ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 53
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:57 PM 11-03-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, that's the best news we could have. 1) win that stupid game 2) stay healthy
We did both, thank the Lord.
This 100%. Don’t get hurt was the big goal, no one was worried about winning.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:39 PM 11-04-2020
Film review: Mecole Hardman showing signs of development

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs passing offense had been in a little bit of a rut the past few weeks, but it broke out in a big way against the New York Jets.

One of the theories as to why the offense looked staler was the lack of a true “X” wide receiver. The Chiefs not only had to replace Sammy Watkins’ production but also his usage on third downs and as a short-to-intermediate threat. While Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle had seen the biggest jump in snap count since the injury, it was Mecole Hardman who was able to bust out a big game against New York.

Hardman had his best career game as a wide receiver. He finished with a career-high seven receptions, scored a touchdown and was only one yard shy (96) of his career-high. But more than production, this game was about how he was being utilized and how effective it was. The Chiefs found a way to get him involved in the passing game between the line of scrimmage and 20-plus yards downfield.

Let’s dig into this fantastic performance from Hardman and what it could mean for his development going forward.

Mecole Hardman | WR
Usage
One of the most significant sticking points in my evaluation of Hardman coming into the league was his lack of effectiveness. Some of that may have been team-driven, but it’s also about the trait and skills of the player . . .
Rest of article with film study clips link:
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/...of-development
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 11-04-2020
Still a ways to go, but just the fact that Andy had Mecole running these routes says something positive about his progression. Still needs to work on his feet and such, but this is a good sign for Hardman.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 PM 11-07-2020

There's a reason they call him Cheetah...

Most Rec TD of 30+ Yards - Since 2018

Tyreek Hill - 12
Mecole Hardman - 7
DeAndre Hopkins - 7
Tyler Lockett - 7@cheetah | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/uonRvLW4XF

— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) November 7, 2020

[Reply]
SAGA45 03:02 AM 11-08-2020
I recall reading awhile back it generaly takes WR's three years to get fully acclimated to Andy Reid's offense. So Hardman is right on (and arguably ahead) of schedule to start tapping into his full potential in this system. Definitely more big games to come.
[Reply]
kcclone 10:04 AM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I recall reading awhile back it generaly takes WR's three years to get fully acclimated to Andy Reid's offense. So Hardman is right on (and arguably ahead) of schedule to start tapping into his full potential in this system. Definitely more big games to come.

Yes I believe that’s true. The problem for Hardman is that people expected him to be Tyreek 2.0.

But when you look at his stats, Mecole is right in line with some other very good WR’s.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:25 AM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:

And considering Hardeman was at Georgia in 2018 that is a pretty impressive stat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 11-08-2020
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Yes I believe that’s true. The problem for Hardman is that people expected him to be Tyreek 2.0.

But when you look at his stats, Mecole is right in line with some other very good WR’s.
He's not DK Metcalf. People have tunnel vision.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:00 PM 11-08-2020
I'm gonna start calling him Meek.

We got Reek and we got Meek.

The guy that quietly shows up on Sundays and scores touchdowns.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:14 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Meanwhile in Seattle DK has 5 tds and not less that 90 yards each game. Media is calling him the new Calvin Johnson. We missed. Veach is awsome but we missed.

Megatron and DK are both one of a kind.

Insane numbers 🤯💪 @dkm14 @calvinjohnsonjr pic.twitter.com/sX86NM3Yim

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 1, 2020

[Reply]
Hoover 05:17 PM 12-01-2020
Metcalf has the advantage of having a top QB
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:28 PM 12-01-2020
Hardman is decent. But he will likely never be Metcalf. And that’s ok.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:40 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hardman is decent. But he will likely never be Metcalf. And that’s ok.
Hardman is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond "decent".

He was Pro Bowl returner in his first season and has 11 TD's in 27 regular season games.
[Reply]
O.city 06:45 PM 12-01-2020
For hardman to have better numbers he would need more targets. Those targets would be at the expense of Hill and Kelce. You know, two guys on hall of fame type paths.

For fucks sake guys.
[Reply]
-King- 06:54 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For hardman to have better numbers he would need more targets. Those targets would be at the expense of Hill and Kelce. You know, two guys on hall of fame type paths.

For fucks sake guys.
Not necessarily. If he was open consistently, they could come at the expense of incompletions. Hill and Kelce would have the same number of receptions and instead of Mahomes feeling the need to force a ball to them when they're covered resulting in an incompletion or having to throw it away, he could throw it to Hardman.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 53
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up