ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 107 of 144
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:48 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Chiefs/Titans is the 1st game they do, solid breakdown.
Simms "They ran for over 200 in the first game and had to have 4 shamrocks up their ass to win it."

:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:49 PM 01-17-2020
Logan Ryan on The Herd with a “defense wins championships”.

Because the Titans defense is so awesome apparently.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:50 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Simms "They ran for over 200 in the first game and had to have 4 shamrocks up their ass to win it."

:-)
he fucking cracks me up!
[Reply]
Hboosboy 12:51 PM 01-17-2020
I’ve been thinking about this and Jeff Fisher is right...it’s over for the Chiefs. They got lucky last week that the Texans layed down for them. The Titans will win. They are unstoppable. Derrick Henry will trample is on Sunday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:51 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

He’s correct. We have the better defense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:52 PM 01-17-2020
Spagnuolo has shown over the course of the season that he would much rather stop the pass than the run and I think that will show up again on Sunday schematically.

My guess is we see lots of two high safety looks in an effort to eliminate their explosive PA pass game. Henry will get his no matter what you do, may as well limit the explosive plays.

It’s what Belichick did and if NE could have put up more than 13 points, it would have worked.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:53 PM 01-17-2020

Defense can help you win championships, for sure.

When all your D can really do, though, is defend the run? Not so much. Then it becomes matchup dependent.

The Titans have been fortunate so far to face teams that couldn't threaten the weak part of their defense - their pass D. That weakness is about to be tested to the limit.

They don't have the depth at CB or S to handle the plethora of game-breaking weapons KC can put on the field all at once. They don't have the pass rush to consistently pressure Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:55 PM 01-17-2020
Spagnuolo has shown over the course of the season that he would much rather stop the pass than the run and I think that will show up again on Sunday schematically.

My guess is we see lots of two high safety looks in an effort to eliminate their explosive PA pass game. Henry will get his no matter what you do, may as well limit the explosive plays.

It’s what Belichick did and if NE could have put up more than 13 points, it would have worked.
and let's put it this way-

remember Henry's 68 yard TD run?

Jones was at left end, too far out, couldn't close in time to close that lane and Henry busts through and rolls over poor Thornhill with a 15 yard head of steam on him.

Now, imagine that's Suggsy in there at Left end on that play.

Henry drifts left, no lane, cuts back right, and Suggs, who is much more disciplined, drops him for a two yard loss.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:55 PM 01-17-2020

[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:57 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hboosboy:
I’ve been thinking about this and Jeff Fisher is right...it’s over for the Chiefs. They got lucky last week that the Texans layed down for them. The Titans will win. They are unstoppable. Derrick Henry will trample is on Sunday.
That thumbs up was a mistake. You degenerate troll
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:57 PM 01-17-2020
[QUOTE=Chris Meck;14730124]well, yeah, I think last year's Patriots team was better than this year's. Shocking insight.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As for 'embarassed'? well I'd call a 9-7 #6 seed beating the world champs at home is a bit embarassing, yeah. Judging by all those delicious Patriot fan tears, I'd say definitely embarassed. Burn those Brady jerseys, ya fucks! LOL.
a 1-point loss is not embarrassed, regardless of how dipshit Boston fans react.

As for 'doing exactly what we all said was needed to beat the Ravens'? Nope. I think just about everyone expected that WE would have to beat the Ravens and nobody was saying that we'd have to run for 180 yards and beat them on the ground. We would've outscored them through the air; totally different gameplan. Unless you think it's a genius call to say you would have to play good run defense to shut down Jackson and force him to beat us with the pass. If that's what you mean, then yeah, okay, genius, you win.
Yeah, we had many conversations on how you beat the Ravens and it was pretty obvious: Make Lamar throw from behind. The Titans jumped out to a 14 point lead, Ingrahm left the game with a banged up calf and the rest was history. It doesn't take a genius to see that, but you apparently think you're some savant because you guessed right. Don't throw around stupid mockeries like "Genius" when you're over here banging your chest over the fucking Titans beating a team like the Patriots. GMAFB.

All you've been doing for months now is banging your chest over the Titans. Get out of here with that shit, genius.

Almost nobody was concerned with Tennessee in week 16, and certainly on this board.

I was watching Henry fucking shit up and saying, " This may be a problem for the play-offs if they get in."

So, yeah, I'll whatever you.
Bullshit yet again. A lot of people were worried about the Titans exposing our run defense. I told my wife and friends that the Titans are the only team i didn't want to play in the event we played in the Wild card round. But after further evaluation i realized there was nothing to worry about, even if Henry goes off for 180.

The more we conversate the more obvious it becomes that you're hanging your ego on the Titans success.

"I called it! I called it!"

Fool, look at the match-ups. It wasn't hard to call and no, you weren't the only one.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:03 PM 01-17-2020

Jones was at left end, too far out, couldn't close in time to close that lane and Henry busts through and rolls over poor Thornhill with a 15 yard head of steam on him.

Henry drifts left, no lane, cuts back right, and Suggs, who is much more disciplined, drops him for a two yard loss.
Ok, see....this is bullshit analysis.

Jones also had containment responsibility on the bootleg fake, which is what caused him to be out of position. Suggs wouldn't be any different. It was Ragland who over committed, not Jones.

Jones did his job on a play designed to force him to play two responsibilities. That had nothing to do with Jones' discipline.
[Reply]
JCBRAVE 01:03 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Shag:
You sure about that?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/sta...ne-scoring-pct

28th in RZ TD%. :-)
like I said, this season is a tell of two tales for this team

we are pretty stingy in the RZ

ignore it if you want, but dont be shocked when we win
[Reply]
RunKC 01:03 PM 01-17-2020

We also signed Demone Harris 2 weeks after that. He’s been a damn good run stuffing DE.

We’ve improved immensely against the run since our last meeting.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:10 PM 01-17-2020
I think KCs offense will be humming like a fine tuned radial engine.. Force Tennessee to kick a couple field goals.. Game over..
I like KC to win big in this game. With a multitude of ways for that to happen.
[Reply]
Page 107 of 144
« First < 75797103104105106107 108109110111117 > Last »
Up