ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 53 of 79
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should the Chiefs have drafted Watson over Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 01:08 PM 10-01-2017
Another strong game today for Watson. 3 TDs against the Titans so far.

Kid just seems to have 'It'.

Discuss.....
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:58 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
The whole "Mahomes vs Watson" thing left me not liking Deshaun much tbh and hoping Pat outshines him every week. But when I look at it without biased eyes he was amazing In his rookie season before the injury...and he came back and had a decent season last year. He's obviously good with his feet and has the ability to have magical moments like the late TD he threw against the Saints before the Saints stole it in the end...or that TD he threw the other day when he got his on the eye kicked. No doubt when he's In the mood he's a top ten QB for sure.

But, whilst he does have big moments, he also has some pretty bad games too. Pat had to be flawless almost every week last season to win the MVP and yet people were putting Watson's name into the mix this year despite having very poor games against Carolina, The Jaggs and Indy (where he threw a late pick to lose the game). Now today he faced a good defense and again he was found wanting.

As for Jackson...when a team takes away the run and clamps down in his tight ends then it's gonna be very interesting to see how he copes. He's having the time of his life right now but sooner or later some DC is gonna find the code to shut him down like the Chargers did In the playoffs and then we will see if he's for real.
Jackson is a lot of fun to watch, but it’s only a matter of time before these rushing attempts catch up to him. My fear for him is that it’ll start with one devastating freak-ish injury (landing odd, getting rolled up, etc) and snow ball from there. He may lose a bit of his athleticism after the first injury and then not be able to evade the hits like he can now.

I hope that isn’t the case, but history shows that QBs with a heavy run element to their games don’t last. There’s a reason running backs are typically done at 30 and guys like Brady, Brees, Manning play into their 40’s.

Hope he can adjust and just use the run to get out of trouble, but that is going to require a major change in mindset. It’s also going to take a coach that can see the bigger picture, even in the heat of a game. Sometimes, there are more important things than picking up a key 3rd and short.
[Reply]
DRM08 10:17 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Even if we lost Pat to the first team wanting him (Saints), we would be in a good spot with Watson.

He’s not Pat, but he’s still really good. He’s a top 10 QB for sure and Andy would help him look better here.

I think Andy liked Watson and Pat and would have liked either here, but Andy saw in Mahomes what he saw in Favre many years ago.
I think he saw something better than Favre. Brett was extremely talented, but by his own admission he was an idiot in terms of football IQ. Reid said they tried to bury Mahomes during the draft interviews, and he aced their tests. He's a lot smarter kid than the supposed experts claimed before the draft.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:20 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Jackson is a lot of fun to watch, but it’s only a matter of time before these rushing attempts catch up to him. My fear for him is that it’ll start with one devastating freak-ish injury (landing odd, getting rolled up, etc) and snow ball from there. He may lose a bit of his athleticism after the first injury and then not be able to evade the hits like he can now.

I hope that isn’t the case, but history shows that QBs with a heavy run element to their games don’t last. There’s a reason running backs are typically done at 30 and guys like Brady, Brees, Manning play into their 40’s.

Hope he can adjust and just use the run to get out of trouble, but that is going to require a major change in mindset. It’s also going to take a coach that can see the bigger picture, even in the heat of a game. Sometimes, there are more important things than picking up a key 3rd and short.
Why can’t we just enjoy his greatness without worrying about how long it will last?

I mean, if I were a Ravens fan, I guess id be concerned, but I’m Not so I’ll just appreciate watching his skill set while it lasts.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:25 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Why can’t we just enjoy his greatness without worrying about how long it will last?

I mean, if I were a Ravens fan, I guess id be concerned, but I’m Not so I’ll just appreciate watching his skill set while it lasts.
I will enjoy watching him throw ducks all over the field while Mahomes shows the world what a real quarterback plays like and we beat the Ravens for a third straight time.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:08 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

And why can't we root for these choads to fail because they're opposing QBs in the same conference as Mahomes?

NO NO NO CAN'T DO THAT YOU HAVE TO ENJOY WATSON AND JACKSON PLAYING AND YOU HAVE TO CHEER FOR THEM AND HOPE THEY WIN SUPER BOWLS AND SHIT OR ELSE YOU'RE A RACIST HOMOPHOBE WEIRDO!!!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:27 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
And why can't we root for these choads to fail because they're opposing QBs in the same conference as Mahomes?

NO NO NO CAN'T DO THAT YOU HAVE TO ENJOY WATSON AND JACKSON PLAYING AND YOU HAVE TO CHEER FOR THEM AND HOPE THEY WIN SUPER BOWLS AND SHIT OR ELSE YOU'RE A RACIST HOMOPHOBE WEIRDO!!!!!
I won't lie. I thoroughly enjoyed it when the Ravens beat the brotherfucking cheatriots.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:41 PM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
And Mahomes > Jackson.

Yes!

[Reply]
Willie Lanier 12:04 AM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Amen.

Welcome to the world of idiocy in which EVERYONE gets an opinion...

And every snowflake is special and shouldn't be criticized for said opinion...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:53 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Deberg thread bump for the lulz
Originally Posted by 007:
Can we nuke this thread. These bumps are not necessary.
I'm not one for thread erasure at all, but this one just makes the entire board look retarded by association. It really should be eradicated.

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Pat would crush with Baltimore’s team. Got a feeling Lamar would look pedestrian with our team. Defense, O line, run game, Patrick wouldn’t know what to do.
Exactly. The day Mahomes gets a balanced team to run with, come see me about your "derp-derp-derp Mahomes could NEVER win as many titles as Brady"-horse shit.

Originally Posted by Willie Lanier:
Amen.

Welcome to the world of idiocy in which EVERYONE gets an opinion...

And every snowflake is special and shouldn't be criticized for said opinion...
Say whatever the fuck you want. Just be prepared to back it up.

That's how this works, Kimosabbe.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:29 PM 11-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I won't lie. I thoroughly enjoyed it when the Ravens beat the brother****ing cheatriots.
This. Just having another team in the AFC that can at least punch the Patriots in the nose is a good thing. And I also thoroughly enjoyed watching the Ravens pound the Patriots' defense into the turf. The excuses the Pats fans cried about were nearly as enjoyable.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:56 PM 12-01-2019
Any more opinions on this after their respective performances this week?
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 09:59 PM 12-01-2019
:-)
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
No.......... dumbass
[Reply]
FlorentinePogen 10:01 PM 12-01-2019
No, any opinions on this cat, though?

[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:02 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by FlorentinePogen:
No, any opinions on this cat, though?
10/10 good chonker
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:03 PM 12-01-2019
No, but you definitely should've been aborted.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 79
« First < 3434950515253 5455565763 > Last »
Up