ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 173
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:20 PM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I feel like Ed has changed my life for the better. I still take a lot for granted but not as much as I used to. Plus, I'm just envious of this fucking viking!
Gotta' take some pics for posting if you go!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 10:26 PM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
Ed, I have an extra ticket to the playoff game. It is yours if you think you'd feel up to it. Let me know ASAP though.
I had better err on the side of caution and say no thanks. I don't know what treatment will be coming next, but if I go on chemo pills, then I won't be able to be out in the cold for long. If I get the immunotherapy, I honestly have no idea what will happen to me with that. What a generous offer, though! I can't thank you enough.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:01 PM 01-03-2017
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
I had better err on the side of caution and say no thanks. I don't know what treatment will be coming next, but if I go on chemo pills, then I won't be able to be out in the cold for long. If I get the immunotherapy, I honestly have no idea what will happen to me with that. What a generous offer, though! I can't thank you enough.
You mother****er, dont you give up... August is just a month, and you're a man, you're a Christian man

You know that you can can buck the "prognosis" with Gods help, you are going to be HERE in September... dont give in to the downward spiral, any doctor will admit that mentality plays a bigger role than anything they can do

You can rise above this with indomitable willpower... you're going back to Denmark for the holidays, and then coming home

So lets just get that straight
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:25 AM 01-04-2017
Every Christian person here, you arent doing your duty if you do not include Fast Eddie and Sacc, in your most fervent prayers

They are both two men facing the ultimate challenger... believe that anything is possible before God, and pray for it, I'm drinking a bit right now so I wont do it at the moment

But wont any of you Christian men help out, all things are possible through God and prayer... miracles that only He has the ability to create

I am a sinner, but God please hear our call... Eddie and Sacc need your healing

Pray tonight, and in the nights to come for our pals... they are good men, God
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:46 AM 01-04-2017
I second that Scott Free, I will pray tonight prior to bed and remember to so - I as try to every night.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:07 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I second that Scott Free, I will pray tonight prior to bed and remember to so - I as try to every night.
That post was hamfisted as it gets, but the sentiment is 100% true... those guys need us

Its IS possible to petition God himself
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:52 AM 01-04-2017
Understood, friend. I hope you enjoy watching the game with your brother!
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:03 AM 01-04-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That post was hamfisted as it gets, but the sentiment is 100% true... those guys need us

Its IS possible to petition God himself
I like ham.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 03:30 PM 01-05-2017
Horse piss and rat spit! I just got a call from a nurse about my biopsy results. They took 3 or 4 specimens from a cancer tumor, but the specimens show no sign of cancer. I have no idea what my treatment will be or if they will schedule another damned biopsy. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:20 PM 01-05-2017
Horse piss and rat spit! I just got a call from a nurse about my biopsy results. They took 3 or 4 specimens from a cancer tumor, but the specimens show no sign of cancer. I have no idea what my treatment will be or if they will schedule another damned biopsy. :-) :-)
:-) no signs of cancer, eh?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 05:05 PM 01-05-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
:-) no signs of cancer, eh?
Not in the four specimens or however many they took. I doubt the doc missed since he used ultrasound on my gut and hell, I think I have about half liver, half cancer, plus the samples were taken from inside the tumor. I am baffled. I won't know anything else before Monday, regardless.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:30 PM 01-05-2017
Not in the four specimens or however many they took. I doubt the doc missed since he used ultrasound on my gut and hell, I think I have about half liver, half cancer, plus the samples were taken from inside the tumor. I am baffled. I won't know anything else before Monday, regardless.
Just keep praying, and so will all of your friends here at Chiefsplanet

Lets baffle those doctors :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:41 PM 01-05-2017
Hopefully it is good news.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:22 PM 01-06-2017
You killed cancer!!!!

[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 01:40 PM 01-09-2017
I have to get another liver biopsy in two days since the six specimens taken in the biopsy I had before the end of December ended up showing no signs of cancer. Somehow, the biopsy doctor missed the cancer in there six times. The whole point is to see if the cancer genes have mutated so a specific immunotherapy treatment can be applied. They better not bollocks this one up or I will have to "talk" with the doctor who did the procedure. My team at the center was not at all pleased with the outcome of the first biopsy. I'm glad they are on my side and don't treat it like I am just patient number whatever.

But, I have to go through that all over again, no lifting over 5 lbs. for a week, terrible pains the first day or two after in the area, pain pills and so on. Groan. I really hoped I was past it and could get on with better things. I go back to the doc at the center again in February, hopefully not to find out the biopsy was a failure a second time.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 173
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138 > Last »
Up