ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Yes 115 82.14%
No 22 15.71%
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I like feeling included 3 2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
DaFace 09:15 AM 11-16-2019
Not really much more context needed. I just wonder sometimes after reading a lot of the comments around here.
[Reply]
Pointer19 08:59 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
You don't want to do that.

Source: dude trust me
Which part, Whiteman? :-)

Originally Posted by JakeF:
You don't want to increase the level of your dedication. That just makes the pain worse when the Chiefs screw something up. :-)
I guess it could be fun to marry a Raiders fan and sleep on the couch twice a year after rubbing a win in her face.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:26 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I used to love being a Chiefs fan. I knew every stat of every player, could tell you the college each of them went to, knew exactly what awards they had won.

2009-2012 had Pioli and Cassel put a dagger right in my heart.

To be honest... I've never fully recovered. Mahomes did a lot to heal me... but even he didn't completely fill the void.
I used to be a football junkie too and this board was a big part of it. After Matt Cassel and Alex Smith back-to-back, I lost a lot of interest in arguing about a team that was obviously going nowhere.

Mahomes has definitely increased my interest in the Chiefs but it has only slightly increased my interest in CP because in my time away, I realized I enjoy Chiefs football a lot more when I’m not talking about it 24x7.
[Reply]
MAG 10:45 PM 11-17-2019
No.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:47 PM 11-17-2019
Answer to OP - sometimes being a Chiefs fan feels like a negative compulsion.

But I remember the really bleak years, and then we were so happy to have Marty. And then we got sick of making the playoffs and losing every year.

And then most of 1999-2011 when I was wishing we could make the playoffs and lose every year.

And now we're back to that.

So I dunno.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:59 PM 11-17-2019
People come in and out of your life, you change schools, jobs, where you live but the Chiefs have always been consistent in their ability to fuck me right in the ass. I may die without seeing them win a super bowl but if I’m dead I won’t be able to watch them disappoint me either.
[Reply]
BlackOp 12:49 AM 11-18-2019
It's not really an issue of being a Chiefs fans...it's an issue with the Goodell era NFL.

If every KC game was officiated like the Packers & Vikings game...with minimal interference, I would care a lot more.

When KC started at 4-0...Goodell ushered in mugging the shit out of Kelce, officials pretending it wasn't happening, and calling 11 penalties in back-to-back games. I firmly believe this was done to keep the Raiders relevant and keep parity for the final 8 games. Chiefs could easily be 9-1/8-2 without bizzaro calls like the one in the Texans game.

It sucks...I really want to like the Mahomes era.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 05:22 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Stuck On Stupid:
You've never even seen your team live..

You have a serious mental problem, I told you years ago I saw the Raiders play the Panthers in Charlotte but you are stuck on stupid I guess.

I would take you off my ignore list but you say the same stupid stuff over and over.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:25 AM 11-18-2019
Yes but sometimes it’s hard. Ill be coming out for the Denver game first time to arrowhead can’t wait.
[Reply]
RetiredSeniorChief 11:04 AM 11-18-2019
50 years of frustration. Honestly it was easier when they just flat out stunk so many years. The Reid years are hard for me. I hated Alex Smith because he played scared, always checking down. I thought he was the limiting factor for a team with SB talent. Now they get the greatest QB in the league and they still screw it up. An offsides away from a SB! And now the defense is even worse. They are wasting the greatest window they have ever had and will ever have in my lifetime...……...the Mahomes rookie contract years. I don't have another 50 years to watch them screw up; which is a blessing when I think about it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up