ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 92
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About the Bills (AFC Championship Edition)
cmh6476 05:11 PM 01-17-2021
They're pretty good
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:41 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs squeaked out a win against a shitty Falcons team and struggled at home against the Broncos though. What am I supposed to take from those games?

In terms of talking about the MVP or something, sure.

But in terms of what it matters in this matchup, I don't really care about it.
That they played down to their competition? That they were saving plays for the playoffs? That they were doing just enough to win?

There's all kinds of scenarios for explaining those games. The difference is that while the Chiefs struggled with the Falcons, they throttled the Bucs and beat the Saints.

The Bills haven't beat anybody even remotely close to those two teams all year.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 04:41 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There is ZERO chance more people in Iowa are rooting for the Packers than the Chiefs.

This is Chiefs country. I see gear everywhere. The Packers don't even register. There's more Bears and Vikings fans here than Packers.
Sadly the Packers are pretty well represented here in the East side of the state.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:43 PM 01-20-2021

[Reply]
Marcellus 04:44 PM 01-20-2021
The Chiefs squeaked out a win against a shitty Falcons team and struggled at home against the Broncos though. What am I supposed to take from those games?

They didn't really struggle against the Broncos they put up 447 yards of offense on a pretty good defense. They just got too cute in the redzone and had some penalties there as well that relegated them to FG instead of TD's.

I chock up the Atlanta game to getting the shit beat out of them in NO the week before.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:44 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
They didn't really struggle against the Broncos they put up 447 yards of offense on a pretty good defense. They just got too cute in the redzone and had some penalties there as well that relegated them to FG instead of TD's.

I chock up the Atlanta game to getting the shit beat out of them in NO the week before.
Yep.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:45 PM 01-20-2021
Exactly.

The Browns were "scary" leading up to the game. Hunt and Chubb were going to destroy the KC defense.

They both averaged 5.3ypc which is really freaking good but you can't run the ball enough when you're down 19 -3 at halftime.
Take Chubb’s longest run away and his average goes to under 3 something. I know that’s cherry picking, but it was like a 25-30 yard scamper that made that huge difference.

Outside of a couple 3rd quarter runs, they did a great job containing he and Hunt.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:51 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Take Chubb’s longest run away and his average goes to under 3 something. I know that’s cherry picking, but it was like a 25-30 yard scamper that made that huge difference.

Outside of a couple 3rd quarter runs, they did a great job containing he and Hunt.
The Chiefs defense also had several sticks for loss. Our DB's played lights out all day.
[Reply]
TEX 04:52 PM 01-20-2021

That the Chiefs play better against better teams? :-)

To me it comes down to the fact that no other team beat as many top 10 teams as the Chiefs did. When the playoffs started, KC was the only team to have beaten 4 playoff teams (all on the road I might add) and 3 of those 4 teams were ranked top 5 DVOA, and the Ravens were 6th. That's pretty significant.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:53 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:

To me it comes down to the fact that no other team beat as many top 10 teams as the Chiefs did. When the playoffs started, KC was the only team to have beaten 4 playoff teams (all on the road I might add) and 3 of those 4 teams were ranked top 5 DVOA, and the Ravens were 6th. That's pretty significant.
Very significant.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:03 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, we talked all week about the Browns having no answer for Kelce, and they had no answer for Kelce.

The fun part leading up to every game is reading and listening to all of the theories on the match ups and then seeing if the team figured it out (or if the other team failed to execute on it).

Browns fans brought some of that to the table and were very aware of their team's weaknesses and possible ways they might cover for them, and what they would need to exploit the Chiefs' weaknesses (and if they could).

This week it's "we're different than week 6". Okay..... so, they won't play exactly like they did in week 6. [b]Duh.[/b/]. It would be nice to get a bit deeper on their theories with a shred of awareness when it comes to their strengths and weaknesses outside of "Josh Allen is MVP".
I thought the Browns fans were very reasonable when it came to the mismatches. They definitely knew this was a tough task, and while most of them want their team to win (I mean, who doesn't right?), they were pretty honest with themselves with the notion that it was probably too much for them.

But not these Bills guys....you nailed it on "we're different", and here's been my frustration going all the way back to Week 9 when this Daquix guy showed up: They all want to "talk football", then ignore the obvious football questions they should be answering or at least discussing. But they won't or don't.....

I mean, we get it: your Bills have had a great season, have played some good ball, you think it's destiny, and nobody can stop them in route to the Super Bowl (yeah, sounds like the Chiefs in 2018 right?).....but when it comes to the questions I keep asking, they don't want to talk about it or purposely ignore it.

