ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Hall of Classics>Best Or Worst Retail Exp??????
CASHMAN 10:47 PM 01-07-2003
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers think they own the place they spend there money in? and why customer service has gone down hill??

CASHMAN.
[Reply]
Phobia 05:24 PM 01-08-2003
What about smelly feet? I can't imagine somebody with smelly feet would tip well. I think waiters should be able to toss patrons in the waiting area to determine if they qualify for their services. Maybe a little interview table in which an application can be filled out and credit history reviewed.
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 05:47 PM 01-08-2003
You guys can keep flaming away on him, but at Chili's about 90% of the servers felt the same way, and do the same things.
[Reply]
RJ 07:19 PM 01-08-2003
I stayed in the restaurant/bar business for years after getting a "real job" because I enjoyed the work, the extra $$ and the fact it was great for a young man's social life, if you know what I mean. Being stiffed or poorly tipped was a rare occurence, probably because I was good at my job and had fun with it. Working in sales you deal with rejection every day. There is little rejection when you're the guy with the food and the beer.

Anyhow, as to tips, it was no coincidence that every place I worked there was alway a couple of waiters/waitresses who would pull the most tips every night. Didn't matter what section they were in, what kind of tables they got, what their customers were wearing. They didn't have deals worked out with the hostess. And they all had one thing in common. They were good at their jobs.

If you wait tables and do your job right, are nice to people and make them feel IMPORTANT they will tip you well. If you're doing your job 100% most folks would be embarassed not to.
[Reply]
memyselfI 07:29 PM 01-08-2003
I'm curious of the ages of these hardcore 'the customer sucks' folks.

Perhaps some of us were raised with the concept of customer service...

before you could purchase stuff online without stepping foot into a store or when you could talk to a real woman named Claire and not some voicemail woman.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:51 PM 01-08-2003
If you read their posts you can see they are from a totally different generation.....

What you should see is how this post was first worded by young Cashman...he even went so far as to deny that he called customers stupid...and edited his post......here is what was originally posted:

Originally Posted by :
I was just wondering if any of you had a good or bad day at a retail store? or work at one and have some info into why some customers are stupid and so on?????
Sad to say, their attitude is starting to become more prevalent amongst the spolied generation....

mmaddog
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 07:59 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by mmaddog
If you read their posts you can see they are from a totally different generation.....

What you should see is how this post was first worded by young Cashman...he even went so far as to deny that he called customers stupid...and edited his post......here is what was originally posted:

Sad to say, their attitude is starting to become more prevalent amongst the spolied generation....

mmaddog
Tell us stories from the olden days, please. ZZZ
[Reply]
Nelson Muntz 08:06 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Above_Average

Tell us stories from the olden days, please. ZZZ

Exhibit A of a poor example of today's youth. :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:26 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Tell us stories from the olden days, please.
Why is it I can always depend upon the weak of mind like you to violate the cardinal rule of survival....

"It's better to remain quiet and make people wonder if you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

mmaddog
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 08:28 PM 01-08-2003
Lighten up. You need more Metamucil in your diet. It was a joke!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:31 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Lighten up. You need more Metamucil in your diet. It was a joke
1) It wasn't a joke...it was meant as an insult on your part...

2) Don't need Metamucil....I eat enough roughage...

mmaddog
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 08:32 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by mmaddog

1) It wasn't a joke...it was meant as an insult on your part...

2) Don't need Metamucil....I eat enough roughage...

mmaddog
Yes it was a joke. Sorry if you took it as an insult. Just lighten up, pops! :-)
[Reply]
Clint in Wichita 08:34 PM 01-08-2003
Maybe this has been posted, but I think it's relevant to this thread:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3850/twelve_customers.html
[Reply]
Mosbonian 08:42 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Yes it was a joke. Sorry if you took it as an insult. Just lighten up, pops!
I'm not your dad...if i was you wouldn't be so mouthy...
[Reply]
Valiant 08:43 PM 01-08-2003
mmaddog why is it, everybody is wrong except for you... or is that because you are older and there for get some respect you probably never earned...
[Reply]
Average_Assclown 08:46 PM 01-08-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by Valiant
mmaddog why is it, everybody is wrong except for you... or is that because you are older and there for get some respect you probably never earned...
I agree, he does come off as quite the bitter old man. Don't take everything so seriously mmaddog.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up