ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Nzoner's Game Room>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:01 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'll never really understand why this is a bragging point between fans. Were we Chiefs fans lesser because the team was awful for 50 years?
most Cardinals fans on here grew up in Springfield, Columbia area or St. Louis. If your a baseball fan in those areas, you were a Cardinal fan. I was watching the Cardinals in a World Series before the Royals existed. I was also watching Lenny the cool and Otis Taylor on TV. The Chiefs were and still are the NFL football team in Springfield.

You are a fan of the team you grew up with. You can’t switch because they suck or you moved to a different town. That’s a violation of fan rule #1. No bandwagon fans are tolerated.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:08 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
You can’t switch because you moved to a different town.
Not sure I 100% agree with this.

What if you grew up in a city where there's really no support from the community for the team and the atmosphere is just dead... Rays or Marlins. Then you move to a city like New York and its nothing but die hard support for the Yankees. Pretty sure I would give a pass to someone who became a Yankee fan after falling in love with the community.

Die hard fans of the Ray and Marlins have all my respect. It's gotta be fucking hard to be motivated to be a fan of those teams when no one gives a rats ass about them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:14 PM 08-10-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Not sure I 100% agree with this.

What if you grew up in a city where there's really no support from the community for the team and the atmosphere is just dead... Rays or Marlins. Then you move to a city like New York and its nothing but die hard support for the Yankees. Pretty sure I would give a pass to someone who became a Yankee fan after falling in love with the community.
Yes, that would be a bandwagoner exception. Because the fan was never on board. Nor the city with the team.

But, if you grew up a Dolphins fan, you don’t get to become a Giants fan upon the move to New York because there are a lot of Dolphins fans and still the passion fans of the team exists.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:20 PM 08-10-2020
MLB is an abomination. What a pathetically planned season.
[Reply]
bdj23 12:05 PM 08-11-2020
MLB.tv is actually refunding my $

If any other cardinals fans feel so inclined.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:12 PM 08-11-2020
We all need refunded for major league baseball fucking up this bad.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:20 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
To be fair, those of us who aren't Cardinals fans are enjoying the season just fine. Time will tell if that continues.
[Reply]
wazu 12:28 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be fair, those of us who aren't Cardinals fans are enjoying the season just fine. Time will tell if that continues.
Yeah, I've been glad it's happening. Feel sorry for Cards fans but let them get well and try again next year.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:47 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:

Royals season has went just fine.
[Reply]
bdj23 02:35 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yeah, I've been glad it's happening. Feel sorry for Cards fans but let them get well and try again next year.
I really didn't want to.. baseball is about all I watch in the summer. I just don't see how STL continues the season logistically without it being an absolute shit show. We are already postponing make up games.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:20 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I really didn't want to.. baseball is about all I watch in the summer. I just don't see how STL continues the season logistically without it being an absolute shit show. We are already postponing make up games.

A lot of doubleheader’s.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:34 PM 08-11-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
A lot of doubleheader’s.
Its all a big master plan to ensure a bunch of 7 inning games so they dont have to use their bullpen as much.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:34 PM 08-11-2020
A lot of doubleheader’s.
Double slate for Thursday is postponed.

If they're able to get up and running maybe I'll buy it again.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:39 AM 08-13-2020
Friday’s game has been canceled.

A lot of doubleheader’s coming up for the Cards.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 12:17 PM 08-13-2020
Friday’s game has been canceled.

A lot of doubleheader’s coming up for the Cards.
They’d be smart to just eliminate the Cards from the season. Not many people outside of the die hard Cardinals fans really believe they’re a legitimate playoff threat anyways. MLB would be better off just cancelling their season and using some of the created empty parts of teams schedules for rest days or to logistically move things around for other makeup games.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 18
« First < 71314151617 18 >
Up