ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 297 of 324
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Megatron96 08:31 PM 01-07-2023
Last one, by the numbers:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/matchup/_/gameId/401437961

Once again, the defense is trending in the right direction as the regular season comes to a close. It's almost like we've seen this before . . .
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 01-07-2023
4.2 yards per play is elite

someone calculate yards per play over the last 8 games

i bet we're top close to the top 5
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:18 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs are currently 10th in yards per game :-)

Spags built a top 10 defense :-)
with 6 of his top 12 guys being rookies.

Yeah, they've been inconsistent because they're HALF ROOKIES.

I don't think people really appreciate that. Spags has done a fucking outstanding job this season, no matter what happens this postseason.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:01 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Chiefs are currently 10th in yards per game :-)

Spags built a top 10 defense :-)
The Chiefs have given up the fewest yards since the 2015 season, in which they only gave up more yards than bc they played one more game (avg is better).

2nd most sacks (55) in franchise history.

He did this with rookies all over the defense. And people want this man fired? :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:15 PM 01-07-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs have given up the fewest yards since the 2015 season, in which they only gave up more yards than bc they played one more game (avg is better).

He did this with rookies all over the defense. And people want this man fired? :-)
This board is emotional
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:18 PM 01-07-2023

He can’t tackle.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:05 PM 01-07-2023

Our pass rush stinks/Chief Fan
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 12:13 AM 01-08-2023
I think Joe Cullen and the D-Line coaches deserve some props this year.

Huge improvement in number of Sacks. We've also been batting down passes like crazy. It feels like the line makes a huge point to jump up and get those hands up when they feel they can't get to the QB, and that probably starts with good coaching. We don't have World Beaters on the Line besides Chris Jones, but this unit has been pretty stout in comparison to previous years. It's been fun to watch.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:17 AM 01-08-2023
Today was, by far, the best day they have had on defense---which is great to see as we head into the post season.

20 points a game--if this defense can keep teams to around 20 points per game, we are gonna win the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:19 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Our pass rush stinks/Chief Fan
Our pass rush does not stink...but it does seem that qbs have a lot of time to throw a lot of the time---Stitham had time today, but made some bad throws.

He was also sacked a bunch and had a forced fumble.

Seems to be feast of famine for the defense...and when it is famine it can be pretty bad.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:26 AM 01-08-2023
So tell me again who we were supposed to hire instead of Spags?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:28 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Our pass rush does not stink...but it does seem that qbs have a lot of time to throw a lot of the time---Stitham had time today, but made some bad throws.

He was also sacked a bunch and had a forced fumble.

Seems to be feast of famine for the defense...and when it is famine it can be pretty bad.
How is that different than literally anybody else?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:00 AM 01-08-2023
Thomas Edison is purported to have said, "I didn't fail 10,000 times to make a light bulb. I found 10,000 ways how not to make one."

You know what I hate about a lot of DCs? It's how they keep trying to do the same things or rely on the same guy to make plays, even when they don't work. Over. And over.

When Spags can't get pressure with 4, or his best rusher(s) is getting canceled out of the play by double-teams, he finds another way, whether it's with a corner, a safety, or a LB. He calls exotic blitz packages, so the OL and the QB have a hard time figuring out who, if anybody, is coming from where. And according to the stats, it works. A lot.

Now that the secondary is finally locking into place, the defense is finally operating close to how it's supposed to.

And now we're going to get a lot more coverage sacks. Yea us.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:20 AM 01-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How is that different than literally anybody else?
I think our famine is a lot worse than other teams...and I think we fail to get pressure sometimes in key games and situations (like at Cincy this year and Buffalo at home).

I have been tough on the defense this year, and I think they have given up too many points to teams with really bad offenses (Tampa, 2 games against Denver)....but I think they are starting to hit their stride.

Also, winning at turnovers really, really helps this defense more than most. Keep the number of posessions that the opponent gets really helps. Saw it today--the Faiders had two turnovers, we had none, and on the drives where the Faid did move the ball against us, we made them use up large chunks of clock and come away with either nothing (turnover on downs) or a FG (8 minute drive in the 3rd).

It was just really good to see them give up less than 20 points today, especially after letting a really bad Denver offense carve them up for 28 and 24 points this year (two highest point totals the :-) have had)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:08 AM 01-08-2023
Div round opponent is fucked

The Chiefs defense generated their highest single-game pressure rate (45.2%) over the last 3 seasons in Week 18.

The Chiefs pass rush has hit its stride entering the playoffs:

�� Weeks 1-13: 25.6% QBP rate (26th)
�� Weeks 14-18: 34.5% QBP rate (5th)#KCvsLV | #ChiefsKingdom

— Next Gen Stats (@NextGenStats) January 8, 2023

[Reply]
Page 297 of 324
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Up