ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 324
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:03 AM 11-15-2022
oh yeah

it's happening

[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 11-16-2022

Jones and Dunlap at end. Karlaftis at nose. Willie Gay is big here in his slow walk as a spy to force the RG to account for him so the RT has to block Chris Jones one on one which is going to be a mismatch. #JacobsEyeInTheSky #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/OBxIhKsfpo

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) November 15, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 11-16-2022
jones has looked like reggie white at end this year....dude is getting PAID
[Reply]
BossChief 11:34 AM 11-16-2022
Yeah, Jones has been playing at an DPOTY level all year…and will only become more productive as Karlaftis refined his technique and if Frank Clark comes back playing at the same level he did against SF.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:58 AM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That is such a cool play design.

And shows what Spags blitzes do even when we DON'T blitz.

Gay !@#$ed that play up by simply existing. And because he didn't rocket upfield, he could have dropped into short zones for crossers or what not. And since we only sent 3, that left 7 in coverage w/ Gay as the spy. Even mediocre coverage snuffs that play out once Jones got isolated on the RT.

That's a Spags win that Jones ultimately finished.

Point - Spags. Just an outstanding call there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:00 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
3 sacks in 5 games, what a turd right?

But who's counting?

Yeah - he's a turd.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:08 PM 11-16-2022
Chris Jones is absolutely playing at DPOY status right now. He needs to be extended
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:10 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Thank God Spags is using Gay this way again.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:53 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Point - Spags. Just an outstanding call there.
seems like everyone has the basic scheme down now, and he's adding wrinkles

i think this defense is going to be nasty come january

that's the perfect practice against josh allen too, gay SHOULD be spying allen on every third down

you almost wonder if they practiced some buffalo calls against jacksonville since you have some of the same kind of talent there with lawrence's legs and their receivers
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:07 PM 11-16-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
seems like everyone has the basic scheme down now, and he's adding wrinkles

i think this defense is going to be nasty come january

that's the perfect practice against josh allen too, gay SHOULD be spying allen on every third down

you almost wonder if they practiced some buffalo calls against jacksonville since you have some of the same kind of talent there with lawrence's legs and their receivers
Jacksonville as a Rookie Level Buffalo?

I can see that...
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:29 AM 11-17-2022
Interesting take from Etienne:

Originally Posted by :
“The backside backers were shooting gaps,” Etienne explained after the game, via Mia O’Brien of 1010XL. “So they weren’t letting us get outside to the perimeter and the cutback’s not there because the backers were shooting the gaps. I feel like we should’ve done more inside zones, you can see we came to it and got a couple good gains.

“So they had a good game plan, I just gotta be better, I feel like. Make a guy miss or something, just do something special and make a spark for the team.”

Another way the Chiefs limited the Jaguars’ running game was by racking up a 20-0 lead in the first half. Jacksonville spent the majority of the day trying to play catch-up with quarterback Trevor Lawrence throwing 40 passes on the day. Etienne had 11 rushing attempts and caught three passes.

[Reply]
tredadda 10:06 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Interesting take from Etienne:
I love our LBs. I do think as Chenel gets more experience he will be much better. Gay is a stud as is Bolton. Hope KC can keep them around.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:36 AM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I love our LBs. I do think as Chenel gets more experience he will be much better. Gay is a stud as is Bolton. Hope KC can keep them around.
If it was me, I'm paying Willie and Bolton both.

Ascending difference makers, both of them.
[Reply]
Sofa King 11:00 AM 11-17-2022
Darius Harris is underrated. He would be a beast in an expanded role.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:03 PM 11-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If it was me, I'm paying Willie and Bolton both.

Ascending difference makers, both of them.
We're pretty good against the run this year, and I think the biggest reason for that is Gay and Bolton both playing full time instead of sitting behind fucking Hitchens

Paul Alexander was on Miller/Kirwin's show on NFL Network radio, and they were talking about Chris Jones. He brought up that Jones sometimes could be a liability against the run, but it's not as much of a deal this year because he's being moved around on the line more than he ever has and also because Spagnuolo is using that to his advantage and putting our LBs in positions to close gaps off if Jones goes too aggressive on a rush when it ends up being run.

I know the complaint doesn't apply to speedier Will backers who are still valuable to modern defenses, particularly if they can rush the passer as well, but LBs have been kind of the interior OL of the defense in terms of losing their positional value. But damn, when they suck, it makes your defense suck. And when they're great, it makes a ton of other things around you on defense also great.
[Reply]
Page 247 of 324
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297 > Last »
Up