 other years, and the lowest ypc for qualified runners is 2.5 ypc in 1999. The average of all the lowest ypc is 2.9. I can't believe how bad that he has been. There is no way anyone can even try to defend him. He's the king of shit fest running backs and for Reid to continue to allow him to play is egregious.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 10:59 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We need to draft interior offensive line, linebackers, a CB, and then a RB to push Williams.

That's the order of importance, in my opinion.

This interior line almost cost us a SB.
Totally agree....for the most part, our OLine got their asses kicked.

OL is the first pick.....
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:15 PM 02-02-2020
People were worried that we made shady inactive. :-)
[Reply]
kc rush 11:21 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We need to draft interior offensive line, linebackers, a CB, and then a RB to push Williams.

That's the order of importance, in my opinion.

This interior line almost cost us a SB.
Yup

Would love to have a lighnting and thunder situation at RB, but interior line is a must as well as LB.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:22 PM 02-02-2020
Yeah Oline, LB, or CB should be our first round pick at 32. It's amazing saying that we're drafting at 32 in round 1. lol
[Reply]
Bowser 11:23 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by kc rush:
I love Mahomes, but Williams deserved the MVP for this one.
Probably true, but Mahomes was LARGE when he needed to be. That's the stuff of legends we saw out of 15 tonight, and that's not taking a single thing away from Williams in that game.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:25 PM 02-02-2020
MVP for sure
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:35 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Probably true, but Mahomes was LARGE when he needed to be. That's the stuff of legends we saw out of 15 tonight, and that's not taking a single thing away from Williams in that game.
It’s just so strange how the switch quietly flips with him

He’s ALWAYS gonna be the MVP, but Damien earned it
[Reply]
SeattleChiefFan 11:43 PM 02-02-2020
"Damian Williams runs to immortality!!!"

--Mitch Hultus
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:49 PM 02-02-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It’s just so strange how the switch quietly flips with him

He’s ALWAYS gonna be the MVP, but Damien earned it
Williams was playing hurt earlier in the year. I'm certain. He just looked slow.

After he missed those games and then came back, he looked different.

FAST.

more like last year down the stretch.

I think there was an injury there, a leg injury of some sort that was bothering him, and that along with the offensive line injuries as well as the generally subpar interior line play even when healthy made him look worse than he is.

I think he's a perfectly fine, good fit for this offense.

He could be upgraded; but really I'd take two new guards and a center upgrade first.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 12:38 AM 02-03-2020
Q:
Damien Williams: is it time for a change?

A:
Yes. For a change, Mike Garrett is no longer the only KC RB to win a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:47 PM 02-03-2020
Fuck no its not time for a change. Im a God damn idiot and don't even care. Damien Williams can average 1 yard a carry over the entire season as long as he plays like this every post season.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 22
« First < 121819202122
Up