ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Water Only Fasting. No food for 10 days
Eureka 01:50 PM 01-21-2021
I'm currently on a water only type fast which means no food and only water. I plan on fasting for 10 days and I'm currently on day 7. I feel great right now physically and I'm just mentally thinking of food periodically lol but no real hunger pains. After day 3 I get a big boost of energy and I feel spry. My body feels younger with less drag if that makes sense. I'm able to complete all my daily tasks without being tired.

Last Thursday night I had my last meal (intake of calories) which consisted of Beef Broth. I weighed 238lbs that night and as of this morning I weighed in at 224lbs. I originally started fasting few years back due to a digestion issue the doctors couldn't figure out. A 7 day fast cured that medical issue and I've been doing a fast every year since. I think a lot of people should try water fasting at least once in their life. There are so many Medical benefits with water fasting.

CP'ers will be disappointed or maybe even happy for me in that I haven't taken a crap in 5 days.

Thought it would be cool topic for discussion. Anyone here tried or know of anyone trying this kind of fasting? Any health benefits happen?

EDIT: Added a documentary that is a must watch! It's very interesting information regarding the science of fasting. It shows what other countries do and it inspired me to do my first 7 day fast. Let us know what you think of the Documentary.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:47 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
No didn't change my body comp as that will take a few months of clean eating and working out. I do FEEL much better physically though.

Good stuff for your health :-) The first 3 days were the hardest of my 10 day fast.

Tomorrow have some hot water and a large pinch Himalayan salt. Might cause you to have the Hershey squirts and clean that system out.
I add a little lemon and cayenne pepper to spruce things up...
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:48 AM 01-27-2021
Damn 10 days?

I've heard of people doing this for 72hrs, but damn not 10days.

Tried this once and after about 2 days I start getting jitters and headaches. Was really hard to sleep.
[Reply]
kepp 10:52 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Damn 10 days?

Tried this once and after about 2 days I start getting jitters and headaches. Was really hard to sleep.
I've done 5 days before. Days 2 and 3 are definitely the hardest...or at least they were for me. Once you get past that it actually gets a lot easier. I mean, you're still hungry, but you start feeling better physically.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:06 AM 01-27-2021
Fasting has got to be the dumbest fucking thing I've ever heard. If you are fat, eat less calories per day. Exercise. It's not fucking rocket science. In fact, losing weight is the easiest thing in the world to fucking achieve. It's not a secret how to do it.
[Reply]
kepp 11:13 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Fasting has got to be the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. If you are fat, eat less calories per day. Exercise. It's not ****ing rocket science. In fact, losing weight is the easiest thing in the world to ****ing achieve. It's not a secret how to do it.
Fasting solely to lose weight isn't smart, I agree. Chances are you will quickly regain. But most long-term fasting isn't about weight loss. It's about "resetting" the body, and there are many success stories. It's obviously a pseudo-science, so I understand the skepticism.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:44 AM 01-27-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
I add a little lemon and cayenne pepper to spruce things up...
Maybe, suggest he adds some coca as well. I think you're on to something here rabble.

Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Damn 10 days?

First few days are the hardest. When I was on day 10 I felt great and wasn't at all desperate to break my fast.

Originally Posted by kepp:
I've done 5 days before. Days 2 and 3 are definitely the hardest...or at least they were for me. Once you get past that it actually gets a lot easier. I mean, you're still hungry, but you start feeling better physically.
The days get easier as they go by. I'm sure there is a breaking point for everyone though. I have never reached that point but have only gone 10 days.

Originally Posted by BWillie:
Fasting has got to be the dumbest ****ing thing I've ever heard. If you are fat, eat less calories per day. Exercise. It's not ****ing rocket science. In fact, losing weight is the easiest thing in the world to ****ing achieve. It's not a secret how to do it.
The documentary will explain a lot to you. Best feeling I get from fasting is I feel more youthful/spry. Weight loss is not the main goal for me but just a by product of what happens. I fast to cleanse every year. I started this about 5 years ago after I had some digestion issues. Fasting cured those issues and I've done a prolonged fast every year since. There's also a mental aspect of it to which is hard to explain.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 01:35 AM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Maybe, suggest he adds some coca as well. I think you're on to something here rabble.

