ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 30
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Stranger Things (Netflix)...
unlurking 09:25 AM 06-10-2016
This looks great...


[Reply]
Silock 03:12 PM 07-27-2016
No wonder we all love it so much.

http://nerdist.com/stranger-things-v...nces-supercut/
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:40 PM 07-27-2016
Originally Posted by Silock:
No wonder we all love it so much.

http://nerdist.com/stranger-things-v...nces-supercut/
I think they missed a few. I mentioned it earlier but the water tank stuff is an homage to a William Hurt movie called 'Altered States'. Freaky movie.
[Reply]
listopencil 08:16 PM 07-27-2016
I'm only on episode 7/8, so if it's a spoiler please put the answer in spoiler tags, but is there any special significance to the fact that several characters keep repeating iterations of the phrase 'I'm right here with you'?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:17 PM 07-28-2016
5 minutes in and I already want to punch the kid with the weird lisp in the face
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:25 PM 07-28-2016
Damn, the kid's got a disease. I feel like a cunt right now.
[Reply]
Detoxing 04:05 PM 07-28-2016
Finished it last night. No complaints about the ending other than it being a little underwhelming.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 04:08 PM 07-28-2016
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
5 minutes in and I already want to punch the kid with the weird lisp in the face
He'll be one of your favorites by the end.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:28 AM 07-29-2016
Finished it last night. Really enjoyed it, except for one or two items during the final episode. I thought they handled the upside down world really well. A lot of times when movies attempt to deal with an alternate reality it comes off really bad and hokey.
[Reply]
TeaQue 08:21 AM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm only on episode 7/8, so if it's a spoiler please put the answer in spoiler tags, but is there any special significance to the fact that several characters keep repeating iterations of the phrase 'I'm right here with you'?
It reminded me of the Poltergeist.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:40 PM 07-29-2016
Originally Posted by TeaQue:
It reminded me of the Poltergeist.
I don't see the connection but I barely paid attention to that movie. I did finish the season, enjoyed it, I hope they can keep this going.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 03:12 PM 08-02-2016
Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.
[Reply]
frankotank 11:08 AM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I don't see the connection but I barely paid attention to that movie. I did finish the season, enjoyed it, I hope they can keep this going.
you didn't pay attention to poltergeist!

man I thought for the time it was superb....and honestly I've seen it recently and I think it holds up pretty well.

loved the stuck on the ceiling in her underwear scene. hahaha
there's just something about white cotton panties....


[Reply]
listopencil 08:12 PM 08-04-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
you didn't pay attention to poltergeist!

man I thought for the time it was superb....and honestly I've seen it recently and I think it holds up pretty well.

loved the stuck on the ceiling in her underwear scene. hahaha
there's just something about white cotton panties....

I missed out on a giant chunk of 80's pop culture at the time for various reasons.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:05 PM 08-04-2016
I plowed through this in two nights. I really enjoyed it. I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way, but there are a lot of echoes of the culture that I remember.

Also, Steve is a dead ringer for Jean Ralphio.
[Reply]
Mennonite 08:03 AM 08-05-2016
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'm about five years too young for a lot of the early 80s nostalgia to truly resonate with me in a memorable way

Don't worry - most of the people nostalgic for the 80s didn't live through them either. It's not so much a decade as a series of factoids scribbled onto idea balls for the Family Guy manatees to play with.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 30
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up