ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2649 of 3903
« First < 1649214925492599263926452646264726482649 265026512652265326592699274931493649 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 06:32 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
But Sweden is a completely different country altogether.

They don't have the same amount ethnic diversity nor do they have extreme poverty. They also have a healthcare system for all (not trying to argue policy, just stating facts).

It's a very, very, very different country than the United States.
I dont' disagree but it seems that many on here want to use Sweden in one form or another to prove one point or another.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 06:33 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think Pete's using covidly. Not sure about chitown.
I stand corrected. I was mis-remembering something i saw earlier.
[Reply]
petegz28 06:34 PM 07-17-2020
Agreed.

We're almost back to a complete lockdown here so it'll be interesting to see when the number of cases begin to descend.
Let's assume you lock down again. To what end? Until a vaccine is found? What will you go back too? How are people going to survive in the meantime?

I get what you're saying but to say we need to lock down now and figure out everything else later seems like a not so good plan.

No easy answers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:41 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Let's assume you lock down again. To what end? Until a vaccine is found? What will you go back too? How are people going to survive in the meantime?

No easy answers.
It's already pretty close, man.

Today, Newsom ordered that all schools in state will be online only for the foreseeable future, which to me indicates that we'll be like this until there's a safe and effective vaccine.

As for other businesses such as gyms, hair and nail salons, bars and restaurants - who knows? I absolutely agree that it's going to hurt millions of individuals and families for as long as it lasts and it just sucks that there's no end on the horizon.

As you said, there are no easy answers. This just blows.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 07:10 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
I think Sweden showed that the Emperor has no clothes.

They brought R below 1 with no business closures, school closures or masks.

The two things they did wrong were protection of nursing homes where 73% of their deaths happened and they coded deaths too liberally so that everyone who died with Covid was counted. I would count those differently and then you have almost the perfect strategy.
And even though they didn't do business closures, it turns out a lot of people stay home when the virus surges.

Their economy has fallen as much as Denmark who has one tenth the deaths per capita.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:24 PM 07-17-2020
Not sure if accurate but I have seen her on Fox News several times and she has leaned towards the "doom and gloomer" side if you ask me so a bit surprised to see her post this

BREAKING: Health officials from numerojs states have mistakenly included positive results from antibody tests when reporting new COVID-19 cases to the CDC, grossly inflating new cases. The scientific equivalent to “double dipping.”

— Nicole Saphier, MD (@NBSaphierMD) July 17, 2020

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 07:27 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
And even though they didn't do business closures, it turns out a lot of people stay home when the virus surges.

Their economy has fallen as much as Denmark who has one tenth the deaths per capita.
There will be negative consequences because all of the world is connected to their economy. But at least they didn't have the government picking winners and losers as we did here in the US. We are now having a massive consolidation and small business owners are getting wiped off the map.

I am in NY but can do business anywhere in the US. If I was facing the public or retail I would strongly consider leaving NY. Cuomo is crushing business out of existence here.
[Reply]
petegz28 07:27 PM 07-17-2020
Twitter on fire tonight I guess. I don't tweet much so...

"My name is Brian C. Procter MD and I am a Board-Certified Family Physician in McKinney, Texas. I am a colleague of Dr. Ivette Lozano...I understand that you are trying to get the truth out about hydroxychloroquine"#COVID19 full text below

Link to videohttps://t.co/Fm0NklBujP pic.twitter.com/ggFy5Tw6e4

— lisamichelle12_ ������������⭐️⭐️⭐️ (@lisamichelle124) July 17, 2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:27 PM 07-17-2020
Not sure if accurate but I have seen her on Fox News several times and she has leaned towards the "doom and gloomer" side if you ask me so a bit surprised to see her post this
This was reported by the New York Times on May 22, so either she's regurgitating old news in order to stay relevant or she's the only person who has this information.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...tests-cdc.html

C.D.C. Test Counting Error Leaves Epidemiologists ‘Really Baffled’

As it tracks the coronavirus’s spread, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is combining tests that detect active infection with those that detect recovery from Covid-19 — a system that muddies the picture of the pandemic but raises the percentage of Americans tested as President Trump boasts about testing.

Now that serology tests, which look for antibodies in the blood of people who have recovered, are more widespread, C.D.C. officials said Friday they would work to separate them from the results of diagnostic tests, which detect active infection. One of the agency’s data tracker websites has been lumping them together.

Stunned epidemiologists say data from antibody tests and active virus tests should never be mixed because diagnostic testing seeks to quantify the amount of active disease in the population. Serological testing can also be unreliable. And patients who have had both diagnostic and serology tests would be counted twice in the totals.

“It just doesn’t make any sense; all of us are really baffled,” said Natalie Dean, a biostatistician at the University of Florida.
[Reply]
R Clark 07:28 PM 07-17-2020

That’s a pretty big screw up, you would think they would have shit together by now.
[Reply]
Monticore 07:28 PM 07-17-2020

I get what you're saying but to say we need to lock down now and figure out everything else later seems like a not so good plan.

No easy answers.
If people Would be responsible and reasonable we could stay somewhat open.

You can have a family BBQ but don’t have 85 people over have ten , where a mask when required don’t yell at the cashier about having to where it , if you have symptoms stay home try and do take out instead of eating in etc it is doable .
[Reply]
petegz28 07:35 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:

You can have a family BBQ but don’t have 85 people over have ten , where a mask when required don’t yell at the cashier about having to where it , if you have symptoms stay home try and do take out instead of eating in etc it is doable .
You are gonna have a hard time telling people they can't have a funeral while letting 1,000's rampage across the city. People tend to think you are full of shit when you say you can't have more than 10 people but then let several thousand "protest".

Right or wrong it's just human nature.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:35 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:

Where a mask!
[Reply]
petegz28 07:35 PM 07-17-2020
This was reported by the New York Times on May 22, so either she's regurgitating old news in order to stay relevant or she's the only person who has this information.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/22/u...tests-cdc.html

C.D.C. Test Counting Error Leaves Epidemiologists ‘Really Baffled’

As it tracks the coronavirus’s spread, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is combining tests that detect active infection with those that detect recovery from Covid-19 — a system that muddies the picture of the pandemic but raises the percentage of Americans tested as President Trump boasts about testing.

Now that serology tests, which look for antibodies in the blood of people who have recovered, are more widespread, C.D.C. officials said Friday they would work to separate them from the results of diagnostic tests, which detect active infection. One of the agency’s data tracker websites has been lumping them together.

Stunned epidemiologists say data from antibody tests and active virus tests should never be mixed because diagnostic testing seeks to quantify the amount of active disease in the population. Serological testing can also be unreliable. And patients who have had both diagnostic and serology tests would be counted twice in the totals.

“It just doesn’t make any sense; all of us are really baffled,” said Natalie Dean, a biostatistician at the University of Florida.
Like I said, I have no idea of the accuracy.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:36 PM 07-17-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
That’s a pretty big screw up, you would think they would have shit together by now.
That assumes they want to publish the truth.
[Reply]
Page 2649 of 3903
« First < 1649214925492599263926452646264726482649 265026512652265326592699274931493649 > Last »
Up