ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What one bargain Aldi Item do you find top quality?
srvy 08:01 AM 05-10-2019
I use Aldi for quite a few items that are budget priced offering great quality and value.

My choice at one time would have been the pork roll breakfast sausage for B&G but they have changed many suppliers and what is offered now is greasy tasteless trash.

My one item isnt even food. Its a 7.99 coffee conical burr grinder. I Thought for price worth a try but 3 years later its not trash in fact its a workhorse that wont die.

ill admit I am off for my annual wellness checkup the first with new Doc the old retired. Sweating out whether he will be a butt pirate. The old wasn't he left that for the professionals and tossed me the stool sample kit.
[Reply]
xbarretx 10:55 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Aldi is a German owned company. Their bratwurst is very good, so is the marinated turkey breast. And their house brand beer is good if you buy the stuff brewed in Europe. They make a knock off of Shiner Bock made in Belgium that's excellent, and a german lager that's actually brewed in Germany, both are very good. But beware, some of their other beers are brewed in Rochester NY by the same people who make Genessee. Their cheeses are OK too.
True and in Munich they have an aldi brand Jager! I got plenty of beer from them when we lived in Munich. My fav part was the big soft pretzels you can buy in there. It looked like a wall that was a big vending machine and you pressed a button and a baked pretzel appeared!
[Reply]
chinaski 11:01 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Never stepped foot inside an Aldi’s. There is one three miles from our house. Am I missing out? For some reason I thought they were like the Dollar General of grocery stores.
It's a GREAT store. Remember to bring a Quarter to 'rent' the Shopping Cart, you also have to bag your own groceries. You get your Quarter back after you are done with their cart...this prevents them from having to hire a person to round up carts in the parking lot, helping to keep prices low.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:04 AM 05-10-2019
Aldi has great chocolate.

I go there to buy my almonds, single serve guac (for lunch at work), and their riced cauliflower (dollar cheaper, at least, than any other store).

I think the best thing I've ever gotten there, however, were these Tandori BBQ chips. Who would of thought of putting Indian food/flavoring on a potato chip?
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:06 AM 05-10-2019
The cashier's ass
[Reply]
emaw82 11:37 AM 05-10-2019
Their Friendly Farms brand french onion dip is by far the best around, and it is always in stock. I was hesitant to try Aldi at first. I figured it'd be like a crappier Wal-Mart. We're hooked, though. It is our main store for weekly grocery shopping. We can get 95% of what we need there.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:46 AM 05-10-2019
That extra, unnecessary, midwestern "s" on the end.
[Reply]
Fish 11:49 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

I go there to buy my almonds, single serve guac (for lunch at work), and their riced cauliflower (dollar cheaper, at least, than any other store).

I think the best thing I've ever gotten there, however, were these Tandori BBQ chips. Who would of thought of putting Indian food/flavoring on a potato chip?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MLHM76...qid=1501540871

:-)
[Reply]
Graystoke 11:51 AM 05-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:

Shit I forgot about those. Very yummy Chips
[Reply]
scho63 12:07 PM 05-10-2019
The closest Aldi is in California and I'm not driving that far to save .70 on a gallon of milk.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:18 PM 05-10-2019
Raspberry lemonade is really good. Cured meats and cheeses are great.

Their version of Rice Krispies should be avoided, though.
[Reply]
threebag 03:33 AM 05-11-2019
They had boneless skinless chicken breast for $1.59 a pound a couple weeks ago. I go for the avocados and browse the aisles while I am there. Dairy is good I have picked up milk for $.99 a gallon.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:26 AM 05-11-2019
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
Never stepped foot inside an Aldi’s. There is one three miles from our house. Am I missing out? For some reason I thought they were like the Dollar General of grocery stores.
If you’re not shopping Aldi, you’re paying way more than you should for 75% of your basic groceries

Eggs, milk, cheese, most meats just to name a few... but to answer the op, I’ll put Clancy’s potato chips up against any name brand out there
[Reply]
tyecopeland 06:18 AM 05-11-2019
My wife loves the winking owl moscato. It's 2.99.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:10 AM 05-11-2019
Anyone have inside info on the production process for the 'carryout' pizzas at Aldi? The big ones with the open-face boxes for 4.99-6.99?

I mildly noted that they looked similar to WalMart's carryout pizzas, then my interest was piqued when both Aldi and WalMart came out with the Philly Cheesesteak pizza within weeks of each other.

I don't doubt both are produced 'fresh frozen' at nearby 'ready to eat' food production plants, but I wonder now if both product lines are made at the same plant.
[Reply]
Pablo 07:13 AM 05-11-2019
I don't shop at Aldi very much. Maybe once a year or so I'll stop in one and browse around. I did buy some chicken salad with cranberries and some other stuff there once, and I still think about it years later because it was fucking awesome as far as premade chicken salads go.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up