ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Pocahontas: “5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer”
Prison Bitch 05:24 PM 08-09-2019
Can she be sued for slander?

Elizabeth Warren
@ewarren

5 years ago Michael Brown was murdered by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Michael was unarmed yet he was shot 6 times. I stand with activists and organizers who continue the fight for justice for Michael. We must confront systemic racism and police violence head on.
1:59 PM · Aug 9, 2019·Twitter Web App

2.4K Retweets12.4K Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ewarren/s...02078103445507

[Reply]
Frazod 03:12 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
the economy was a disaster until he took over
democrats are literally the enemy of america and worse than putin / whoever
we are being overrun by hordes of immigrant invaders all of whom are disease ridden criminals
the russian investigation & russian interference are hoaxes
millions of illegals voted in the 2016 election (but in CA lol)
democrats want open borders and welcome ms-13
Hey look, rodeopanties finally tells the truth!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:20 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wrong, it wasn't murder period. He assaulted a cop sitting in his car and tried to take his gun.

Stop trying to overthink this.
Heaven forbid people put thought into matters.

The point I was making WAS NOT that there was some 'truth' to Warren's reckless and disrespectful allegation that Brown was murdered and in need of justice.

The point was her reckless and disrespectful allegation is an opinion, which is different in important ways from a lie.

I don't say this to excuse Warren, but in an effort to more effectively condemn her.

One of the FIRST responses in this very thread

Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Makes Trump pushing for punishment for the Central Park Five look like a piker.
If you call her misguided opinion a lie, then vast swathes of the citizenry then feel free to simply disregard your accusation as just YOUR opinion.

If you allow her the grace of the assumption of sincerity, you can STILL destroy her critical thinking skills, her awareness of events, and her respect for the nation's institutions. . . . And you can do so in a way that no one can disregard as 'just your opinion.'
[Reply]
patteeu 03:27 PM 08-12-2019
No collusion no obstruction complete exoneration and the russian attack on our country is a hoax, as an example that's massively more toxic and gross
"No collusion, no obstruction" is accurate. When Trump talks about the Russian hoax, he's not saying the Russians didn't try to influence, because he's acknowledged that they have. He's saying, at various times, that Trump/Russia collusion is a hoax and that the idea that Russians impacted the election results is a hoax.

Even if these weren't accurate (for example, if Mueller had found instances of chargeable obstruction but Barr overturned the charging decision) or if Trump actually said that the Russians never did anything at all, it wouldn't be as toxic as the Ferguson lies, IMO. I'm not sure how they can be viewed that way.

The one espoused by most of the trumpers here. Where (for example)...
the economy was a disaster until he took over
democrats are literally the enemy of america and worse than putin / whoever
These are opinions, not lies.

we are being overrun by hordes of immigrant invaders all of whom are disease ridden criminals
This is both opinion and something Trump never said.

the russian investigation & russian interference are hoaxes
I think we covered this above, but to the extent that there's more to the story, we have an ongoing investigation into the russia investigation, so it remains to be seen what was really going on.

millions of illegals voted in the 2016 election (but in CA lol)
This is a decent one, but for my money it's not nearly as divisive as Ferguson. I don't think there were millions of illegals voting in 2016, but we don't really know how many there were.

democrats want open borders and welcome ms-13
Actions speak louder than words when it comes to open borders. The majority of democrat POTUS candidates want defacto open borders based on their responses in the debates.

The "welcome ms-13" part is too easy to see through to be convincing, just like the charge that Trump is a white supremacist.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:28 PM 08-12-2019
Hey!! Stop overthinking . . .
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 04:23 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
"No collusion, no obstruction" is accurate. When Trump talks about the Russian hoax, he's not saying the Russians didn't try to influence, because he's acknowledged that they have. He's saying, at various times, that Trump/Russia collusion is a hoax and that the idea that Russians impacted the election results is a hoax.

Even if these weren't accurate (for example, if Mueller had found instances of chargeable obstruction but Barr overturned the charging decision) or if Trump actually said that the Russians never did anything at all, it wouldn't be as toxic as the Ferguson lies, IMO. I'm not sure how they can be viewed that way.

These are opinions, not lies.

This is both opinion and something Trump never said.

I think we covered this above, but to the extent that there's more to the story, we have an ongoing investigation into the russia investigation, so it remains to be seen what was really going on.

This is a decent one, but for my money it's not nearly as divisive as Ferguson. I don't think there were millions of illegals voting in 2016, but we don't really know how many there were.

Actions speak louder than words when it comes to open borders. The majority of democrat POTUS candidates want defacto open borders based on their responses in the debates.

The "welcome ms-13" part is too easy to see through to be convincing, just like the charge that Trump is a white supremacist.
You've largely missed the point here. Initially you claimed trump lying every day made it so his lies weren't impactful (which is ridiculous) and I said he's created a narrative of a world that's disconnected from reality. You asked me to describe it and I did. You've treated my response as an accounting of specific lies, which wasn't the point. His lies (and those of his surrogates) create a world view for his base that is disconnected from reality. And seriously, you're arguing that a single exaggeration by one presidential candidate is more impactful than the president & team lying to the american people every day, it's ridiculous.

