ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>My Buddy's Son is on Forged in Fire Tonight
Megatron96 08:22 PM 10-16-2019
Don't know if anyone else watches FiF, but a very good friend of mine just told me that his son is on the new show tonight (spoiler alert: he gets into the finals).

Sorry, his name is John.
[Reply]
Fish 03:40 PM 10-17-2019
Awesome. Love that show.

And thanks for the spoiler, jerk... :-)
[Reply]
KelceFanClub 05:59 AM 10-18-2019
That looks like a cool show. Will check it out. Good luck to your friend's son!
[Reply]
Groves 07:41 AM 10-18-2019
Bummer that the OP included a spoiler.

I’m having a group over to learn some forging today. Fun times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:17 AM 10-19-2019
I love this show, never knew blade smithing could be so interesting until I started watching it

There aren’t many of them, but I always root for the guys who forego the power hammer and work it out with old fashioned muscle and sweat like they did ages ago

It’s also funny how often people make one of two mistakes that sends them packing... making it too heavy, or not giving it a comfortable handle
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:32 PM 10-23-2019
Is John the huge guy in a black kilt?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:08 PM 10-23-2019
John was the guy that won; he's the bald guy. Knew him instantly; my buddy Mac has the same head.

I was really impressed with his planning and execution. Especially in the final round; I don't think I've ever seen anyone make two swords in advance, in case one didn't work out. And his reasoning to make the sword heavier than he would've normally, because he knew that the testing would involve something like that gas can puncture test.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:31 PM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
John was the guy that won; he's the bald guy. Knew him instantly; my buddy Mac has the same head.

I was really impressed with his planning and execution. Especially in the final round; I don't think I've ever seen anyone make two swords in advance, in case one didn't work out. And his reasoning to make the sword heavier than he would've normally, because he knew that the testing would involve something like that gas can puncture test.
It was a beautiful Kopis no doubt, dude definitely is top shelf... the judges praised him throughout the process

Love the design of that ancient weapon, it’s one of the best looking blades of all time... and John killed it
[Reply]
Up