ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 48 of 56
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Skyy God 03:17 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He just RT'd it, too.

Dare I say it, Taco/Speaks could be an upgrade over Ogbah and Suggs.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:39 PM 08-12-2020
Some of us never gave up hope on a rookie changing positions, being coached by Bob Sutton, who had pressure rates on par with Tamba Hali before getting injured.

Speaks is my adopt-a-chief.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:21 PM 08-12-2020
holthus didnt rave about speaks that is a bad sign .
[Reply]
BWillie 04:26 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
He just RT'd it, too.

I think he's either going to become really good or DFA.

He either needed that weight to bull rush and fight through blocks,...or he needed to shed it to get faster.

We will see.

But keep fucking doubting Breeland fucking Speaks!
[Reply]
BWillie 04:29 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Or Taco Charlton is gunning for Speaks' job
If Taco Charlton's name was Stuart Anderson and went to a MAC school would we even give a shit about who this guy is?

Taco Charlton is a nobody. Just because he was a name in college doesn't mean he's going to be good now.

Cool name.
Big school.
Notoriety.

Sucks.

There are a long list of those guys who failed out of the NFL.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:00 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If Taco Charlton's name was Stuart Anderson and went to a MAC school would we even give a shit about who this guy is?

Taco Charlton is a nobody. Just because he was a name in college doesn't mean he's going to be good now.

Cool name.
Big school.
Notoriety.

Sucks.

DGAF, I trust him more so than Speaks on Charlton's measurables alone with Clark's blessing that Taco is going to succeed
[Reply]
Shoes 05:10 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Cool name.
Big school.
Notoriety.

Sucks.

I would argue Taco had at least some resemblance of production at the NFL level last season with the Dolphins (bad team albeit). Weeks 3-7 he had 4 sacks through those 5 games. I don't know if Taco will be a guy to rave about but honestly Speaks and Taco are pretty much in the same boat. Both guys who were drafted in the top end of the draft and haven't lived to expectations. Anyone's guess if either of them become a useful player or if they both fall into obscurity.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:12 PM 08-12-2020
Better late than never.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:20 PM 08-12-2020
Speaks is going to beast this year (don't know if that's exactly how you use 'beast' but whatever).

Uncle Bob basically depth charged his career from Day 1, and he knows he has to prove himself this season or he's probably out of the league, and probably bagging groceries or something, so he has to produce in 2020. And he has the prerequisite physical and mental abilities already; he just needs to get down to a razor sharp focus and execute.

And I got a feeling that's what he's going to do once he gets on the field.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:35 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Just watched one college highlight reel. I like his inside move, his recognition, and his quick trigger. I'm going all in. Speaks is going to blow up this year. 8+ sacks, 8+ TFLs, 8 PDs.

Mark it down.
Let's pump the breaks there, tiger. If Speaks picks up 6 sacks, we should all be thrilled. If he wraps his arms around Tom Brady again and actually takes him to the ground this time, we should all do cartwheels. That's progress and it's a great first step.

Veach saw something in him, and at this point that has to count for a lot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:40 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Let's pump the breaks there, tiger. If Speaks picks up 6 sacks, we should all be thrilled. If he wraps his arms around Tom Brady again and actually takes him to the ground this time, we should all do cartwheels. That's progress and it's a great first step.

Veach saw something in him, and at this point that has to count for a lot.
Hahaha, I was wondering when someone was going to comment on my 8s!

Obviously those projections are probably inflated a bit. Especially the PDs; that'd be a ton of PDs for any part-time player. And I'm pretty sure that Speaks won't start to begin the season.

But I got stuck on "8" somehow the other night, so in a fit of goofiness, I went with it.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 05:51 PM 08-12-2020
How good is he at jumping on boxes?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:01 PM 08-12-2020
I recently re-watched several games from the 2018 season and Speaks flashed fairly often but couldn't finish a ton of plays due to his lack of mobility and speed.

His instincts are there and his tackling is fine but he really needed a year to re-shape his body.

I'm not making any predictions for him but I won't be surprised if his play and contributions are greatly improved from the 2018 season due to his apparent weight loss, which should result in increased speed, endurance and agility.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:26 PM 08-12-2020
Speaks was unfortunately a result of old man Werthers playing him at ****ing LB. Of course he looked like a fat, slow POS. What 280lb+ DL isn’t looking like that against RB’s in the flat?

I think there’s a big void in the inside rush that Speaks can take advantage of. Nnandi isn’t an effective pass rusher. Saunders hasn’t proven that either. Pennel isn’t a pass rusher either. Tanoh is really it and and he seems more effective at DE to me bc his height is hurting his pad level when he’s playing inside.

Speaks was an above average athlete for a DT. For comparison, Chris Jones 10 yard split at the combine was 1.68 seconds while Breeland Speaks was 1.64.

Aaron Donald’s 10 yard split was 1.59 seconds. Speaks is really not that far behind in terms of raw numbers. He has ability and athleticism, he was just lazy last year.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 06:48 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Speaks was unfortunately a result of old man Werthers playing him at ****ing LB. Of course he looked like a fat, slow POS. What 280lb+ DL isn’t looking like that against RB’s in the flat?

I think there’s a big void in the inside rush that Speaks can take advantage of. Nnandi isn’t an effective pass rusher. Saunders hasn’t proven that either. Pennel isn’t a pass rusher either. Tanoh is really it and and he seems more effective at DE to me bc his height is hurting his pad level when he’s playing inside.

Speaks was an above average athlete for a DT. For comparison, Chris Jones 10 yard split at the combine was 1.68 seconds while Breeland Speaks was 1.64.

Aaron Donald’s 10 yard split was 1.59 seconds. Speaks is really not that far behind in terms of raw numbers. He has ability and athleticism, he was just lazy last year.
It doesn't speak (pun police) very highly of him if his measurables are somewhere in the neighborhood of Chris Jones and Aaron Donald but he could barely even sniff the field.
[Reply]
Page 48 of 56
« First < 384445464748 49505152 > Last »
Up