ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 553 of 791
« First < 53453503543549550551552553 554555556557563603653 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:42 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We're, what, $6 million in cap space to runningbacks that we wouldn't have been but/for releasing Hunt? And we still have a chunk of Hunts deal in dead money.

After accounting for all that and the fact that we'd have had SOMEBODY here as a cheap backup, it was at least a $4 million cap hit when accounting for replacement costs.

To avoid a 'distraction' in an information cycle with the attention span of a housecat?

He undeniably put the chiefs in a tough spot, but they handled it in the worst way possible, IMO.
This is quibbling, but are you factoring in that had we kept Hunt, we'd still be out a starting RB for 8 games, so it would have made sense to re-sign Damien Williams anyway?

And 8 games is a long time to go with being only 1-2 deep at the RB position, so we probably would have drafted a dude anyway? Maybe even signed Hyde as well?
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:43 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Has this been posted yet? https://twitter.com/leroyinsider/sta...010057728?s=21

PFTCommenter saying that KC has very strong interest in Clowney... (through his dog’s account)
Wtf is this? Lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If it's about PR, then Clark's doing this wrong.

Again - this wasn't even a domestic violence situation. He didn't beat on someone he had a trust relationship with.

He shoved a mouthy drunk chick. Who fucking cares? Nut up, Clark - tell the howling masses to pound sand and when you win a home playoff game, nobody gives a shit anymore.

He handled that with the nuance of a pole axe, man.
It's about Kareem Hunt having a drinking problem and a propensity for violence. The "video" was one of THREE incidents in the same offseason.

And then he LIED about what happened. The opioid addicts I help lie all the time. You know why? Because they don't want to admit they have a problem.

The Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt because they wanted him to focus on getting help. They even said as much. That's called "doing the right thing". It shows they actually care about him as a human being.

Of course, that's a foreign concept to many fans. These guys are just gladiators, give us more blood!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:45 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Wtf is this? Lol
PFTCommenter gets random drops of info from ‘sources’ and then likes to release it through his dog Leroy as a joke... making his pooch an NFL Insider. But the funniest part is he gets shit right.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:46 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're absolutely right if it's only about football.

It isn't.
And at the time, it wasn't.

Run that exact same scenario post 2018? "Fuck you NFL, MAKE us release this player".

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:46 AM 03-15-2019
what's the temperature on Clowney to KC around here? I"m not sure I like it at his cost.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:46 AM 03-15-2019
It's about Kareem Hunt having a drinking problem and a propensity for violence. The "video" was one of THREE incidents in the same offseason.

And then he LIED about what happened. The opioid addicts I help lie all the time. You know why? Because they don't want to admit they have a problem.

The Chiefs cut Kareem Hunt because they wanted him to focus on getting help. They even said as much. That's called "doing the right thing". It shows they actually care about him as a human being.

Of course, that's a foreign concept to many fans. These guys are just gladiators, give us more blood!
And it’s a RB no less... I just can’t lose much sleep over it when Damien Williams was producing at essentially the same level if not higher. Hope Kareem gets help and has success (except for against KC). Moving along.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:47 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
This is quibbling, but are you factoring in that had we kept Hunt, we'd still be out a starting RB for 8 games, so it would have made sense to re-sign Damien Williams anyway?

And 8 games is a long time to go with being only 1-2 deep at the RB position, so we probably would have drafted a dude anyway? Maybe even signed Hyde as well?
I don't think we'd have been without him for 8 games if we kept him on the active roster and then had him inactive through the playoffs. I believe the NFL would've given us a 'credit' for that.

Now yes, that's completely speculative, but it makes sense. And in that case I think they sign maybe Hyde OR Williams, but not both. And they could just as likely try to find their next 'Williams' type back knowing that they don't need to overpay for a guy for just a handful of games.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:47 AM 03-15-2019
PFTCommenter gets random drops of info from ‘sources’ and then likes to release it through his dog Leroy as a joke... making his pooch an NFL Insider. But the funniest part is he gets shit right.
Trading for Clowney would add credence to the espn speculation on trading for a franchise tag rusher
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:47 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
what's the temperature on Clowney to KC around here? I"m not sure I like it at his cost.
Not sure what said cost would be
[Reply]
staylor26 08:47 AM 03-15-2019
Lol we’re not getting Clowney
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:47 AM 03-15-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
And at the time, it wasn't.

Run that exact same scenario post 2018? "Fuck you NFL, MAKE us release this player".

I find it very odd that the NFL told the Chiefs not to worry about the video, they'd take care of it. And then they didn't.

I know Clark won't do it, but Goodell needs taken to task for that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:48 AM 03-15-2019
Not sure what said cost would be
A higher draft pick and more money than the Ford trade, most likely.

I don't like it.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:49 AM 03-15-2019
I just have no faith that’s what they’re up to right now
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:49 AM 03-15-2019

Again, that's an over-correction.

If the Chiefs can't help the guy deal with his alcoholism without terminating their rights to him long-term, then they need to address that internally. By cutting him outright, they're throwing their hands up and saying "well, he's somebody else's problem now..."

I don't believe for a minute that they let him go for his own good.
[Reply]
Page 553 of 791
« First < 53453503543549550551552553 554555556557563603653 > Last »
Up