ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What one bargain Aldi Item do you find top quality?
srvy 08:01 AM 05-10-2019
I use Aldi for quite a few items that are budget priced offering great quality and value.

My choice at one time would have been the pork roll breakfast sausage for B&G but they have changed many suppliers and what is offered now is greasy tasteless trash.

My one item isnt even food. Its a 7.99 coffee conical burr grinder. I Thought for price worth a try but 3 years later its not trash in fact its a workhorse that wont die.

ill admit I am off for my annual wellness checkup the first with new Doc the old retired. Sweating out whether he will be a butt pirate. The old wasn't he left that for the professionals and tossed me the stool sample kit.
[Reply]
banecat 09:55 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
I buy the big can for like $1.39 add some Black Market BBQ Sauce,onion yellow mustard and garlic salt and bake for about an hour.Delicious.
I'll need to give that a shot
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 11:25 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by KurtCobain:
I have no idea why, but when I was a kid my mom never bought milk or cheese from Aldi, so as an adult I never have either. Everything else is a yes though. Love that place.
The cheese Aldi brings in from Europe is quite good and at a very good price in comparison.
[Reply]
Monkey God 11:34 PM 11-16-2019
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The cheese Aldi brings in from Europe is quite good and at a very good price in comparison.
I second this... Love the Aldi specialty cheeses...great product at great prices. Got a hatch white cheddar today.
[Reply]
trndobrd 08:52 AM 11-17-2019
Fresh produce is usually a good deal. I use a lot of their canned fire-roasted tomatoes in soups, meat and pasta. Cheeses, frozen pizzas, and German roasted coffee are all great.

I've got a kid with a peanut allergy. The Aldi candy and chocolate is imported from Europe where they use hazel nuts in everything, so it doesn't contain peanuts or get processed in facilities with peanuts.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:06 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by trndobrd:
Fresh produce is usually a good deal. I use a lot of their canned fire-roasted tomatoes in soups, meat and pasta. Cheeses, frozen pizzas, and German roasted coffee are all great.

I've got a kid with a peanut allergy. The Aldi candy and chocolate is imported from Europe where they use hazel nuts in everything, so it doesn't contain peanuts or get processed in facilities with peanuts.
Holy crap where have YOU been?

It’s been at least 5 years or more
[Reply]
patteeu 10:34 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

The Tolerance Box, apparently.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:38 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
The Tolerance Box, apparently.
Touché
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:46 AM 11-17-2019
Wasn't it someone here on CP saying that their local ALDI carries bottles of cocktail sauce from St. Elmo's Steakhouse?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:54 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Wasn't it someone here on CP saying that their local ALDI carries bottles of cocktail sauce from St. Elmo's Steakhouse?
They did for a while, but my particular one they didn't move so they liquidated them.

they originally had them for like $5.50-6.00 a bottle, and I picked up their last 4 for $1.50 a bottle.

EDIT - Here's an old link

http://offers.kd2.org/en/us/aldi/pepiz/
[Reply]
lewdog 10:57 AM 11-17-2019
Kosher pigs feet.
[Reply]
chinaski 11:34 AM 11-17-2019
Over the summer, my local Aldi had Home Run Inn Frozen Pizza, those things are GOOD. Wish they still had them.

They have these chicken kabobs in the frozen section that are pretty good on the grill...Those seam to be a seasonal item as well (Summer). Good to grill them up with a fresh salad and some Pita Bread.
[Reply]
banecat 01:31 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
I second this... Love the Aldi specialty cheeses...great product at great prices. Got a hatch white cheddar today.
Yes and yes. Their packaged special deli meats and cheeses have been really good
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:51 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:

Still drop in on game day, but no time for much more.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:18 AM 11-18-2019
Their Chocolate cake is really good...most cakes in general are good
Their chocolate in general is superior to most American brands

We try to do the majority of our grocery shopping there.
[Reply]
MrCasual 04:40 AM 11-18-2019
Wait, there's other places to shop other than whole foods?
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up