Zero 61 78.21%
1-5 12 15.38%
5-10 2 2.56%
10-100 2 2.56%
I have met over 100 1 1.28%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Washington DC and The Holy Land>How many self-proclaimed Nazi/white supremacists have you met in your life?
BIG_DADDY 12:54 PM 08-05-2019
After the whole Gilroy Garlic dealio, watching the media push their whole agenda I started talking about it at work. I am a 56 year old man who has lived in 5 states. I couldn’t think of single self-proclaimed Nazi/white supremacists I have ever met. When I talked to others about it at the office turns out they had never met one either. I decided I would ask as many people as possible for one week and see what the results were. The Judo studio, the Jiu-Jitsu studio, the gym and a group of our friends we hung with Saturday night. Zero, was the answer. Not one single person this entire week has ever met anyone who self-identifies as such yet when we turn on the news apparently they are everywhere, you just can’t see them, like air molecules. The media makes every shooter a star and divides this country on a 24/7 news feed and then blames Trump for his divisive nature and the shootings. Enemy of the people indeed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:44 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by lostcause:
Maybe we could print him a card to show he's passed examinations and that skinheads should leave him alone.
Wow that’s a great idea!

Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
Just searched-out the fishing thread and his 'Joe Whiteguy pics.' Your data processor for a brain is a malfunctioning, diseased organ. You prove it regularly when you post, but jfc this is like asking a child for the name of a shape, and you failed.
Not sure why you’ve singled me out for attack lately, I’m far from the most vitriolic guy around here

But whatever it is, I plan to keep doing it sweetcheeks :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 08:50 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
The President is the most divisive figure in American political history. Of course divisive rhetoric can be found in response, especially since everybody's thoughts are being broadcast all over social media.

Talk of concentration camps is divisive, but it's accurate definitionally. You could say it's just a bunch of detention centers where kids who are separated from their parents are held in inhumane conditions and that could be seen as divisive too, but again, it's accurate.

But again, the issue is that you have this mass murderer posting a manifesto which is basically just standard conservative talking points, just laid out more explicitly instead of letting people connect the dots. There is no top down propaganda machine that radicalizes people on the left like we're seeing on the right. There just isn't.
Donald Trump bears no responsibility for the El Paso shooter. None.

"Concentration camp" rhetoric is every bit as inflamatory as anything Trump has said recently. As for definitional accuracy, there are plenty of examples of inflamatory leftist rhetoric that's inaccurate, starting with the bogus claim that Donald Trump called white supremacists fine people or that he hasn't explicitly condemned them on several occasions. The MSM and their partners at the DNC are top down radicalizers. You've probably heard the term "fake news" before. Fake news is real.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:52 AM 08-06-2019
Racist: Anyone who thinks it might be a good thing to secure the southern border of the United States of America.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:58 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
^^^^ Hasn’t noticed any inflammatory rhetoric from democrats in the era of Trump. Completely oblivious. Says “concentration camp” rhetoric could be divisive but he’s not sure. :-)
Argues that concentration camp rhetoric should be assessed on dry clinical definitional grounds. Assesses everything they disagree with on emotional inferential ground. . . . Oh, and ignores that concentration camp rhetoric was promulgated specifically tied to the follow-up sentiment 'never forget'
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:05 AM 08-06-2019

Talk of concentration camps is divisive, but it's accurate definitionally. .
JFC - In my several years on this board, I've never gotten personal by calling someone a dumbass, etc.....but jesus kid, you need to open a textbook, or at least do a quick google-search.

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

Just stop with this "definitionally accurate" bullshit.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:06 AM 08-06-2019
What are we to never forget? Anyone?
[Reply]
patteeu 09:09 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Argues that concentration camp rhetoric should be assessed on dry clinical definitional grounds. Assesses everything they disagree with on emotional inferential ground. . . . Oh, and ignores that concentration camp rhetoric was promulgated specifically tied to the follow-up sentiment 'never forget'
He's a continual source of headshake material.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 09:11 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Donald Trump bears no responsibility for the El Paso shooter. None.

"Concentration camp" rhetoric is every bit as inflamatory as anything Trump has said recently. As for definitional accuracy, there are plenty of examples of inflamatory leftist rhetoric that's inaccurate, starting with the bogus claim that Donald Trump called white supremacists fine people or that he hasn't explicitly condemned them on several occasions. The MSM and their partners at the DNC are top down radicalizers. You've probably heard the term "fake news" before. Fake news is real.
Whining that people noticed Trump called people who attended a planned white nationalist rally that saw someone killed "fine people" doesnt help your case.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:13 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Whining that people noticed Trump called people who attended a planned white nationalist rally that saw someone killed "fine people" doesnt help your case.
your out-of-context shtick is getting old.

The actual full quote (for the 20th time):

"you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.....I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:15 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Being a habitual liar doesn't exactly clothe you in glory.
[Reply]
In58men 09:26 AM 08-06-2019
Too much hate in this world, folks. No reason to live like this.

https://twitter.com/zellieimani/stat...495616000?s=21
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:37 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
JFC - In my several years on this board, I've never gotten personal by calling someone a dumbass, etc.....but jesus kid, you need to open a textbook, or at least do a quick google-search.

con·cen·tra·tion camp
/ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp/
noun
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

Just stop with this "definitionally accurate" bullshit.
I prefer the Merriam Webster definition:

"a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard —used especially in reference to camps created by the Nazis in World War II for the internment and persecution of Jews and other prisoners"
[Reply]
DJJasonp 09:46 AM 08-06-2019
I prefer the Merriam Webster definition:

"a place where large numbers of people (such as prisoners of war, political prisoners, refugees, or the members of an ethnic or religious minority) are detained or confined under armed guard —used especially in reference to camps created by the Nazis in World War II for the internment and persecution of Jews and other prisoners"
Either way - to equate migrant centers to concentration camps is cherry-picking from the definition.

Would be the same as saying an electric chair is just a place to sit.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:47 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not disputing that she is bringing up concentration camps in a deliberate manner. But she is still accurate in what she is saying. Using words like "invasion" and then talking about birthrates and demographic changes is conspiratorial, deluded, and is meant to further racial division.

Do you honestly dispute the notion that the El Paso shooter's manifesto consisted of mainstream right wing talking points? Because we have the receipts.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:50 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Either way - to equate migrant centers to concentration camps is cherry-picking from the definition.

Would be the same as saying an electric chair is just a place to sit.
No, not at all. Concentration camp has a very specific set of criteria that needs to be met. If anything, equating them only to Nazi death camps is cherry picking.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 22
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up