ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 163
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 12:28 PM 08-29-2017
So...hunting seasons are coming up soon. Dove, youth deer, teal, etc.

Anybody still have good dove numbers, or has the cooler weather already sent them south?
[Reply]
tooge 12:34 PM 08-29-2017
Lots of dove still around my farm near Pattonsburg. The moon phases show the deer bow opener to be really strong as far as activity goes. I've found those to be pretty accurate too.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:48 PM 08-29-2017
Looking forward to some late September dove hunting in northern Kansas this year.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 01:40 PM 08-29-2017
Upland numbers looking great in Kansas, quail especially (except where major hailstorms rolled through).

Mule deer numbers still suck. Some SW Kansas units only get a 1-day doe season this year, others not at all.

Lots of doves in the roads and on power lines, but the wet, mild conditions might make windmill hunting less than ideal.
[Reply]
Iowanian 08:16 PM 11-10-2017
After essentially a 2 year hiatus from bow hunting due to work, I made a priority to make myself get out there. I've been freezing my ass off this week but I've been sitting with mixed results.

I've seen a few bucks and have passed a couple of have been thrilled to get in the past but I'm really trying for a good one right now. Yesterday I got close and had an awesome 12 that would score big numbers at 60 yards for about half an hour. He was behind me with a doe rubbing on a tree behind brush so no shot, but man it was a blood pumper. Wind was wrong there today so I went after one I've been trying for on my own farm. No luck.

The first couple days out I got busted by wind. I'd been careful, washing myself in the right soaps and my cloths which I kept in a container. Deer gets down wind....busted.

I decided to think outside the box and tried so,thing. Ew the last two days and it has been great so far. Instead of the anti scent.....I fired up my bee smoker with pine needles. I smoked my back pack, boots, cloths in the container and then when I'm dressed.

Today I had three bucks down wind that didn't even flinch. I'm sold.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:29 PM 11-10-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
After essentially a 2 year hiatus from bow hunting due to work, I made a priority to make myself get out there. I've been freezing my ass off this week but I've been sitting with mixed results.

I've seen a few bucks and have passed a couple of have been thrilled to get in the past but I'm really trying for a good one right now. Yesterday I got close and had an awesome 12 that would score big numbers at 60 yards for about half an hour. He was behind me with a doe rubbing on a tree behind brush so no shot, but man it was a blood pumper. Wind was wrong there today so I went after one I've been trying for on my own farm. No luck.

The first couple days out I got busted by wind. I'd been careful, washing myself in the right soaps and my cloths which I kept in a container. Deer gets down wind....busted.

I decided to think outside the box and tried so,thing. Ew the last two days and it has been great so far. Instead of the anti scent.....I fired up my bee smoker with pine needles. I smoked my back pack, boots, cloths in the container and then when I'm dressed.

That’s a hell of a good idea.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 08:39 PM 11-10-2017
Anytime I'm pasture hunting, blind or no blind, I always set up next to an evergreen. Works great in breaking up your outline, and the tree's scent will block out yours.
[Reply]
Sofa King 07:33 PM 12-18-2017
Looking at buying a gun safe for the house. Looking for a decent fire resistant one. 40 guns would be nice, I don’t have that many but it leaves room to add more and room for other things. Thoughts and suggestions?

I was looking at this one. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005

Another question. I’d like to put it in my basement and obviously never move it then. Anyone ever hire someone to move it? How much do you think that would cost? Other thoughts ideas on that?

Maybe spend 800 or less on it.
[Reply]
Groves 08:16 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Looking at buying a gun safe for the house
Feel free to suggest the important qualities for someone buying a much smaller (10-12) safe.

Maybe I should just hang around the safe section of the stores, knowing the guys buying the 40-gun models may just have a smaller one about to be for sale?
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:22 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Groves:
Feel free to suggest the important qualities for someone buying a much smaller (10-12) safe.

Maybe I should just hang around the safe section of the stores, knowing the guys buying the 40-gun models may just have a smaller one about to be for sale?
Everything I was reading on the 10-12 gun safes is that they barely fit half that if you have any scopes or anything. I want to have room to store ammunition and other personal objects in it too.

They also say people who buy smaller safes are gay and have smaller penises.
[Reply]
Groves 08:30 PM 12-18-2017
They also say people who buy smaller safes are gay and have smaller penises.

The holidays are busy times, so all you get is the outline.

*firearms compensator retort goes here*

*pet ramp building reference here*

*audi-o-file comeback here*
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:56 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Groves:
The holidays are busy times, so all you get is the outline.

*firearms compensator retort goes here*

*pet ramp building reference here*

*audi-o-file comeback here*
Good point. I’m eager to do this again in a different thread very soon. Hopefully it derails that thread quickly and drags in others.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 10:19 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by Iowanian:

Good stuff. I killed my best ever buck in early October. Been bored as shit since. This weather sucks. I want a fat doe in freezer buy not at 55 degrees
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 10:24 PM 12-18-2017
Looking at buying a gun safe for the house. Looking for a decent fire resistant one. 40 guns would be nice, I don’t have that many but it leaves room to add more and room for other things. Thoughts and suggestions?

I was looking at this one. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005

Another question. I’d like to put it in my basement and obviously never move it then. Anyone ever hire someone to move it? How much do you think that would cost? Other thoughts ideas on that?

Maybe spend 800 or less on it.
Depending on your house construction, might be a bad idea to put it in the basement.

Fire-resistant or not, it would burn up in a total loss house fire. Also, a basement can have lots of temperature and moisture variation, to say nothing of potential flooding.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:47 PM 12-18-2017
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Good stuff. I killed my best ever buck in early October. Been bored as shit since. This weather sucks. I want a fat doe in freezer buy not at 55 degrees
Pics?

I love looking at big bucks, since I can't shoot any myself.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 163
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147 > Last »
Up