First few days are the hardest. When I was on day 10 I felt great and wasn't at all desperate to break my fast.

The days get easier as they go by. I'm sure there is a breaking point for everyone though. I have never reached that point but have only gone 10 days.

The documentary will explain a lot to you. Best feeling I get from fasting is I feel more youthful/spry. Weight loss is not the main goal for me but just a by product of what happens. I fast to cleanse every year. I started this about 5 years ago after I had some digestion issues. Fasting cured those issues and I've done a prolonged fast every year since. There's also a mental aspect of it to which is hard to explain.
It cleans your body out and gives a quicker response and a mental clarity, more energy...

I've heard that by the time most American men die that have POUNDS of undigested red meat in their colons, so cleaning that thing out is always a decent enough recommendation.
[Reply]
scho63 01:01 PM 02-02-2021
Started my water/Gatorade Zero/Powerade Zero/ lemon water, lime water/water with cucumber and mint/decaf coffee liquid endurance fast yesterday.

My record is 18 days with no food and a 24 pound weight loss.

I'm looking to reach at least 21 days with no food and a 35 pound loss to jump start my 2021 goal of getting back to where I was in mid 2017. I hadn't felt that good in years and now I feel like complete shit again.

No acid reflux last night and slept great. I'm excited by the challenge and the prospect of being in great shape again later this year.

For anyone who has never struggled with weight gain, don't tell us how water fasting is stupid. It is not...:-)
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 06:04 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by BWillieScared:
Oh shaddup already and go get some vaccines. There are many healthy reasons to fast whether you are daily fasting and eating inside a window or longer fasting. You are really unbelievable.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:21 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Oh shaddup already and go get some vaccines. There are many healthy reasons to fast whether you are daily fasting and eating inside a window or longer fasting. You are really unbelievable.
IF sure the rest is bro science bullshit
[Reply]
scho63 08:48 PM 02-03-2021
Just completing the first 72 hours. Feel great, staying hydrated and had sound sleep two nights in a row for the first time in a while.

No acid reflux and feel so less bloated.

Stomach grumbling from time to time but getting past easily.

Sunday night during Superbowl will be one full week with no food.

I'm excited and feel motivated to shed 100 pounds this year and get in the best shape of my life.

It's the reason I moved to Scottsdale on the first place.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:55 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Just completing the first 72 hours. Feel great, staying hydrated and had sound sleep two nights in a row for the first time in a while.

No acid reflux and feel so less bloated.

Stomach grumbling from time to time but getting past easily.

Sunday night during Superbowl will be one full week with no food.

I'm excited and feel motivated to shed 100 pounds this year and get in the best shape of my life.

It's the reason I moved to Scottsdale on the first place.
Doing great. Are you in touch with your doctor on this or just doing it on your own?
[Reply]
scho63 09:11 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Doing great. Are you in touch with your doctor on this or just doing it on your own?
Doing it on my own.

This will be the 4th water fast I've completed.

Last one was 18 days, 10 before that.
[Reply]
scho63 08:16 AM 02-04-2021
Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 13.4 pounds since Sunday night.

Mostly the loss is gut waste, a little water weight and a little fat.

From now on it will be only fat loss and much less weight every 3-4 days.

Feel great so far.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:25 AM 02-04-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Weighed myself this morning and I'm down 13.4 pounds since Sunday night.

Mostly the loss is gut waste, a little water weight and a little fat.

From now on it will be only fat loss and much less weight every 3-4 days.

Feel great so far.
That's awesome. I just hope you're consulting your doctor in this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against it, I'm just wanting you to do it safely and your doctor be in the know about how you've chosen to proceed.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up