ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sneed traded to Titans
RunKC 08:53 PM 03-22-2024

Trade: Chiefs are finalizing a deal to send franchise CB L’Jarius Snead to the Titans, per league sources.

Chiefs are expected to receive a 2025 3rd-round pick, in addition to a 2024 7th-round pick flop, while Snead will sign a new contract. Trade is pending physical for Sneed. pic.twitter.com/GWjyKAgxZq

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2024

[Reply]
gordonelloyd 08:09 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
My money says that future 3rd will be packaged in a trade up in this years draft.
Sorry if a repost.
Is probably going to be valued at about 30 points. It would move us up from Pick 32 to Maybe around Pick 28. A 5 pick upgrade. That is not likely to get us what we need.

Those thinking that this trade will help us upgrade this year would’ve been right if we had gotten a second round or in this year or maybe possibly even a third, although that’s not likely helpful enough. But what we got is essentially useless in improving our draft situation this year.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:13 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
Is probably going to be valued at about 30 points. It would move us up from Pick 32 to Maybe around Pick 28. A 5 pick upgrade. That is not likely to get us what we need.

Those thinking that this trade will help us upgrade this year would’ve been right if we had gotten a second round or in this year or maybe possibly even a third, although that’s not likely helpful enough. But what we got is essentially useless in improving our draft situation this year.
It could be packaged with 32+173, say, and get us ahead of the Bills. So we can troll Buffalo again, which I always get a kick out of.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:30 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I am going to miss Sneed's sneak attack jams on Tyreek Hill on run downs. God that was so satisfying. You know he now lives in Hill's head.

Edit: added video for catharsis.
One of my favorite videos of all-time!

Good luck w Titans Sneed!
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:53 PM 03-24-2024
He walks next year after a three peat this year, something that has never been done before. Much more value than what we got.
Your clueless. We will miss Sneed at CB, but we have good talent and coaching behind him. That $19.8m, signing needed players, will allow us to go into the draft with no gaping holes. WE WERE NEVER PAYING SNEED. This should be more than clear to all of us now. IF we don't get a trade better than a late 3rd next year, they rescind the tag.
[Reply]
scho63 09:00 PM 03-24-2024
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Number 4 is just silly. Sneed was the handsiest, grabbiest player in our secondary.
True but doesn't mean someone won't try using it. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:02 PM 03-24-2024

I'd probably just keep it. I'd like the extra top 100 player next year, we'll be needing to replace some good players.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 11:24 PM 03-24-2024
So now that most of us have concluded this was a terrible trade, I guess it’s time to look at what does KC do with the cap space the trade generated. IMO,

Double down on OT by getting Becton and resigning Smith.

Resign Danna

Sign 1 CB whoever comes cheapest between Howard, white, and Gilmore.

Dobbins at RB if he will come on a veteran minimum

MVS or Hardman or another FA WR on a veteran minimum

I think our overall cap space would handle the above.

In the draft go for best available re-WR, OT or tight end with the first two pics and be willing to trade down with this year‘s number three or next years number 2 if someone has fallen that we want.

We should not use the pick we got for Sneed as keeping it until next year at least gives us a top 100 pic for sure, and more likely a top 25 pic. Obviously for a list value if we use it this year.
[Reply]
Fishels 01:56 AM 03-25-2024
I’m going out on a limb here. This trade will prove genius down the line and the extra cap space will be used in a very effective way. We will use this pick on someone overlooked but extremely talented. Or we trade up and pick someone we really need.

Threepeat or no Snead earned his rings and his bag. Looking forward to seeing him try the new one on.

Wish he would have gone to the NFC though.
[Reply]
Regime 06:17 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Buns:
He’s off the books. Let Veach cook and get ready for the 3-peat.
Yep
Attached: IMG_6413.jpg (41.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Pinchshot 07:15 AM 03-25-2024
Guess this means we're going CB in round 1.
[Reply]
O.city 07:19 AM 03-25-2024
It always kinda cracks me up when the "why'd we trade him for that, we got fleeced" starts.

Do we not think they got the most they could have? Why wouldn't they?

He had more leverage here than some thought I guess. With the new contract, he could basically veto trades to teams if he said he woudln't sign new deals.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:29 AM 03-25-2024
Imagine how difficult it's going to be for Sneed to go from Mahomes to Levis , Andy Reid to Brian Callahan, Spags to Dennard Wilson etc. He got his money but I'd imagine that's all he's going to enjoy over the next couple of years.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:31 AM 03-25-2024
So now that most of us have concluded this was a terrible trade, I guess it’s time to look at what does KC do with the cap space the trade generated. IMO,

Double down on OT by getting Becton and resigning Smith.

Resign Danna

Sign 1 CB whoever comes cheapest between Howard, white, and Gilmore.

Dobbins at RB if he will come on a veteran minimum

MVS or Hardman or another FA WR on a veteran minimum

I think our overall cap space would handle the above.

In the draft go for best available re-WR, OT or tight end with the first two pics and be willing to trade down with this year‘s number three or next years number 2 if someone has fallen that we want.

We should not use the pick we got for Sneed as keeping it until next year at least gives us a top 100 pic for sure, and more likely a top 25 pic. Obviously for a list value if we use it this year.
No, many haven't concluded that this was a terrible trade. We won't know until the dust settles, but if you don't think the additional cap space makes us a better overall team, while be a little weaker at CB with our quality depth there, I don't know what to tell you.

I would be shocked if they sign a FA corner, they like what they have in house. Smith would be an obvious LT sign and then they would address in the draft. I think Becton is a huge risk with his injury history, don't know if that's worth the gamble.

Dobbins is coming off a series of injuries. So I guess bring him in on a vet min to see what he has, but CEH at the minimum after the good back up season he had would be the obvious.

Danna at a reasonable cost would be good.

We do the above, we are wide open for whatever the draft kicks our way. We wouldn't be if we would have paid Sneed.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:33 AM 03-25-2024
Originally Posted by Pinchshot:
Guess this means we're going CB in round 1.
I think Veach will try and spin his magic in the later rounds again. Most obvious is that WR and LT/RT are more important. But again, with the additional Sneed trade cap space, we can go any direction, so if a top CB fell, we have the luxury of jumping on the pick.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:34 AM 03-25-2024
I read this morning that Florio is now saying that the Chiefs should be penalized for violating the CBA because taking such little compensation implies that they never had any intentions of retaining Sneed. The CBA states that a good faith effort must be made to sign the player and that a player can't be tagged just for the intention of gaining compensation for said player.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 57
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up