ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Media Center>Chernobyl
Frazod 09:08 PM 05-06-2019
Just finished the first episode; I guess I'll be keeping HBO a bit longer after Game of Thrones ends.

It is fascinating, horrifying and infuriating. And spellbinding.
[Reply]
notorious 09:40 PM 05-20-2019
The radiated firefighters were melting. Christ.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:47 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The radiated firefighters were melting. Christ.
Yeah. Can't unsee that noise. And her being preggers....Oof.

I wonder how much time passed between them looking like humans, then the end?
[Reply]
O.city 09:56 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Can't unsee that noise. And her being preggers....Oof.

I wonder how much time passed between them looking like humans, then the end?
Less than a week I think
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:59 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Less than a week I think
Mother of God.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:59 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Yeah, it's extraordinarily well done. Not quite BoB level, but in the same zip code.
BoB = Battle on Blackwater? Battle of Bastards?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:59 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
BoB = Battle on Blackwater? Battle of Bastards?
Band of Brothers, I think.
[Reply]
Fish 10:02 PM 05-20-2019
Damn... cringeworthy once she said she was preggers. I guess if you didn't know anything at all about radiation.....
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Mother of God.
Yeah pretty wild


Being that damn close to an open reactor core is gonna do some damage

The dude in the first episode that they sent to the roof to look at it had his face melted off
[Reply]
O.city 10:03 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Damn... cringeworthy once she said she was preggers. I guess if you didn't know anything at all about radiation.....
Yeah it ainít gonna be good.

Yikes
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:04 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Band of Brothers, I think.
oh, forgot about that one. yeah that was so well done, I dont think it will be topped. they even cast David Schwimmer in a role that he occupied perfectly. Usually I just turn off the TV when I see Dave Schwimmer, but his turn in Band o' brothers was award worthy
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 PM 05-20-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah pretty wild


Being that damn close to an open reactor core is gonna do some damage

The dude in the first episode that they sent to the roof to look at it had his face melted off
Yeah. Itís hard to even contemplate the scale of what happens
[Reply]
Otter 04:30 AM 05-21-2019
Binge watched the episodes last night and I'll give it a 6/10 rating. I didn't realize Brick Top was a nuke.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:38 AM 05-21-2019
So far I'm giving this a 10, when something is real and not fiction, that makes it even far more ghastly.

I was wondering why they don't cremate the bodies, is it because the smoke from the incinerator would still be radioactive? It seems with amount bodies they're going to have, coffins and cement will be in high demand.

I never thought about this, but from 1998 to 2011 I lived in northeast Maryland (Bel Air), which was only about 30 miles from Peach Bottom Nuclear power plant and my favorite golf course was Pilgrim's Oaks in Delta, PA. A course owned and maintained by the Amish, it was only five miles from Peach Bottom. Here's a photo of that place, it's only about 40 miles from Baltimore and maybe 60 from Philly.


[Reply]
Amnorix 08:51 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Can't unsee that noise. And her being preggers....Oof.

I wonder how much time passed between them looking like humans, then the end?

Not to try to move this thread into DC, but if there was EVER an argument for allowing assisted suicide... I mean, JFC, who would EVER want to die that way?!?!
[Reply]
Amnorix 08:54 AM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
So far I'm giving this a 10, when something is real and not fiction, that makes it even far more ghastly.

I was wondering why they don't cremate the bodies, is it because the smoke from the incinerator would still be radioactive? It seems with amount bodies they're going to have, coffins and cement will be in high demand.
Right. The entire key is CONTAIN, because the irradiated material is continue to spit out radiation.

Originally Posted by :
I never thought about this, but from 1998 to 2011 I lived in northeast Maryland (Bel Air), which was only about 30 miles from Peach Bottom Nuclear power plant and my favorite golf course was Pilgrim's Oaks in Delta, PA. A course owned and maintained by the Amish, it was only five miles from Peach Bottom. Here's a photo of that place, it's only about 40 miles from Baltimore and maybe 60 from Philly.


What you see coming off of there is nothing but regular old steam. And the key thing that you do see is the fucking cement dome, which is a containment vessel if anything goes wrong. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty damn sure EVERY nuclear power plant in America, and probably most of the rest of the world, had them, other than in the Communist states.

Compare to Chernobyl (pre-accident), with no fucking containment dome.




[Reply]
Page 9 of 27
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up