ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
sully1983 09:51 PM 12-09-2019
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:25 PM 12-12-2019
Originally Posted by Shoes:
Surprised that I haven't seen Whiplash in more lists- any one care to comment?
Whiplash was great. I think I actually had it ranked as my 11th.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:46 PM 12-12-2019
Dude if I ever have a kid who wants to be in band and have me buy an expensive ass instrument, I’m going to show him this movie.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:41 PM 12-12-2019
Definitely forgetting some but off the top of my head

1. Whiplash (by a long shot. What an awesome movie.)
2. Get Out
3. Wolf of Wall Street
4. Birdman
5. La La Land
6. A Star is Born
7. Avengers Infinity War
8. Django Unchained
9. Ex Machina
10. The Social Network

HM: The Other Guys (Favorite Comedy of the decade)
[Reply]
BWillie 04:47 AM 12-13-2019
I can honestly say I've never heard of whiplash until now
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:43 AM 12-13-2019
I would have put Whiplash in my second top 10. It is a good psychological movie much like Black Swan, but it lacked being a real thriller. Unless they pulled a Full Metal Jacket stunt and he shot JK Simmons, but that didn't happen.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:11 AM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I would have put Whiplash in my second top 10. It is a good psychological movie much like Black Swan, but it lacked being a real thriller. Unless they pulled a Full Metal Jacket stunt and he shot JK Simmons, but that didn't happen.
Ironic you cite FMJ, I haven't watched Whiplash, but the coverage struck me as 'FMJ for jazz band.' And that sapped it of appeal.

I'm sure it's well made, but I was in jazz band and it was nothing like FMJ. And I just don't have an appetite for another narrative about learning through applied trauma.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:38 AM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That is because it's a children's movie.
Sorry, I didn't realize this was the stuffy cinema snob movie thread. I'll let you get back to your intellectual circle jerk.
[Reply]
kc rush 11:35 AM 12-13-2019
I haven't seen everything out there, so I'm sure there there are plenty of movies that should be here that I missed. I still need to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

These are in no order other than Blade Runner 2049 which has become one of my favorite films ever.

Blade Runner 2049
Mad Max Fury Road
Avengers Infinity War
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Skyfall
Gravity
Arrival
Dunkirk
Moonrise Kingdom
Baby Driver
Hell or High Water
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:16 PM 12-13-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
I haven't seen everything out there, so I'm sure there there are plenty of movies that should be here that I missed. I still need to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

These are in no order other than Blade Runner 2049 which has become one of my favorite films ever.

Blade Runner 2049
Mad Max Fury Road
Avengers Infinity War
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Skyfall
Gravity
Arrival
Dunkirk
Moonrise Kingdom
Baby Driver
Hell or High Water
In my second 10 along with Whiplash, I would include Gravity and Baby Driver. There's one movie no one has mentioned and I haven't seen it. Neflix doesn't have it, and the premium channels have not shown it. It's the Sister Brothers. Has anyone seen it? I heard it was good.

[Reply]
Delano 09:28 PM 12-13-2019
In my second 10 along with Whiplash, I would include Gravity and Baby Driver. There's one movie no one has mentioned and I haven't seen it. Neflix doesn't have it, and the premium channels have not shown it. It's the Sister Brothers. Has anyone seen it? I heard it was good.

Skip the movie. Read the book.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:37 PM 12-14-2019
Not my tempo!!
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:17 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Ironic you cite FMJ, I haven't watched Whiplash, but the coverage struck me as 'FMJ for jazz band.' And that sapped it of appeal.

I'm sure it's well made, but I was in jazz band and it was nothing like FMJ. And I just don't have an appetite for another narrative about learning through applied trauma.
It's less FMJ and more of a "talented athlete dealing with a talented yet psychopathic coach" movie.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:07 PM 12-14-2019
Not in any particular order:

Sicario

The Martian

First Man

Rogue One

The Lego Movie

Flight

Guardians of the Galaxy

Captain America: Civil War

Arrival

Django

Honorable mentions:

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Sin City

Gravity
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:11 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I remember watching Drive randomly and really enjoying it but can’t, for the life of me, remember shit about the plot.

Speaking of being pleasantly surprised, Nighrcrawler with Gylenhal was a similar experience. Really good movie out of nowhere.
Nightcrawler... excellent choice
[Reply]
vailpass 06:32 PM 12-14-2019
Surprised nobody mentioned No Country for Old Men. I don't see many movies but I've seen that one more than once. Damn good.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 9
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up