ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 324
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 06:45 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by mcaj22:
He also liked David Amerson... first. Signed him as soon as he was cut by the Raiders in February. Then he liked Fuller, then nobody on Day 1 of the draft. Then realized his first love Amerson was a huge mistake a ran and got Scandrick and traded for Ward

So his CB haul last year was:

Amerson
Fuller
Tremon Smith
Scandrick
Ward

What grade does that get?
You gotta realize these guys were playing for Sutton. We may not know fully what we have in fuller and Ward. Amersons contract was created to be real low risk and we were able to release him with not much wasted. Smith was brought in to be a returner until he learned the defense, wasn’t meant to have a large role. Scandrick was a patchwork signing that I’d imagine Sutton had something to do with, seeing as how reid had to make a change Sutton wasn’t willing to do bc he hates playing young players.
[Reply]
New World Order 06:48 PM 01-24-2019
Ward looks like a pretty good pickup
[Reply]
staylor26 06:51 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Ward looks like a pretty good pickup
And if we go sign a Trumaine Johnson or Malcolm Butler we’re still sitting here wondering about the future at that position with no Sammy Watkins.

Instead, Veach was patient/selective, continued to look for upgrades and we went from Amerson to Scandrick to Ward.

Now, we can either draft or sign a corner and if Ward wasn’t a fluke you’ve revamped your CB group in two offseasons in a cost effective manner.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 06:51 PM 01-24-2019
Let Nelson walk. Stick with ward and fuller. Let smith keep developing and draft a CB in the top two rounds. Outside of that bring in a vet on a cheap contract chasing a ring who’s familiar with spag
[Reply]
RunKC 06:52 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good for him. When you end up with ****ing trash like Amerson, Scandrick, and Parker with starting roles in your secondary you have completely screwed the pooch somewhere along the way.
Kendall Fuller, Charvarious Ward, Jordan Lucas. How ‘bout those guys?

It’s not Veach’s fault that Sutton was hellbent on keeping Parker on the field. It’s also not Veach’s fault that his gameplanning sucked complete ass and was incredibly difficult to learn for everyone.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:53 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Ground Control to Major Tom....we would be playing in the SB if DF lines up properly.
Fair point.

So if Spagnuolo was just a little better than Sutton. Just better enough to have a disciplined defense. A defense that doesn't make stupid penalties and we're in the super bowl.
[Reply]
Steron 06:53 PM 01-24-2019
In with the new guy same as the old guy. I mean, why interview college talent when you can have a Reid yes-man? Jesus. At least make it look like your are looking. I'm sick of the recycled slapdicks.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:53 PM 01-24-2019
His last 4 seasons as a DC:

Total Defense - 32nd, 32nd, 21st, 31st
Scoring Defense - 31st, 30th, 2nd, 27th
Rushing Defense YPG - 32nd, 24th, 3rd, 27th
Passing Defense YPG - 31st, 32nd, 23rd, 31st
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 06:56 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Steron:
In with the new guy same as the old guy. I mean, why interview college talent when you can have a Reid yes-man? Jesus. At least make it look like your are looking. I'm sick of the recycled slapdicks.
I’m not a huge fan of this hire but this dude shut down brady twice in the SB when they had a way better offense than what they have now. He ran a terrible saints defense after the staff was suspended for a targeting scandal. Rams had trash when he got hired. That doesn’t tell the whole story.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:57 PM 01-24-2019
It took us 25 years to move on from niners retreads behind center. How long will it take us to stop signing retread failed defensive coordinators?
[Reply]
TRR 06:58 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

Seems convenient for you to leave out his earlier work.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 06:59 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It took us 25 years to move on from niners retreads behind center. How long will it take us to stop signing retread failed defensive coordinators?
Can a change of scenery not bring back the coach that stopped brady twice? I wouldn’t rule it out. His situations the past 3 stops we’re terrible
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:00 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by TribalElder:

He took over for a team going thru a targeting scandal and dumbass Ben Mcadoo’s mess. Include that in your stats
[Reply]
JakeF 07:03 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Steron:
That's what people are really afraid of.

I imagine Andy even interviewed one of our black coaches to fulfill the Rooney rule. Nothing like doing the bare minimum to find a new coach.
[Reply]
wazu 07:04 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
He took over for a team going thru a targeting scandal and dumbass Ben Mcadoo’s mess. Include that in your stats
Glad he has good excuses.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 324
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up