ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Media Center>Yellowstone
srvy 09:22 AM 06-13-2018
New series to debut on Paramount network staring Kevin Costner. Trailer looks pretty good writer is Taylor Sheridan of the Sicario film series. Just my opinion but seams a loose take on Cliven Bundy.


[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:39 AM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
From the writer of Sicario , Hell or High Water & Wind River...bet your ass I'm going to watch this shit. Looks outstanding!


Yep - I was hooked after the first show of the first season. One hell of a great show!
[Reply]
sully1983 11:08 PM 08-11-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It's been happening already. https://crookedmarquee.com/taylor-sh...s-perspective/
lol that article/opinion piece was insufferable (written of course by a femi nazi) . Everything is sexist these days to these people. The fact is Taylor Sheridan is a BOSS and must be respected. And I agree ya that Hell or High Water was great. Bank robbing movies have been done to death but something about Hell or High Water was different. It felt so damn fresh. The writing was sharp as hell and had a lot of heart too.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:15 AM 08-12-2019
This is an unabashed guilty pleasure.

You have to acknowledge that this is a soap opera. It's Dallas with cows instead of oil. If you can just come to grips with the fact that there's a lot of pulp nonsense here and it probably doesn't belong in the 'peak TV' discussion or whatever else the critics like to beat themselves off about, you'll fully embrace the entire spectacle.

I started watching it for the cinematography (sucker for scenery), kept watching it because Kelly Reilly jiggles so very well and an now fully immersed in Grizzled Costner.

And I heard him do an interview - I don't know if that guy's spent the last 15 years just chain smoking marlboro reds but John Dutton is who he actually sounds like now. That's not a voice he's putting on for the show - Costner just sounds weathered as hell.

Yeah, I know I should be embarrassed for liking this show but fuck y'all. Dutton's existence is a wet dream (even if you remove the 'casual murders' part of it). The guy has a ranch the size of a small state and can pretty much pull any lever he needs to. And he ALWAYS has a line for the situation.

Love this show. And I figure Rip will have to kill a baby or something before I view him as anything but a badass. I mean sure - who doesn't have a few rough edges here and there? But that's the guy you want in your foxhole now.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:27 AM 08-12-2019
Kevin Costner's best acting performance? The Big Chill.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 10:37 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is an unabashed guilty pleasure.

You have to acknowledge that this is a soap opera. It's Dallas with cows instead of oil. If you can just come to grips with the fact that there's a lot of pulp nonsense here and it probably doesn't belong in the 'peak TV' discussion or whatever else the critics like to beat themselves off about, you'll fully embrace the entire spectacle.

I started watching it for the cinematography (sucker for scenery), kept watching it because Kelly Reilly jiggles so very well and an now fully immersed in Grizzled Costner.

And I heard him do an interview - I don't know if that guy's spent the last 15 years just chain smoking marlboro reds but John Dutton is who he actually sounds like now. That's not a voice he's putting on for the show - Costner just sounds weathered as hell.

Yeah, I know I should be embarrassed for liking this show but fuck y'all. Dutton's existence is a wet dream (even if you remove the 'casual murders' part of it). The guy has a ranch the size of a small state and can pretty much pull any lever he needs to. And he ALWAYS has a line for the situation.

Love this show. And I figure Rip will have to kill a baby or something before I view him as anything but a badass. I mean sure - who doesn't have a few rough edges here and there? But that's the guy you want in your foxhole now.
Why would you be embarrassed? It's gritty, beautiful, and appalling TV all in one hour. Cole Hauser plays it like he was born to be Rip. This show is Thuderheart meets Dallas, IMHO. I look forward to this hour every week. HBO quality series on a non-premium channel.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:44 AM 08-12-2019
It took me forever to figure out where I knew Hauser from. Then all of the sudden "Holy shit, it's Johns!!"

Yeah, Cole Hauser needed a beard and a weight training regiment. Because he looked like a slimy jackass in Pitch Black but as Rip he just looks like a boss. And he can out-grumble Costner so that's sayin' something.

I do think you're overstating the quality of the show, though - it's cornball as hell; an over the top amount of absurd melodrama. But it's entertaining cornball. Well, except for when Kayce's wife is involved. Just have her go bang her trainer, leave Tate at the ranch and we'll call it square. See what I mean? This is not a 'peak television' storyline. It's a soap opera for dudes (that my wife also likes but if she didn't, I'm watching anyway).
[Reply]
Raiderhader 11:04 AM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is an unabashed guilty pleasure.

You have to acknowledge that this is a soap opera. It's Dallas with cows instead of oil. If you can just come to grips with the fact that there's a lot of pulp nonsense here and it probably doesn't belong in the 'peak TV' discussion or whatever else the critics like to beat themselves off about, you'll fully embrace the entire spectacle.

I started watching it for the cinematography (sucker for scenery), kept watching it because Kelly Reilly jiggles so very well and an now fully immersed in Grizzled Costner.

And I heard him do an interview - I don't know if that guy's spent the last 15 years just chain smoking marlboro reds but John Dutton is who he actually sounds like now. That's not a voice he's putting on for the show - Costner just sounds weathered as hell.

Yeah, I know I should be embarrassed for liking this show but fuck y'all. Dutton's existence is a wet dream (even if you remove the 'casual murders' part of it). The guy has a ranch the size of a small state and can pretty much pull any lever he needs to. And he ALWAYS has a line for the situation.

Love this show. And I figure Rip will have to kill a baby or something before I view him as anything but a badass. I mean sure - who doesn't have a few rough edges here and there? But that's the guy you want in your foxhole now.

This pretty well sums up my feelings about/towards the show. I definitely find it more enjoyable than I probably should.
[Reply]
HemiEd 04:47 PM 08-18-2019
Love this show, all caught up now darn it. No more unwatched episodes on the DVR.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:58 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, Cole Hauser needed a beard and a weight training regiment.
Holy shit.

Never occurred to me to think anything about the guy who plays Rip IRL, until you mentioned his name and that you knew him from something.

Find out, not only is he married, but he's married to the spitting image of longtime crush Brittany Daniel.

Makes sense, since his wife is the SISTER of said Brittany Daniel, Cynthia. Didn't know she had a sister, let alone a spitting image sister.

Hubba.

If I had to guess, Hauser's fitness regimen was more about fighting off competition than any TV role. :-)
[Reply]
OmahaChief 12:10 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It took me forever to figure out where I knew Hauser from. Then all of the sudden "Holy shit, it's Johns!!"

Yeah, Cole Hauser needed a beard and a weight training regiment. Because he looked like a slimy jackass in Pitch Black but as Rip he just looks like a boss. And he can out-grumble Costner so that's sayin' something.

I do think you're overstating the quality of the show, though - it's cornball as hell; an over the top amount of absurd melodrama. But it's entertaining cornball. Well, except for when Kayce's wife is involved. Just have her go bang her trainer, leave Tate at the ranch and we'll call it square. See what I mean? This is not a 'peak television' storyline. It's a soap opera for dudes (that my wife also likes but if she didn't, I'm watching anyway).
I just figured everyone knew Rio from his portrayal as Benny on Dazed and confused.


[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:41 PM 08-21-2019
The boutique scene so cliched and ridiculous.
I get that it was a segue to something else they wanted to explore, and it was supposed to be fist-pumping in a badassery way, but it had no gravity at all.
It was after school special level manufactured drama.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up