Regarding russia, for one, trump has said many times that russian interference itself is a hoax ("putin denied it very strongly" - what a moron), but total exoneration / no collusion / no obstruction simply is not accurate. I've read the mueller report, have you? It clearly establishes that the russians interfered in sweeping and systematic fashion, that trump welcomed and encouraged it, and was responsive to it. It also establishes all 3 elements of obstruction related to several of trump's actions. Really the only thing it didn't establish a specific agreement between trump and the russians. But you are choosing to blindly believe trump's man Barr without reading the report yourself, so there's no real reason to discuss that further.
[Reply]
neech 04:32 PM 08-12-2019
Go Pat go
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:17 PM 08-12-2019
Hey!! Stop overthinking . . .
Murder has a very distinct definition, the illegal killing of a person. Nothing illegal about the Mike Brown killing.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:20 PM 08-12-2019
Murder has a very distinct definition, the illegal killing of a person. Nothing illegal about the Mike Brown killing.
Here's a way that's succinct so no one gets bored in the asking, even if it's still overly reductive.

Is it a lie to say O.J. Simpson murdered Nicole Brown?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:22 PM 08-12-2019
Someone put this cunt out of her misery.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:30 PM 08-12-2019
Here's a way that's succinct so no one gets bored in the asking, even if it's still overly reductive.

:-)

You are trying way too hard BL, its inarguable Nicole Brown was murdered, its arguable WHO did it.

Its inarguable Mike Brown was not murdered given the evidence.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:40 PM 08-12-2019
:-)

You are trying way too hard BL, its inarguable Nicole Brown was murdered, its arguable WHO did it.

Its inarguable Mike Brown was not murdered given the evidence.
If these matters were 'inarguable' we wouldn't need trials. We'd just feed evidence into a computer.

Everything about the contents of the mind of another person is arguable, that's why we take such care to construct and maintain a legal system the populace can put trust in.

The critical point of Warren' statement isn't whether or not she's 'lying' about her own assessment of the situation. It's that she disrespects the legal system that investigated thoroughly and objectively and found otherwise.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:07 PM 08-12-2019
You've largely missed the point here. Initially you claimed trump lying every day made it so his lies weren't impactful (which is ridiculous)...
That was really more about me not being able to remember any specific lies of Trump's that would rise to the level of this terrible, divisive, 5 year old lie. And I still don't.

... and I said he's created a narrative of a world that's disconnected from reality. You asked me to describe it and I did. You've treated my response as an accounting of specific lies, which wasn't the point.
Ok, that's fair.

His lies (and those of his surrogates) create a world view for his base that is disconnected from reality. And seriously, you're arguing that a single exaggeration by one presidential candidate is more impactful than the president & team lying to the american people every day, it's ridiculous.
Well, I reject your premises so I guess we'll have to disagree about which of us is being more ridiculous.

Regarding russia, for one, trump has said many times that russian interference itself is a hoax ("putin denied it very strongly" - what a moron), ...
Trump can be hard to follow. Often, he'll be asked a question, but he'll choose to answer a different one. That's happened a lot on this particular subject. He'll be asked about Russian interference and he'll answer by saying, in effect, that collusion is a hoax or that Russia changing the election results is a hoax. His answers are often ambiguous so it's easy to interpret them based on your own personal Rorschach interpretation, but if you study his responses to these questions over time the pattern emerges pretty clearly, IMO.

...but total exoneration / no collusion / no obstruction simply is not accurate. I've read the mueller report, have you? It clearly establishes that the russians interfered in sweeping and systematic fashion, that trump welcomed and encouraged it, and was responsive to it. It also establishes all 3 elements of obstruction related to several of trump's actions. Really the only thing it didn't establish a specific agreement between trump and the russians. But you are choosing to blindly believe trump's man Barr without reading the report yourself, so there's no real reason to discuss that further.
That the Russians interferred isn't relevant to collusion/obstruction and it's not really a point of contention by anyone, although the details might be debatable.

Trump welcoming it and encouraging it, to the extent that he did, isn't relevant either. I don't know what "responsive to it" means in this context.

I assume you still haven't read AG Barr's memo about the interpretation of the relevant obstruction statute. It contradicts the untested, aggressive interpretation outlined in the Mueller report. Guess who's view on this matter is more important to the obstruction/no obstruction determination. I've invited you to raise the most serious obstruction allegation raised by the report to discuss at which time I'd be glad to read that section of the report, but you've refused.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09:50 PM 08-12-2019
Every democrat candidate has endorsed an idea that a man who tried to murder police, by all evidence and supported by the obama justice department, was unjustifiably murdered as a consequence of 'every day racism inherent in the US citizen'.

And you guys are talking about.... WHAT?

Why are presidential candidates spouting off fake news? Can we focus on THAT? IT's not just Warren. Everyone got in on this clown show.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:04 PM 08-12-2019
It's not possible to tbe this out of touch with reality to claim ignorance so this was obviously done to pander to minorities and to stoke racial divide.

Just another example of why the left is the root cause of the divide in this country.
It's both sides fault and it's never going to change because neither side wants to take blame.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:17 PM 08-12-2019

Good gracious. Everyone agrees Nicole was murdered. Nobody outside some leftist cranks says that about Gentle Giant.

If Nicole has confronted a cop and tried to reach in and grab his gun, shed surely be dead but um, not quite “murdered”
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up