ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
The Lounge>Dak rejected $30 million/yr offer
RunKC 02:38 PM 08-12-2019
This guy is pressing for $40 million a year. I hope Jerry is stupid enough to give it to him :-)

Dak Prescott has turned down a $30M/year deal and is seeking $40M/year, per @SlaterNFL pic.twitter.com/MCOwLDcu6s

— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) August 12, 2019

[Reply]
Flying High D 04:46 PM 08-13-2019
Why do Cowboy fans pout when shit is talked about their shithole team?
[Reply]
BossChief 04:59 PM 08-13-2019
Did someone just say the Cowboys are cheap?

Lololol
[Reply]
limested 04:59 PM 08-13-2019
40m for a bottom ten starting an?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:14 PM 08-13-2019
Someone on that team is getting shorted on their price. If I had to guess it's Zeke. Dak isn't even worth 30 but he will get just over what Wntz hot.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:57 PM 08-13-2019
In games in which Cowboys opponents score 24 or more with Prescott, they are 4-11. In all of his losses, 18 games, the team averages 15.1 ppg. In eight of those games they scored 14 or less with six of those games being single digits. That tells you that he canít keep his team in games if things arenít going well and a good game plan is in place. That talent just isnít there to overcome unforeseen challenges. Part of that is probably coaching as well but it really does point to an Alex Smith type QB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:38 PM 08-14-2019
Dak is a middle-of-the-pack QB, according to the eye test.

He's capable of running the offense, so long as he has a better-than-average running game and a true All-Pro WR and TE. He cannot put the team on his shoulders and carry them to victory. He needs a lot of help.

The QBs that can carry a team are worth 30 Million plus, because they can make do with less at all positions. Dak isn't that kind of QB.
[Reply]
notorious 04:29 PM 08-14-2019
I’ve turned off national sports radio. Cowherd can get fucked by the Exxon Valdez for his exhausting coverage of this shit.
[Reply]
jason54858 04:53 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Dak is a middle-of-the-pack QB, according to the eye test.

He's capable of running the offense, so long as he has a better-than-average running game and a true All-Pro WR and TE. He cannot put the team on his shoulders and carry them to victory. He needs a lot of help.

The QBs that can carry a team are worth 30 Million plus, because they can make do with less at all positions. Dak isn't that kind of QB.
Everyone is being silly. Despite your eye test, Dak is a starting caliber QB who has been to multiple pro bowls and has led his team to the playoffs twice. QBs who have done that are worth 30 million dollars or more in todayís NFL. Period Mahomes will go for 45-50 when his time is up, and when he does that QBs will be worth much much more.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:59 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by jason54858:
Everyone is being silly. Despite your eye test, Dak is a starting caliber QB who has been to multiple pro bowls and has led his team to the playoffs twice. QBs who have done that are worth 30 million dollars or more in todayís NFL. Period Mahomes will go for 45-50 when his time is up, and when he does that QBs will be worth much much more.
45-50? No way in hell. He will get his deal in 2020. They will give him a tad more than the highest paid per year. 100 plus will be guaranteed though.
[Reply]
GoHuge 05:27 PM 08-14-2019
$40 mill for a guy that has thrown in his best year...23, yes...23 TDs. Do it Jerry!!
[Reply]
DrRyan 05:41 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
It's not about performance it's about being the face of the DALlas COWboYS. You seem to ignore that fact since you think Dallas isn't special. The people who own the team think Dallas is the greatest franchise ever and yet they dont want to pay the face of their franchise why? Because they are cheap that's why.
God this is a tired schtick man. I can't stand the Dallas is the greatest routine, but with that said, are they absolved of the salary cap? Cheap doesn't have anything to do with it. Dak being right about a middle of the pack QB, and definitely not a better QB than Wentz does.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:48 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by jason54858:
Everyone is being silly. Despite your eye test, Dak is a starting caliber QB who has been to multiple pro bowls and has led his team to the playoffs twice. QBs who have done that are worth 30 million dollars or more in todayís NFL. Period Mahomes will go for 45-50 when his time is up, and when he does that QBs will be worth much much more.
I wasn't using my "eye test" but the commonly held eye test that most football analysts seem to be using.

My eye test says that Dak is mediocre at reading defenses. That he is not terribly accurate downfield. That he has a tendency to "pull the string" on long passes, possibly because he knows he's not accurate downfield. That he has timing issues. That without a top-5 offensive line, a top-5 RB, a Pro-Bowl caliber WR/TE, and a top 10 defense, he is not capable of consistently executing scoring drives when they are necessary.

In other words, he looks a lot like Derek Carr.

He does not look like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. Period.

But by all means, I do hope he gets his 40 million/yr. It will make for some pretty good jokes downrange when everyone finally realizes that he's not worth half of that.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:51 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I wasn't using my "eye test" but the commonly held eye test that most football analysts seem to be using.

My eye test says that Dak is mediocre at reading defenses. That he is not terribly accurate downfield. That he has a tendency to "pull the string" on long passes, possibly because he knows he's not accurate downfield. That he has timing issues. That without a top-5 offensive line, a top-5 RB, a Pro-Bowl caliber WR/TE, and a top 10 defense, he is not capable of consistently executing scoring drives when they are necessary.

In other words, he looks a lot like Derek Carr.

He does not look like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc. Period.

But by all means, I do hope he gets his 40 million/yr. It will make for some pretty good jokes downrange when everyone finally realizes that he's not worth half of that.
Nooooo. We would have to go higher
We should hope 35 stays. Give Mahomes 36 and be done.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:02 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by DrRyan:
God this is a tired schtick man. I can't stand the Dallas is the greatest routine, but with that said, are they absolved of the salary cap? Cheap doesn't have anything to do with it. Dak being right about a middle of the pack QB, and definitely not a better QB than Wentz does.
Ok. I see your point. Either way what we all want is for Dallas to remain irrelevant like they have been for 20 years now. I mean they can not pay him and go the Jags route of looking for a QBoTF for about 20 years and still striking out in the most brilliant of ways.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 05:35 PM 08-15-2019
What is he, like the 12th best QB in the league? Why would anyone pay him that much?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up