ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Movie: The Hunt (Hunting & killing Deplorables)
Pogue 12:56 PM 08-08-2019
https://youtu.be/1lqCjai8LDo

Can’t embed but this is supposed to be entertaining?
[Reply]
Munson 12:14 PM 08-10-2019
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...icant-backlash

Originally Posted by :
'The Hunt' canceled by Universal following significant backlash

By Jessica Napoli | Fox News

Universal Pictures has canceled the September 27 release of the controversial movie "The Hunt," in the wake of significant backlash over the film that depicts privileged vacationers hunting "deplorables" for sport.

NBC’s Universal Pictures, which shares parent company Comcast with NBC News and MSNBC, told Fox News on Wednesday that the movie’s marketing campaign would be “temporarily paused” on the heels tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas, Dayton, Ohio, and Gilroy, California.

At that time, it had no plans to shelf the movie itself.

But in a statement released to Deadline on Saturday, Universal said: “While Universal Pictures had already paused the marketing campaign for The Hunt, after thoughtful consideration, the studio has decided to cancel our plans to release the film.

“We stand by our filmmakers and will continue to distribute films in partnership with bold and visionary creators, like those associated with this satirical social thriller, but we understand that now is not the right time to release this film.”

There are no official plans for the future of "The Hunt." It could still be released at a later date or it could move to a streaming service.

The movie featured Betty Gilpin and Oscar winner Hilary Swank, was written by Nick Cuse and Damon Lindelof and directed by Craig Zobel.

It was billed as a satirical take on wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans.

Variety reported ton Saturday morning that Swank said she wouldn't discuss the film while at the Locarno Film Festival. “No one’s seen the film. You can’t really have a conversation about it without understanding what it’s about," she said.

On Friday, President Trump slammed Hollywood and presumably the movie. “Hollywood, I don’t call them the elites. I think the elites are the people they go after in many cases. But Hollywood is really terrible,” he said.

“What they’re doing, with the kind of movie they’re putting out, it’s actually very dangerous for our country. What Hollywood is doing is a tremendous disservice to our country.”

[Reply]
threebag02 12:22 PM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Don't watch this trailer... it will straight piss you off.

I hate you :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:40 PM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yeah, I'll own that. I've been pretty salty towards the left and anything that resembles it lately. I've got to remember to pump the brakes.
Heh, since you bravely outed yourself I’ll follow suit

I didn’t watch the trailer before chiming in, all I’d done was read an article on yahoo that (apparently poorly) summed up the plot... so if it’s actually trying to drive home some kind of message of understanding, then I stand corrected

That said, I’m still not sure that it’s a good idea in this current environment to release movies about one political faction hunting another down... there are clearly plenty of wackadoos out there who could draw inspiration from it
[Reply]
Frazod 02:47 PM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Heh, since you bravely outed yourself I’ll follow suit

I didn’t watch the trailer before chiming in, all I’d done was read an article on yahoo that (apparently poorly) summed up the plot... so if it’s actually trying to drive home some kind of message of understanding, then I stand corrected

That said, I’m still not sure that it’s a good idea in this current environment to release movies about one political faction hunting another down... there are clearly plenty of wackadoos out there who could draw inspiration from it
From what I saw of the trailer it captured the mindset of the liberal elite perfectly; arrogant, soulless monsters who have pure contempt for anybody not them, and love guns themselves, but want the little people disarmed so they won't ever be a threat to their plans.

It looked interesting, frankly. I wouldn't have (and won't) paid to see it in the theater, but I'll watch it when it comes to Netflix eventually.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:58 PM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
From what I saw of the trailer it captured the mindset of the liberal elite perfectly; arrogant, soulless monsters who have pure contempt for anybody not them, and love guns themselves, but want the little people disarmed so they won't ever be a threat to their plans.

It looked interesting, frankly. I wouldn't have (and won't) paid to see it in the theater, but I'll watch it when it comes to Netflix eventually.
Yeah I’m going now watch the trailer as soon as I get this dirty rice made and the mess cleaned up...
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 03:25 PM 08-10-2019
Universal shouldn't of caved. Maybe if companies stop caving to everybodies butt hurt we can get political discourse back to normal.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:24 PM 08-10-2019
Liberals out in full force claiming the movie was "banned". Do these people really not understand that words actually have definitions? I mean racism, treason and now banned are 3 they obviously seem to struggle with.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:26 PM 08-10-2019
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Liberals out in full force claiming the movie was "banned". Do these people really not understand that words actually have definitions? I mean racism, treason and now banned are 3 they obviously seem to struggle with.
Don’t forget “nazi”.
[Reply]
ping2000 04:42 PM 08-10-2019
I'm sure this will spawn a series of copycat movies, books and plays that will be much worse.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:43 PM 08-10-2019
Sounds like a lot of fun as long as I can be armed to
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:36 PM 08-10-2019
They don't think with their brain, they feel with their gut.

Remember when that was supposed to be a satirization of the right?
And now it's the proud banner of the left.

They crave their media outlets feeling their news at them.

:-)000000;width:520px;">

[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:41 AM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
They don't think with their brain, they feel with their gut.

Remember when that was supposed to be a satirization of the right?
And now it's the proud banner of the left.

They crave their media outlets feeling their news at them.
>
Bablee Lee responding to made up stuff about liberals with made up stuff about liberals. You guys really know how to tell those liberals in your head what's what.
[Reply]
warrior 10:08 AM 08-11-2019
Did your rant make sense in that little brain
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 05:35 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Bablee Lee responding to made up stuff about liberals with made up stuff about liberals. You guys really know how to tell those liberals in your head what's what.
Remember that time you made up a complex and convoluted backstory for me that was an inaccurate delusion based on your own prejudice?

Do you ever accuse people of anything you don't regularly do? Ever?
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:25 PM 08-11-2019

[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up