ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Media Center>Cutting Cable.
Dunit35 01:17 PM 12-19-2018
I know there are already several threads but Im adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. Were looking at cutting cable. Wed like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I wont have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said wed also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:20 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs preseason game against the Bengals was not able to be streamed on Youtube TV? Said streaming was not allowed. Is this just a preseason thing since those contracts are local? Will I be able to watch regular season games on there?
Probably, I have CBS all access and they weren't showing it either.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:28 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs preseason game against the Bengals was not able to be streamed on Youtube TV? Said streaming was not allowed. Is this just a preseason thing since those contracts are local? Will I be able to watch regular season games on there?

That sucks. I am seriously considering cutting cable and deciding between YoutubeTV and PSVue but I have to be able to watch the Chiefs. I take it this doesn't happen for regular season games on the local KC CBS channel?
[Reply]
Fish 08:34 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Can someone explain to me why the Chiefs preseason game against the Bengals was not able to be streamed on Youtube TV? Said streaming was not allowed. Is this just a preseason thing since those contracts are local? Will I be able to watch regular season games on there?
Just a preseason thing. The Chiefs do their own in-house production for their preseason games. Because of that, they only own broadcasting rights to broadcast it on local TV over the air. They don't bother with broadcasting rights beyond that which would cover internet streaming. Once the normal season starts, the broadcasting rights are owned by CBS/ABC/NFL which can broadcast on internet streaming platforms.

If you're a YoutubeTV subscriber, but want to view preseason games, you can use the Chiefs mobile app(Android/iOS). That will allow you to stream the Chiefs preseason games live. You may need a VPN/location spoofer if you live outside the KC area, but I don't know I haven't tested. You may find a reddit/nflstreams link, but it's hit or miss for preseason games.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:19 PM 08-12-2019
Thanks for the info, Fish.
[Reply]
007 01:05 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Just a preseason thing. The Chiefs do their own in-house production for their preseason games. Because of that, they only own broadcasting rights to broadcast it on local TV over the air. They don't bother with broadcasting rights beyond that which would cover internet streaming. Once the normal season starts, the broadcasting rights are owned by CBS/ABC/NFL which can broadcast on internet streaming platforms.

If you're a YoutubeTV subscriber, but want to view preseason games, you can use the Chiefs mobile app(Android/iOS). That will allow you to stream the Chiefs preseason games live. You may need a VPN/location spoofer if you live outside the KC area, but I don't know I haven't tested. You may find a reddit/nflstreams link, but it's hit or miss for preseason games.
I was messing around trying to figure that out at halftime during the game. I couldn't find the stream on the chiefs app anywhere.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 12:06 PM 08-14-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Just a preseason thing. The Chiefs do their own in-house production for their preseason games. Because of that, they only own broadcasting rights to broadcast it on local TV over the air. They don't bother with broadcasting rights beyond that which would cover internet streaming. Once the normal season starts, the broadcasting rights are owned by CBS/ABC/NFL which can broadcast on internet streaming platforms.

If you're a YoutubeTV subscriber, but want to view preseason games, you can use the Chiefs mobile app(Android/iOS). That will allow you to stream the Chiefs preseason games live. You may need a VPN/location spoofer if you live outside the KC area, but I don't know I haven't tested. You may find a reddit/nflstreams link, but it's hit or miss for preseason games.
Thats weird..Hulu aired it
[Reply]
RunKC 07:49 AM 08-23-2019
I like YouTube tv but for $50? Seems a bit high
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:09 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I like YouTube tv but for $50? Seems a bit high
Yep. Everyone keeps upping their rates. I had DirecTV Now originally at $35/ month. Then it went up to $40. I kept it at that rate. Then, they changed the lineup, stuck HBO in their basic package, and bumped it up to $50. I quit them after that. I may consider Sling during football season for the Monday night games on ESPN. You can get Sling Orange or Blue for $25. One of them has ESPN, I don't remember which. But if that GearsTV works out, I'll probably just stick with it.
[Reply]
007 04:40 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yep. Everyone keeps upping their rates. I had DirecTV Now originally at $35/ month. Then it went up to $40. I kept it at that rate. Then, they changed the lineup, stuck HBO in their basic package, and bumped it up to $50. I quit them after that. I may consider Sling during football season for the Monday night games on ESPN. You can get Sling Orange or Blue for $25. One of them has ESPN, I don't remember which. But if that GearsTV works out, I'll probably just stick with it.
I'm sure they will eventually raise prices up to the point that cable will start looking good to people again. Its one of the reasons I never got caught up in cable tv shows and just stick to network programming. OTA antenna and I'm good to go.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:26 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yep. Everyone keeps upping their rates. I had DirecTV Now originally at $35/ month. Then it went up to $40. I kept it at that rate. Then, they changed the lineup, stuck HBO in their basic package, and bumped it up to $50. I quit them after that. I may consider Sling during football season for the Monday night games on ESPN. You can get Sling Orange or Blue for $25. One of them has ESPN, I don't remember which. But if that GearsTV works out, I'll probably just stick with it.
Im thinking Sling Blue and Disney+

You get NFLN on Sling and ESPN streaming from Disney. Its only $38
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:21 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by 007:
I'm sure they will eventually raise prices up to the point that cable will start looking good to people again. Its one of the reasons I never got caught up in cable tv shows and just stick to network programming. OTA antenna and I'm good to go.
The only land based broadband I can get is Comcast. YTTV at $50 probably isn't any cheaper than a bundle.

The only thing I want that isn't OTA are the ESPN channels for Jayhawk BB.

If I have NBCSn I would watch some NHL.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:23 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Im thinking Sling Blue and Disney+

You get NFLN on Sling and ESPN streaming from Disney. Its only $38
If I understand correctly Disney is only including ESPN+.
[Reply]
All4chiefs 06:37 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
I know there are already several threads but Im adding to it.

Our DTV bill is about to go up $60 a month to $133. Were looking at cutting cable. Wed like to add Hulu live TV, netflix, and MLB.TV. I know I can stream all three through my Xbox. It looks like I wont have AMC, NFL Network or NBC. NFL Network I can stream the Thursday night games through my xbox.

How is the quality? We have to upgrade our internet to unlimited for an extra $20/month. Provider said wed also get faster speeds.
Does anyone have MLB.Tv and use it through your Xbox?
What about DVR services?

It looks like I can get all three for around $64 a month.
I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks
[Reply]
All4chiefs 06:38 PM Yesterday
I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks
[Reply]
DaFace 10:44 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by All4chiefs:
I love my Chiefs. I now live in NC. Does anyone know what add on I need to watch Chiefs such as kctv 5? Thanks
I've read you can do it with CBS All Access and changing your browser's location. Google it for details.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up