ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official Concussion Protocol Thread ***
BigRedChief 05:25 PM 01-17-2021
Lets get this information available here. I'll update the OP with the current info.

Posted on ESPN and talked about live on ESPN......

Wednesday am

Kansas City Chiefs
quarterback Patrick Mahomes remains in the NFL's concussion protocol, and it's too early to say that he definitely will play in Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Buffalo Bills, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Mahomes cleared certain steps Monday, "some big steps," sources told Schefter, but the reigning Super Bowl MVP still must go through other steps to clear the concussion protocol in the coming days. There is hope and optimism, considering he is expected to practice Wednesday, a source told Schefter.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Practices this time of year are basically for mental reps, anyway. More like glorified walkthroughs. So Mahomes won’t miss much, either way. https://t.co/wEslqsgDXH

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) January 20, 2021

——————————————————————-
According to the NFL’s concussion data, which is collected by healthcare data company IQVIA, the median time for the 29 quarterbacks who suffered a concussion between 2015-2019 to complete concussion protocol and return to play was seven days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
I posted in the other thread...but this seems to be where we stand at the moment:

Seems he's passed Phase 1 and 2.

Im guessing this is what the week looks like if all goes well:

Wednesday:

Phase 3: Football Specific Exercise

This is when the team can begin to introduce football-specific activities. Mahomes would be allowed to partake in supervised strength training and exercise with the team in 30-minute intervals or fewer. Players can sometimes return to practice in a limited capacity in the phase, dependent upon what the practice day entails. He’ll again have to be monitored for concussion symptoms and undergo neurocognitive testing during this phase. If he’s able to get through it without any worsening concussion symptoms he’ll advance to the next phase.

Thursday:

Phase 4: Club-Based Non-Contact Training Drills

This is where Mahomes can get back to all non-contact football work at practice. He can begin throwing, running and do other QB-specific activities. On walkthrough days, players could be listed as a full participant in practice during this phase. If he’s able to get through this phase without any new or worsening symptoms and passes through neurocognitive testing he’ll advance to the final phase of the NFL’s return-to-participation protocols.

Friday:

Phase 5: Full Football Activity/Clearance

If Mahomes is able to get through team meetings, conditioning and non-contact practice without recurring symptoms and his neurocognitive testing returns to baseline, he’ll be able to be cleared in full by the team’s training staff. In this phase, Mahomes would be cleared for full-contact football activities in both practice and game-time. As we mentioned earlier, he’ll also have to be cleared by an independent league neurologist. That would also occur in this phase.

Saturday:

Bills Mafia collectively shit their pants

Sunday:

Mahomes drops 40 on the Bills and raises the Lamar Hunt Trophy.

[Reply]
dlphg9 05:38 PM 01-17-2021
You don't have to have your head impact anything to get a concussion. Your brain can bounce off of your skull due to whiplash and that seems scarier to me than an impact.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:38 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
810 is saying Reid said that he passed everything so far
Then why didn’t he come back into the game?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:40 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
I think they had to rule him out after showing him stand up all woozy

the SJW crowd would have attacked the NFL
Jesus, no. They ruled him out because they should have. Can't get more of a clear cut case than this one.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:40 PM 01-17-2021

Andy Reid says Patrick Mahomes got hit in the back of the head and got the wind knocked out of him. Says he feels great. Never actually uses the word "concussion."

Same with Bashaud Breeland, still being evaluated.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) January 17, 2021

[Reply]
dlphg9 05:40 PM 01-17-2021
That literally makes no sense. If he passed everything then he wouldn't have been ruled out with a concussion. You think they're keeping him off the field if he actually passed all the concussion protocol tests?
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:40 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Then why didn’t he come back into the game?
:-)

Been waiting to hear Andy's PC to hear what he says
[Reply]
SupDock 05:40 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You don't have to have your head impact anything to get a concussion. Your brain can bounce off of your skull due to whiplash and that seems scarier to me than an impact.
You basically need a strong acceleration injury. Personally, I didn't see that on the replay. Clearly something happened though
[Reply]
jerryaldini 05:40 PM 01-17-2021
Oh man thanks for this!
[Reply]
SupDock 05:41 PM 01-17-2021
That literally makes no sense. If he passed everything then he wouldn't have been ruled out with a concussion. You think they're keeping him off the field if he actually passed all the concussion protocol tests?
I'm not sure, the way he looked right after the play I immediately didn't think he'd be coming back
[Reply]
BWillie 05:41 PM 01-17-2021
I do. Optics. I think he failed some of the tests though.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:42 PM 01-17-2021
The NFL would have lost their shit after he was all wobbly.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:42 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Sgt. Mike Horvath said he “got the wind knocked out of him” in Saving Private Ryan, AND HE DIED.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:43 PM 01-17-2021

[Reply]
New World Order 05:43 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Send this guy to see the independent neurological consultant

Damn straight
[Reply]
SupDock 05:43 PM 01-17-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The NFL would have lost their shit after he was all wobbly.
That thought entered my mind as well. People would think that he was allowed to play just due to the situation
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up