ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 56
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:43 PM 04-27-2018
Andy watched every one of his games cause veach liked him so much
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:45 PM 04-27-2018
Hey haters

[Reply]
Easy 6 06:46 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

Whoa, a 305 pound OLB sounds mighty big... Levon Kirkland 2.0?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:46 PM 04-27-2018
#Chiefs coach Andy Reid just said that Veach has "wore him out" with several players over the years...specifically naming LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, and Patrick Mahomes.

Not a bad list...and Breeland Speaks is now on that list. - @ChiefsReporter
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:47 PM 04-27-2018
Waited all this time for this shitty pick?

I mean, I guess it fills a need somewhat, so okay, but did you really have to trade up to get this JAG that would have been there at 54?

It’s like we wanted to just give away the pick we acquired in the Alex Smith trade . . . .

Dumb.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 06:47 PM 04-27-2018
Andy compared him to Tamba, Suggs and Calvin Pace
[Reply]
Dante84 06:49 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
My draft guide has this to say...

Pros - Speaks played all over the D line at Ol Miss, and he has the blend of size and movement skills to be used in a similar way in the NFL. Good mover for a 300 pounder who locates the ball quickly, and shows outstanding range when when chasing plays in pursuit. Seemingly has upside as a pass rusher, as he typically had no game plan and poor technique, but was still able to disrupt the backfield

Cons - Speaks is very raw. It often looks like he is stepping onto a football field for the first time from a technique standpoint. Shows little as far as hand use goes, gets too upright and often seems to be chasing plays as if he is a linebacker in space. While his football character isnt problematic, he has had multiple ejections, and an off field DUI in 2016

Summary - If he can grasp the technical aspects of the job, he has the upside to be a quality 3 down player as a 5 technique in an odd front, or on the interior, or as an edge setting end in a 4-3

Not too overwhelmed with this at the moment

While I have no problem with building from front to back, his profile isnt really screaming out to me... lotta mehs in there, but he does sound somewhat like a Jones clone with his potential versatility
Can you imagine if he would have had an on-field DUI? Lord.
[Reply]
TEX 06:50 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
#Chiefs coach Andy Reid just said that Veach has "wore him out" with several players over the years...specifically naming LeSean McCoy, DeSean Jackson, Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, and Patrick Mahomes.

Not a bad list...and Breeland Speaks is now on that list. - @ChiefsReporter
Except Speaks is not in that class. Not even close to it. He is JAG.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:51 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Except Speaks is not in that class. Not even close to it.
You should have told Veach that.....he might not understand how to do this as well as some of you do.
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:51 PM 04-27-2018
Oh noes! A reach! Come back Dorsey!
[Reply]
RunKC 06:51 PM 04-27-2018
5th best interior pass rusher in CFB per PFF. Sounds like they plan on rotating him inside in subpackages and having him as a backup option at OLB.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:51 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Can you imagine if he would have had an on-field DUI? Lord.
The tire tracks on the field alone........:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:52 PM 04-27-2018
Originally Posted by TEX:
Except Speaks is not in that class. Not even close to it.
Based on fucking what? None of them had played a snap in the league when Veach was pumping them up to Reid.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:52 PM 04-27-2018
This is what you have right here, a guy who is most likely a strong side OLB in this scheme, so that means they are prepping for life without Houston or moving him to the other side...

I think immediately what it is, is a team that is completely doubling down that if Dee Ford is hurt Frank Zombo isn't on the field again.

I also think it has a lot to do with that nickel sub package they sit in 50% of the time, they seem to be trying to get dudes who are versatile enough to play in that package and not make running to easy.

Don't be surprised if a speedy LB is taken sometime today for that same reason.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:52 PM 04-27-2018
Bleh. Hope I'm wrong.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 56
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up