ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>SHOULD we make any moves before the deadline?
UChieffyBugger 11:50 AM 10-18-2019
When Pat went down and all hell broke loose, folks were thinking we'd be picking quite high in next years draft!!! :-) . But now the good news about the MRI has come through does Brett stick or twist where getting new players is concerned? I still say make moves. If we can get PP and maybe a line-baker or DT to give this defense a real chance to be decent by January then why not? I think defense and running the ball are more important than ever now.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:15 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ragland has always been a solid run defender just a liability vs the pass. Meanwhile Lee saw his naps decrease so much that he only played 2 snaps last game.
I still think that's what Ragland will look like if our DT's protect him.

Nnadi/Saunders create quite the wall of protection for our LBs.
[Reply]
FAX 07:37 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ragland has always been a solid run defender just a liability vs the pass. Meanwhile Lee saw his naps decrease so much that he only played 2 snaps last game.
Lee had 4 solo tackles in the Colts game and 5 against the Wishkins.

Perhaps Lee wound up in Spaggyboots' doghouse by whiffing on those TFL opportunities in the flat (and in broad daylight in front of God and everybody).

They even seemed to cut back on the poor guy's special-teams snaps against the Walking Glue Factories.

He rubbed somebody the wrong way.

Meanwhile, Ragland had 2 solos and 1 TFL in the last game. Nevertheless, he seemed to move around a whole lot better than I've seen him in like ... well ... ever.

Remember when Coach Filthy Hat benched DJ? He came back with a vengeance after that deal. Maybe Ragland picked it up for similar reasons. Perhaps we should bench the crap out of all our linebackers in musical chair fashion?

Or maybe ... (and this would make me feel better all the way around) ... they are making these decisions based on matchups.

FAX
[Reply]
Stryker 07:38 PM 10-22-2019
Absolutely NO!
[Reply]
Stryker 07:49 PM 10-22-2019
We only have at this point in time 5 draft picks. Why would we sacrifice that for this season? The best teams currently are the 49ers, Ravens, Pats, Packers and Saints. We ARE NOT GOING TO WIN IN THIS SITUATION. Prepare yourselves for more heartache. Even when Pat comes back, it is not going to happen. This will be the same ole, same ole - one and done even if it gets to that.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:52 PM 10-22-2019
Ragland is in the last year of his deal so maybe contract year??
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 07:52 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Remember when Coach Filthy Hat benched DJ? He came back with a vengeance after that deal. Maybe Ragland picked it up for similar reasons. Perhaps we should bench the crap out of all our linebackers in musical chair fashion?
God I miss DJ in his prime. He was fun to watch.
[Reply]
xztop123 01:10 AM 10-23-2019
The dude we picked up that the pats cut has the potential to change the defense. His tape is really good. Will be the strongest hands on kc in a long time (including poe)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up