In short, none of them are here to talk football, because if they were, they'd be able to at least (in a rudementary sense) explain how the AFCCG is going to differ from the first matchup.....and it ain't because a few role players are back in the line up or that they are a "different team" than when we last rolled them.

Finally, I think it was on CBS Sport where one of the writers mentioned that teams that won the regular season matchup winner were like 7-2 in the playoff rematch (last 5 years maybe?).... will have to see if I can find that. The point being is that it is more rarity that the team that lost in the regular season wins the rematch. Of course, last season, the Chiefs did it twice, resulting in the 2 Ls
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 05:06 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:

The Chiefs get bored playing inferior opponents. Period. For the past couple of years now they tend to jump off the page the most (especially offensively out of the gates) when they feel they have something to prove @Ravens, @LV, @Bucs @Saints, last week playoff game vs. Browns
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:09 PM 01-20-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I thought the Browns fans were very reasonable when it came to the mismatches. They definitely knew this was a tough task, and while most of them want their team to win (I mean, who doesn't right?), they were pretty honest with themselves with the notion that it was probably too much for them.

But not these Bills guys....you nailed it on "we're different", and here's been my frustration going all the way back to Week 9 when this Daquix guy showed up: They all want to "talk football", then ignore the obvious football questions they should be answering or at least discussing. But they won't or don't.....

I mean, we get it: your Bills have had a great season, have played some good ball, you think it's destiny, and nobody can stop them in route to the Super Bowl (yeah, sounds like the Chiefs in 2018 right?).....but when it comes to the questions I keep asking, they don't want to talk about it or purposely ignore it.

In short, none of them are here to talk football, because if they were, they'd be able to at least (in a rudementary sense sense) explain how the AFCCG is going to differ from the first matchup.....and it ain't because a few role players are back in the line up or that they are a "different team" than when we last rolled them.

Finally, I think it was on CBS Sport where one of the writers mentioned that teams that won the regular season matchup winner were like 7-2 in the playoff rematch (last 5 years maybe?).... will have to see if I can find that. The point being is that it is more rarity that the team that lost in the regular season wins the rematch. Of course, last season, the Chiefs did it twice, resulting in the 2 Ls
:-)

They "just wanna talk football" when in reality they want us to tell them the Bills are going to win.

Serious inferiority complex. 20 years of Patriot dominance has damaged them.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:09 PM 01-20-2021

In short, none of them are here to talk football, because if they were, they'd be able to at least (in a rudementary sense sense) explain how the AFCCG is going to differ from the first matchup.....and it ain't because a few role players are back in the line up or that they are a "different team" than when we last rolled them.

:-)

They "just wanna talk football" when in reality they want us to tell them the Bills are going to win.

Serious inferiority complex. 20 years of Patriot dominance has damaged them.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:11 PM 01-20-2021
They sound like our resident mule toolers..And will run away just like they all did too
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 05:12 PM 01-20-2021
That they played down to their competition? That they were saving plays for the playoffs? That they were doing just enough to win?

There's all kinds of scenarios for explaining those games. The difference is that while the Chiefs struggled with the Falcons, they throttled the Bucs and beat the Saints.

The Bills haven't beat anybody even remotely close to those two teams all year.
How about this as a take away: That it's the NFL, and the disparity between a great team and crappy team isn't that far away, and even the crappiest of teams can win on any given Sunday.

This isn't college where Alabama is beating up on Southwestern Podunk University School for the Blind.....it's the NFL for christ sakes, and while the Falcons weren't a very good team, they still have quality players, coaches and staff, took a boatload of teams down to the wire (including the Bucs, Saints, our Chiefs and others) and had a more than capable Offense and an underachieving D. It's not outside the realm that the Falcons were actually in a game with our team.....and yet we still won when obviously not playing our best.....

Because if look at it that way, and then consider that the Chiefs still won 14 games when they obviously didn't play their "A" game all the time is really an amazing feat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:14 PM 01-20-2021
How about this as a take away: That it's the NFL, and the disparity between a great team and crappy team isn't that far away, and even the crappiest of teams can win on any given Sunday.

This isn't college where Alabama is beating up on Southwestern Podunk University School for the Blind.....it's the NFL for christ sakes, and while the Falcons weren't a very good team, they still have quality players, coaches and staff, took a boatload of teams down to the wire (including the Bucs, Saints, our Chiefs and others) and had a more than capable Offense and an underachieving D. It's not outside the realm that the Falcons were actually in a game with our team.....and yet we still won when obviously not playing our best.....

Because if look at it that way, and then consider that the Chiefs still won 14 games when they obviously didn't play their "A" game all the time is really an amazing feat.
Exactly.

On a side note:

Bob Sutton was a defensive consultant for the Falcons. I'm guessing that was a factor.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 92
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up