ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Best Or Worst Retail Exp??????
CASHMAN 10:47 PM 01-07-2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers think they own the place they spend there money in? and why customer service has gone down hill??

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
stanleychief 12:02 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by KCChiefsMan
I'm a waitor at a restaraunt and to be quite honest with you, if you come in looking like trash, you get bad service, BUT I have my certain characteristics that I look for to determine if I'm going to give them bad service:
1) if you come in and I've served you before and I know you don't tip, then they'll just get the worst service in the world (and NO I wouldn't ever spit in the food or **** like that, just no refills and really really slow and rude service)
2) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with the confederate flag on it
3) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with Nascar on it
4) if the person has a mullet
5) if they are rude to me regardless of what you look like
6) if they are missing teeth (unless they are really polite)
7) if they look like they are in high school
8) if they are wearing dirty t-shirts
9) if they are wearing John Deer hats
10) if I just get the "I'm not getting a tip from this table vibe"

People really PISS me off when I give them good service and they leave crappy tips, I'd rather have fun with them and give them horrible service and not get a tip so they will be reluctant to come back.
Heh heh.. that was pretty funny. But to turn this around a bit on you too....

If you prejudge these people and offer poor service to these types consistently, then you are participating in a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe those type of people are tipping you poorly because they consistently receive poor service all of the time. :-)
[Reply]
PastorMikH 12:04 AM 01-08-2003
Ebola, I would venture to say that as the weath increases, so does the rudeness. And that, if a person has trouble with the rudeness displayed at a "middle-class" resturaunt, they would be quite disturbed at the way they were treated while waiting on tables in an expensive "upper-class" resturaunt.

In fact, the average working Joe looks at a waiter/waitress as someone just like himself trying to beat out a living for the family. The upper class type are much more likely to view the same waiter/waitress as nothing more than a servant that should cater to their every need.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 12:05 AM 01-08-2003
KCChiefsman - Once you have made enough customers "reluctant to come back", you can then amuse yourself by looking for another job.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:07 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pastormikh
Ebola, I would venture to say that as the weath increases, so does the rudeness. And that, if a person has trouble with the rudeness displayed at a "middle-class" resturaunt, they would be quite disturbed at the way they were treated while waiting on tables in an expensive "upper-class" resturaunt.

In fact, the average working Joe looks at a waiter/waitress as someone just like himself trying to beat out a living for the family. The upper class type are much more likely to view the same waiter/waitress as nothing more than a servant that should cater to their every need.
oh, I'd agree with you to a certain extent... but I personally believe that ALL classes have the potential to be a-holes... I've helped some richer people, and they've been as nice/down to earth as can be... I've helped people who were (seemed to be) dirt poor... and they were total jerks about everything... which is why I try to judge people not by their status, but by how they treat me... always have, but like I said, I'm an elitist a-hole :-)

-EBOLA-
[Reply]
CASHMAN 12:08 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by mmaddog
Look at your post....maybe i should repost it for you...

Secondly....

Please tell me that you have yet to graduate with your atrocious spelling and puntuation....

Yes, I think the customer is always right...especially for the Associate...the only person who should try to reason with a customer and infer they might be incorrect is the Manager. Why?
Because in most cases he is the person best equipped to handle that type of situation. Most Associates are not prepared to handle situations that arise.

And FWIW, not all Professional athletes are courteous! Ask a few of the waitresses at your local tavern.

mmaddog
Never did say customers were stupid??? and i was just asking a question if anyone had a good or bad day or EXP in a retail store?? so if i ask if you ever had a bad day with a CHIEFS PLAYER ? that makes me one? ha ha. oh well life goes on so good night.

And yes i flunked english sorry.

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
stanleychief 12:12 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pastormikh

I'd have to say you hit it on the head there.. There are some exceptions of course, but there are more poor people that are down to earth than rich. Some rich people drive me nuts, and as a result, I turn down a lot of large contracts from time to time.

In general, I'd have to say that if anyone hates the people they work with on a daily basis, then they should find another job. As a contractor, I get to choose my customers, and I take on projects in which I feel I can offer the best service. When a project goes sour, you have to just grin and bear it though and work your way through it. Keeping every customer happy keeps the referrals coming your way!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:17 AM 01-08-2003
In reading your diatribe about who you do and don't give good service to, one thing came to mind.

