ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Elizabeth Warren caught staging "random" lemonade stand purchase
Hammock Parties 09:39 AM 08-09-2019
So transparent. :-)

Just happened to come across ⁦@ewarren⁩ buying lemonade from some girls in Harlan. It was $7 — she gave them $10.

This is Iowa! pic.twitter.com/jdMFDSuAiv

— Kim Norvell (@KimNorvellDMR) August 8, 2019

[Reply]
HonestChieffan 12:47 PM 08-09-2019
Evil woman
[Reply]
jd1020 12:47 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
are you ****ing serious?

the "journalist" who took the photos was on the bus
That makes it staged?

Staged to me would be going behind camera, getting a couple of girls, and paying them to sit there and pretend they are selling lemonade.

This is nothing more than a politically motivated stunt. Staged? No. But who fucking cares anyway? It's Elizabeth Warren and there's no chance she means anything when it comes to a general election because she wont be invited.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:51 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
That makes it staged?

Staged to me would be going behind camera, getting a couple of girls, and paying them to sit there and pretend they are selling lemonade.

This is nothing more than a politically motivated stunt. Staged? No. But who ****ing cares anyway? It's Elizabeth Warren and there's no chance she means anything when it comes to a general election because she wont be invited.
How does a reporter who's covering a politician on the campaign trail "Just happened to come across" something as out in the open as a lemonade purchase?
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 12:53 PM 08-09-2019
Lol the right wing faux outrage machine
[Reply]
jd1020 12:53 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
How does a reporter who's covering a politician on the campaign trail "Just happened to come across" something as out in the open as a lemonade purchase?
Are you asking how does a campaign bus driving around in public pass a lemonade stand on the street?

If anything should be citing the girls for setting up their stand on a handicap ramp making it impossible for handicap people to use the sidewalk... kidding, not kidding?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:55 PM 08-09-2019
Are you asking how does a campaign bus driving around in public pass a lemonade stand on the street?
Obviously not, given the actual wording of my question. Let me repeat the question for you.

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:56 PM 08-09-2019
The lack of Indians present offends me.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:57 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
The lack of Indians present offends me.
It wasn't a firewater stand.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:58 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
It wasn't a firewater stand.
Then why the native daughter there?
[Reply]
srvy 01:05 PM 08-09-2019
How often do you see lemonade stands now days? Yet the Warren bus just happens by one out on the trail.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:06 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
How often do you see lemonade stands now days? Yet the Warren bus just happens by one out on the trail.
I always see one when it gets really really hot on the corner of my street.
[Reply]
srvy 01:10 PM 08-09-2019
I always see one when it gets really really hot on the corner of my street.
I dont believe you.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:15 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
In my town, I see them all the time during the summer. For me, the issue isn't necessarily Warren buying the gang some lemonade, which could have been perfectly innocent. The issue is how it was reported, regardless of whether or not the purchase was actually a staged incident.
[Reply]
Bump 01:18 PM 08-09-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Lol the right wing faux outrage machine
lol the left wings that applaud staged shit like this
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:22 PM 08-09-2019
First, I hope Warren doesn't win the nomination, and in fact doesn't win re-election to the Senate (fat chance). I despise her (and Bernie) as candidates, and won't vote for the D candidate if either of them is the winner. Since I can't vote for our ignorant buffoon of a President either, I'll abstain from voting for POTUS for the first time in my adult life.

That said, it seems highly possible that her campaign bus or whatever -- which often WILL include reporters -- came across a lemonade stand and she bought lemonade. To me, "staging" this would literally mean getting some girls to sell lemonade and then going there and pretending it was an out of the blue thing.

So, yeah, maybe, but more likely Clay is bizarrely overreacting to nothing at all.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up