ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Ford Motor Company - Mustang SUV and all electric at $45k
Mephistopheles Janx 10:25 AM 11-18-2019
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/17/b...ctric-suv.html

I'm all for Ford getting into the all electric game and doing something to compete with Tesla... but why use the Mustang badge on an electric SUV???
[Reply]
el borracho 06:44 PM 11-18-2019
Early Mustang fastbacks were supercool and I've always liked the look of the 1970 Volvo P1800 wagons, so I think it is possible to make a sporty, 4 door suv Mustang. Not sure they got the aesthetics right this time around, though. Back end looks cool, but the front looks just like a Mazda.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:51 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm impatiently awaiting the Tesla Truck reveal this week. It sounds like it is going to be a monstrous thing that looks crazy. I want that. I want cars to look crazy and not like boring bulbous ****ing turds. I understand part of that is because of safety regulations, and also because most americans have zero taste or much interest in aesthetics, but come the **** on, we can 3D print shit now in nearly all mediums.

Give me an electric car with a see through cover like a lambo, but it shows some sort of insane tesla coil throwing off arcs or some shit.
City people that buy pick-ups for cool factor might be interested in an electric P/U, but the vast majority of farmers and ranchers or people like myself that spend a lot of time in the woods and mountains probably won't be. Cost will be a big factor.

For myself, I'm not interested in trying to drive a battery-powered pick-up through and/or down streams, up and down mountain goat trails 100 miles from the nearest paved road. Thanks but no thanks.
[Reply]
TribalElder 06:55 PM 11-18-2019
ugly.af , send it to the glue factory and start over :-)
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:07 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
City people that buy pick-ups for cool factor might be interested in an electric P/U, but the vast majority of farmers and ranchers or people like myself that spend a lot of time in the woods and mountains probably won't be. Cost will be a big factor.

For myself, I'm not interested in trying to drive a battery-powered pick-up through and/or down streams, up and down mountain goat trails 100 miles from the nearest paved road. Thanks but no thanks.
I would love an electric Ford Ranger. I live in Rayville any my house is exactly 15 minutes from anything. I would be able to use it all through my property, go fishing, load up a deer, I can load up my trees, and never have to drive 15 minutes to get gasoline. Just keep that fucker charged at home and off we go. 230 miles gets me to KC and back for games and BBQ.

Outside of how much it would cost... it would be the ideal vehicle for a homesteader like me.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:10 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I would love an electric Ford Ranger. I live in Rayville any my house is exactly 15 minutes from anything. I would be able to use it all through my property, go fishing, load up a deer, I can load up my trees, and never have to drive 15 minutes to get gasoline. Just keep that ****er charged at home and off we go. 230 miles gets me to KC and back for games and BBQ.

Outside of how much it would cost... it would be the ideal vehicle for a homesteader like me.
Let me guess. Flat, maybe some dirt roads. No volcanic rocks sticking up out of the bottom of a creekbed or the mountain trails just waiting to poke a hole in the battery covers.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:16 PM 11-18-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Let me guess. Flat, maybe some dirt roads. No volcanic rocks sticking up out of the bottom of a creekbed or the mountain trails just waiting to poke a hole in the battery covers.
You just described most farmers and ranchers in Missouri with flat dirt roads and no volcanic rocks sticking up out of the bottom of a creekbed. As for mountain trails, assuming charging at a mobile station, I would definitely take something like that on a trail in the Ozarks.

Mind you, I wouldn't be trying to rock crawl with this thing or treat it like an H1.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up