Do you think that you don't get good tips because of your biases?

You evidently don't live in the Eastern part of the US because if you excluded all of the people you named, there wouldn't be a table left for you to service....

So you basically won't service:

2) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with the confederate flag on it - I wouldn't blame you there
3) if the person is wearing ANYTHING with Nascar on it- That could exclude some very influential people...including people like Joe Gibbs, former NFL Coach, and various other high profile people who are sponsors of NASCAR racing Teams
4) if the person has a mullet- I've seen just as many waiters and waitresses with mullets as customers
6) if they are missing teeth (unless they are really polite) This could include anyone from the NHL, IHL, or even some NFL players along with persons who have had recent dental surgery
8) if they are wearing dirty t-shirts- i assume you work in an upper-class restaurant
10) if I just get the "I'm not getting a tip from this table vibe"- The only time you should get this is when you have provided poor service. You give good service at my table, you get a good tip. If you become scarce at my table, your tip is too

mmaddog
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:20 AM 01-08-2003
You edited your post......

In it's first incarnation you posted....

Originally Posted by :
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers are stupid and so on?????
Why deny it?

mmaddog
[Reply]
CASHMAN 12:22 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :

Why deny it?

mmaddog
Yes i edited it because maybe what you said was right, but i never said customers were stupid i asked a question. oh well i am off to bed so take care.

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
Ebolapox 12:25 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :

Why deny it?

mmaddog
:-)

-EBOLA-
[Reply]
RJ 12:26 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by stanleychief

I'd have to say you hit it on the head there.. There are some exceptions of course, but there are more poor people that are down to earth than rich. Some rich people drive me nuts, and as a result, I turn down a lot of large contracts from time to time.

In general, I'd have to say that if anyone hates the people they work with on a daily basis, then they should find another job. As a contractor, I get to choose my customers, and I take on projects in which I feel I can offer the best service. When a project goes sour, you have to just grin and bear it though and work your way through it. Keeping every customer happy keeps the referrals coming your way!
Stanleychief, you're exactly right. I'm in the flooring business and there is the occasional bad job. Most of the time I should have known better than to take it. But once I have it's best to just make it work. Some of the worst jobs turn out to be the best referrals. You'll eventually make up the $$ if you do it right.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:29 AM 01-08-2003
I can't believe Paul's attitude. I don't fit into any of those "criteria", but I find it shocking that you would be so petty. Methinks you should prolly find a different line of work. Some of the most wealthy people aren't materialistic and walk around in jeans and a t-shirt all day....

I think it's important to compliment great service at least 5x for every complaint and I go out of my way to do so (if earned).
[Reply]
PastorMikH 12:37 AM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA
Some of the most wealthy people aren't materialistic and walk around in jeans and a t-shirt all day....

Sam Walton is one example. And I'm not talking about John Boy's little borhter either. The guy went around in overalls or blue jeans about everywhere he went. Drove an old pickup too. All the while, he built the strongest retail chain of discount stores in the nation.

Actually, on the toothless bit, if a person were to try some of the "poorer" tactics of bad service to some of the redneck hillbillies that do tend to pass through, one might find himself short a few. You think bubba is just going to be content sending a burger back after he bit into a big ol' juicy haaaacker?
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:37 AM 01-08-2003
Good night...

Why didn't you just accept you said customers are stupid and say that wasn't what you meant to say?

You can't erase it..it's there in my posts....why act like you didn't say it?

Acceptance and admitting you are wrong are the first steps to recovery.

mmaddog
[Reply]
RJ 12:42 AM 01-08-2003
Of course, what kcchiefsman is talking about is pre-judging.

I spent much time in my earlier years waiting tables and tending bar. Pre-judging is a bad habit. You never know who is a tipper. And they all deserve the same service. The good tippers balance out the deadbeats. Treat everyone the same.

More importantly, have fun with your job. It's an occupation that allows you to be yourself. You'll enjoy the work more and find yourself putting more money in your pocket. I promise.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up