ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
Yes 115 82.14%
No 22 15.71%
I'm not a Chiefs fan, but I like feeling included 3 2.14%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you enjoy being a Chiefs fan?
DaFace 09:15 AM 11-16-2019
Not really much more context needed. I just wonder sometimes after reading a lot of the comments around here.
[Reply]
Spott 06:15 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by 38yrsfan:
Lol, so much better than being a Donk fan.
I’ve seen them play in 8 Super Bowls, so I can’t imagine how being a Donkey fan wouldn’t have been more enjoyable over the past 40 years than being a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
Chiefs4TheWin 06:23 PM 11-16-2019
It's not too bad. I had the Steelers shoved down my throat when I was a kid so I'm glad I found the Chiefs. If they ever do win a Superbowl in my lifetime, all the wait will be worth it.

They do frustrate me though.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:24 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
Enjoy isn't an option; I'm loyal to a fault, but damn... this team has kicked me in the nuts more times than I can count.

If they shit the bed Monday night, I think this season is essentially wasted.

I've been a fan since I was 5. I'll be a fan until I die.

Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
Let’s give it up for Warrior 5, one of the true classic CP stalwarts
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:40 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, but would you want to be a fan on the bulletin boards of any of those other teams?

Steelers: "Wave those hand towels, boys! Wave them! Ohhhh, look at all of our towels waving! This is amaaaazing!"

Patriots: "Brady's throwing a pass." "Who caught it?" "I dunno. Maybe Brady?" "I don't think it's Brady. Didn't he throw it?" "I don't know. Look down. What number is on our cheap Chinese replica jerseys?"

49ers: "Why didn't we go for it on fourth down?" "There was a big pile of human excrement near the ball and no one wanted to fall in it."

Cowboys: "Okay, let's decide once and for all with a poll. Whose wife has the biggest hair?"

Packers: "Guy, guys. Does everyone have a plastic rendering of cheese on their heads? The game's about to start."

Giants: (Wait, the Giants have won four Super Bowls? The GIANTS?)
The Giants have won four Super Bowls?

I've always had a hard time seriously hating the Patriots... probably because 1) I don't hate teams because they're good like many people do, and 2) I don't follow 99% of the media-created sports drama that's out there... and they once beat the Raiders and Rams in the playoffs/SB with a backup QB, back when Rams fans were absolutely the worst.

I mean.... can you imagine, if the Chiefs won a few SBs, the rest of the country hating the Chiefs as much as the Patriots? In sports, you know you've made it if all other fans hate you.
[Reply]
loochy 07:03 PM 11-16-2019
At this point, I kind of understand why battered and abused wives stay with their husbands.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:04 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The Giants have won four Super Bowls?
Had to think about that one myself,but yep Denver,Bills and Pats twice
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:46 PM 11-16-2019
Not this year. We replaced Gunther with Clancy Pendergast.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:47 PM 11-16-2019
They're my team. Like my family, I was born into it. Enjoy got nothing to do with it.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:11 PM 11-16-2019
When my 74 year old aunt, whom I did not think knew anything about football, says she loves mahomes
..I enjoy being a fan.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:20 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Warrior5:
Enjoy isn't an option; I'm loyal to a fault, but damn... this team has kicked me in the nuts more times than I can count.

If they shit the bed Monday night, I think this season is essentially wasted.

I've been a fan since I was 5. I'll be a fan until I die.

Hopefully I'll enjoy it.
I said the same in another thread where some dbag was berating spoiled fans for being upset at the fact that this team CANNOT STAND SUCCESS...They shit the bed at the worst times, like on prime time.

I got no choice but to be a fan, I love it and hate it at the same time. If Mahomes cannot get this franchise to the promised land, I'm officially done.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:24 PM 11-16-2019
From a fan perspective, it's all I've ever known. I was seven about to turn eight when they won SBIV.

The playoff losses have been brutal, having to drive home in a snowstorm from Indy after the four TD lead almost did me in.

I was ten rows up with Kc Wolfman when Fisher negated the two point conversion.

I walked out of Arrowhead right after the Tripplett call, more bitter than I had ever been. Almost vowing to not go back. Just felt years of being drained. Burned out.

And then boom..draft day..hundreds of people in the practice facility, not much energy at all, compared to years past. I'll never forget when they moved up..place erupted....and I walked out to beat traffic grinning ear to ear, giddy like a little kid, knowing they had finally drafted a QB in the first round. Last time being when I was 21..I'm now 57.

Mahomes some how reignited the magic of the Chiefs that I felt as boy...Proud of my hometown team.

I'm proud that our owner brought black players into the AFL, competed with and help created the current league.

I'm proud that he coined the term Super Bowl.

I'm proud that his name is on the AFCCT.

I'm proud that the team and city is very well represented in the HOF, despite the lack of current Championships.

Mahomes kind of feels that way to me too.

He makes us respectable.
He makes the game fun to watch.

Like others have stated, I'm not nearly as emotionally invested as I used to be. That alone makes it more fun...

Who knows what the future holds, and we might not win it all, but at the very least we'll look damn good doing it.

:-)
[Reply]
KCTitus 10:48 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
From a fan perspective, it's all I've ever known. I was seven about to turn eight when they won SBIV.

The playoff losses have been brutal, having to drive home in a snowstorm from Indy after the four TD lead almost did me in.

I walked out of Arrowhead right after the Tripplett call, more bitter than I had ever been. Almost vowing to not go back. Just felt years of being drained. Burned out...
Dude...I cannot imagine the pain of having physically been there and dealing with that. I saw it on TV and my fandom was shaken. You, sir, are a much better fan than I am.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:53 PM 11-16-2019

I walked out of Arrowhead right after the Tripplett call, more bitter than I had ever been. Almost vowing to not go back. Just felt years of being drained. Burned out.

And then boom..draft day..hundreds of people in the practice facility, not much energy at all, compared to years past. I'll never forget when they moved up..place erupted....and I walked out to beat traffic grinning ear to ear, giddy like a little kid, knowing they had finally drafted a QB in the first round. Last time being when I was 21..I'm now 57.

Mahomes some how reignited the magic of the Chiefs that I felt as boy...Proud of my hometown team.

I'm proud that our owner brought black players into the AFL, competed with and help created the current league.

I'm proud that he coined the term Super Bowl.

I'm proud that his name is on the AFCCT.

I'm proud that the team and city is very well represented in the HOF, despite the lack of current Championships.

Mahomes kind of feels that way to me too.

He makes us respectable.
He makes the game fun to watch.

Like others have stated, I'm not nearly as emotionally invested as I used to be. That alone makes it more fun...

Who knows what the future holds, and we might not win it all, but at the very least we'll look damn good doing it.

[Reply]
RunKC 10:58 PM 11-16-2019
I mostly enjoy being a Chiefs fan from February through December, then in January I get to get fucked over like the rest of this fan base in some embarrassing new way.

I had stopped caring as much as my younger years, but Mahomes has brought my passion back bc I now know we have our best shot of winning with him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 PM 11-16-2019
Mahomes some how reignited the magic of the Chiefs that I felt as boy...
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up